Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

What’s so wrong with his sentence?

i’ve noticed that in my default profile in true drive i have the bumpstop set to hard but when i turn the base on it is the soft bumpstop being used, it only goes back to hard when i go into the profile and change it then change it back

1 Like

You are not the only one to recognized this. I will have a look at this.

4 Likes

I recently read an article (i think by a simucube employee), on how to set up ffb from scratch.
I tought i had it bookmarked, but cannot seem to find it anymore. Does anyone have an idea what the link might have been?

Simucube 2 True Drive 2024.1 is out. There is an UI update to go with it.

2 Likes

Thanks Mika, so you pulled noise reduction thing out?
Wondering why arbitrary 110 degrees for torque reduction, will it be adjustable in the final version?

Yes, noise reduction was pulled out as I found a way to reproduce something funny.

We would prefer a feature to be adjustable in a sensible way or even with on/off switch, and not with over the top parametrization that requires an engineering degree to understand. But this filter/feature is now in beta so we will react based on feedback we get.

1 Like

The experimental torque setting doesn’t show a value when the mouse wheel is used, only when the pointer is used.

At low values it’s not clear what it does, didn’t try 40 plus yet.

Settings 2 and 3 are locked for now, at least for me.

FFB baseline for me feels a little bit harder. As if the overall band was narrowed.

FFB, other than the new effect, is unchanged from the 2023.10 releases.

correct, those are not doing anything, the sliders are placeholders.

basically it is “how much torque is reduced when wheel is turned a lot”.

We selected the 110 degrees as a starting point when to reduce torque, as this new setting is meant for those that use formula style wheels and spin the car and then struggle to get going again. We see this happening at our office and in trade shows all the time. I don’t think anyone who is using a formula style wheel is having a great grip on the wheel over 110 degrees anyway, so torque reduction beyond that point is a good convenience thing.

1 Like

Interesting, 180 is legitimate rotation for sharp turns even with formula wheels.

new ui looks much much nicer thanks

although one thing i’d like is for it to remember the window size it was last closed at, i always have to resize everytime i open true drive

1 Like

True, but the FFB in those sharp turns is not of high importance, or is it.

Depends on the turn, speed, and available traction.
Just pointing out that wheel at over 110 degrees is not necessarily a ‘spin’ condition and losing ffb level provided by physics engine might not always be desirable.
But as long as it’s optional we are good, someone asked for it after all.

Took a bit while to find all functions in the new UI but seems like everything is still there, 10 toes, 10 fingers. :grin:

• Can we have Connected Wheels grid use different color font as black font against that dark green-blue color is practically invisible

But looks great when you click on it, may be change font color to white.

• small, large command line parameters to control DPI don’t seem to be working anymore

• when app launches it looks like app window instantly closes and reopens again, almost like double launch or something.

• UI in general looks tidier and more modern but may be not as responsive as older one, main Status page in particular (with wheel graphics) is changing image 3 times on launch, greyed out default wheel, enabled default wheel, and connected wheel associated image. Wireless Wheels page also seems laggy, takes a bit while to reflect connected wheel every time you go to that tab even without closing app.

• is it possible to have previously selected/loaded profile highlighted after relaunching app, seems like it still remembers what profile it is by displaying name on the left panel, but does not highlight it in the list

• also not related to this release, but was always wondering what that “Audible Notifications” checkbox controls, couldn’t tell any difference with it on or off, wheelbase always beeps on startup, wireless wheel connect/disconnect and when enabling High Torque.

Hmm, does not look like that on my computer. Maybe the color scheme in Windows could be reason why it would default to another color. I will check.

Indeed, Qt framework generally just works correctly with different display DPIs now so extra options for that are not required. I think the documentation still has the switches.

Offline profiles do not have a unique UUID so that match cannot be always achieved. If there was a cached Paddock profile with name ‘a’ and offline profile with name ‘a’, both would be on the list. I can have a look at if there is a way to have that work…

I checked, its always been like this. It clears and initializes the list when the list is shown to users, which is each time you switch to that page.

This is due to performance optimization - we don’t want to send data of all possible wireless wheels all the time if user does not even have a wireless wheel the user would want to connect to. That data is only requested from device when user needs it, which is when he goes into that tab.

It’s more about hearing (or not) a sound Fe when clipping.

I have this sometimes in rally, when the steering wheel hits multiple times against bump stop because of a broken wheel suspension.

Err, no, there is separate checkbox for clipping notification.