Simucube 2 News and Updates

You can change settings on the fly!
But for easy use, you need another screen to open True Drive and play with sliders

FFB in most sims go crazy when losing and reacquiring focus.
Quit doing on the fly adjustments because of that.

Uncheck “Prevent mouse wheel from changing profile settings” under Other Settings tab, and change sliders with mouse scroll to not loss focus on main screen

You cannot have two windows active simultaneously, and only active receives input from mouse and keyboard. Perhaps titles you play are immune to that problem, for me ACC, R3E, and AMS2 all were detecting focus loss and pausing FFB output just do do something crazy atter tabbing back into the game window.
After getting some painful hand slaps a few times, switched to always quitting the game or at least active session before touching anything in TD.

With those problematic games, I do TD tuning sessions playing in borderless window to be able to move the mouse to the secondary screen, then tuning with mouse scroll is not a problem.
When TD-ffb is as you like, you can revert back to fullscreen mode

To add, in any case is not needed to focus on TD window with left click or anything, just hover the mouse over any slider-list and scroll

Mobile controller app connecting to PC with TD running via wi-fi or to wheelbase via BT would be a really nice addition.

3 Likes

Please no. I can’t think of a worse idea

3 Likes

Simucube 2 True Drive 2023.2 is released.

4 Likes

Installed it, and drove an hour RF2 and an hour AC. Works absolutely nice. IMO a real step forward

3 Likes

Also installed it and no problems. Works and feels great as always :slight_smile:

1 Like

is it identical to the latest beta? i don’t have any updates prompts in true drive, i’m using 2023.2 beta

Some adjustments were made after the beta.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

We ran a user survey this summer and also promised some updates about software for Simucube 2. The results of the survey have now been processed. It took a bit longer than expected.

Last Friday we released a social media video and a landing page for the updates:

We also have a publicly viewable Trello table now where people can track our progress.

We are tracking the 26th of this month for a public firmware and True Drive release.

Please discuss in the discussion thread. Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

6 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Simucube 2 True Drive 2023.10.1 is released.

Only one minor change to True Drive to fix an issue where analog axis data was not shown correctly.

2 Likes

So it’s just TD, no FW changes?

yes, firmware is the same, no updates to that.

1 Like

Simucube 2 True Drive 2024.1 is out.
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

Changes and fixes

• New UI style for True Drive
    • Some minor UI elements still have old style, those will get fixes later
  • Offline profile management improvements
    • Offline profile selection will track the last action made in the menu
    • Offline profiles are alphabetically sorted
  • Simucube Wireless Wheels are not anymore disconnected at all if a game is running and has created FFB effects
    • Previous behavior was that wheel wasn’t supposed to disconnect if game actively sent new data, i.e. driver was on track
  • The Torque Clipping audible notification works again
  • Add some decimal points to analog axis status data on the first tab

FFB development testing as beta feature

• New Experimental FFB filters menu
    • Feature enables trying out new things without having them saved into actual profiles
    • Access the feature from the first tab
    • Features will have to be re-applied to device after any profile change/update

FFB changes

• New experimental/beta FFB setting: Angle-based torque reduction
    • Reduces FFB if wheel has turned for over 110 degrees, helps driver to resume full control of the car after a spin
    • Access setting via the the experimental menu
    • Send feedback via the feedback button
  • Motor tuning
    • Motor tuning has returned to that of the 2023.10 release. We will continue the work that was released in 2023.12 testing release in Discord.

Bug fixes

• Simucube Wireless Wheels are not disconnected due to one hour time-out if any button is being used on the wheel, regardless if games are running or not.

Please send us feedback via the new feedback button!

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 Discussion Thread