Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

I totally like the Trello board solution. It provides what you are working on for us, and how things are going. I therefore can stop beeing a plague by constantly asking the same question. Good for you (I know…), good for us customers.

PS: I like the title “software you wouldn’t download”, the message " we are listening to you" is nicely wrapped this way!

Some UI improvements are planned. I will add cards to Trello about them. The major UI overhaul is the Simucube Tuner, so there isn’t really going to be major changes to True Drive, other than some usability improvements here and there.

If SC2 will be eventually managed through Simucube Tuner, I wouldn’t sweat making any additional changes to now obsolete UI.

Well, there is still many months of work required to get the support working in the Tuner, so we will utilize the feedback we got via the questionnaire and make the easy changes that were suggested.

UI look isn’t a game changer, not at all imo. I see it maybe 5 to 10 seconds, it depends if I use default profile or another one. And the actual design is absolutely ok. We know where everything is to find, and I’m even willing to accept the worst look ever aslong the functionality is given, and is good.

That video “You wouldn’t download” gave me “You wouldn’t steal” vibe from “IT Crowd” antipiracy commercial

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I think I understood what they were going for, but it did tend to give off the wrong vibes

1 Like

I didn’t see new UI on Trello board, hopefully it’s in the work if not done already because the current TD UI is just a sad place, even older Classical was better.

Agree completely, perhaps efforts put into making that tongue-in-a-cheek video should have been spent on the actual development instead.
Also wondering who thought that mocking customers in promotional video was a good idea.
If the product is good and offer an improvement over existing one, customers will use it, if not, blame yourself, not them.

I wouldn’t be so harsh. They have a lot of things going on and they’re not a huge company.

I don’t think they were mocking customers, it sounded more like the message was lost in translation

2 Likes

you really think it was the same people that do the social media videos and the device development?

Yep, we all thought that you are the dude behind the videos, the hardware, TD, pedal tuning, colour designer, doing the stands at expos, driving the truck Aso. Don’t tell me I’m wrong…I still like the hint to the questionnaire… even if you don’t like when I like it…ha!..

You are wrong, Mika doesn’t drive the truck, he’s a GT3 driver :wink:

1 Like

I know! Because a friend of mine regularly laps him in both, Iracing and ACC…:checkered_flag::laughing:

Ha, he must be spending to much time coding, as last time I visit Simucube HQ, he was bloody fast :wink:

Coming soon, my new video:
Things I wouldn’t believe even if @phillip.vanrensburg told me!!

Haha, curious to see :slight_smile:

We are going to release a new firmware with some changes next week, on Friday.

I will make a pre-release available, if there are anyone who wants to test it. This will be done on Tuesday next week. Anyone want to to test it next week? Please PM me.

2 Likes

I have gotten several PM’s. I will be making the private thread on Tuesday, no time to answer all the individual PMs as I’m our of town for the weekend.

5 Likes