Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

I was basically asking for any useful feedback concerning the FFB of the new FW from other experience users in case you missed the point. But thanks for the idea, it didn’t cross my mind…

1 Like

i’ve noticed the new firmware with latest true drive when the base is switched on there’s some damping or friction applied even if there’s none in the profile being used, have to switch profiles then back again to get rid of it

1 Like

But isn’t that normal dependent on the profile that is loaded automatically?

not when the profile has no damping

Nope, it has new not yet released experimental iRacing feature support which I don’t care, plus someone reported more noise with this release. So I will let it cook a bit.
Most likely there will be patch after iRacing update anyway.

1 Like

There are literally zero other changes to FFB processing compared to the 2023.10 or 2024.1 release, so any reports are probability just placebo.

1 Like

Mika, the description of HighDataRateFFB makes it sounds like it’s a generic protocol implementation rather than an iRacing specific way of delivering ffb.

Will other games implement this way of doing things?

What is High Data Rate for iRacing (360hz) is a normal rate for other sims. All these jumps through the hoops instead of raising update rate in sim, like everyone else.

No other game has so low update rate, so there is no benefit of them implementing this.

However we are considering offering this type of API for wheel base use in general, unsure if it is this implementation or on the one we are integrating to the new Simucube Tuner and its API functions.

1 Like

Power steering has nothing to do with centering the wheel caster does. The more caster you run the more centering force.

I meant that no FFB related feedback was communicated, usually the differences aren’t huge at least so that an occasional user could give any reliable feedback that would relate to your settings or preferences.

Also in the end, the result would probably just be exactly the same, you either install it yourself don’t like and go back to the previous one or you don’t.

I did not mean my message to be disrespectful or anything, just that usually it’s a lot easier to just test things yourself, especially when switching between versions is so easy. And if someone says they felt some differences then you can verify those yourself.

I haven’t installed a single unusable TD or FW version skipped maybe 2-3 since last 3 years, maybe stupid habit but I’ve been lucky so far I guess.

2 Likes

What you are saying in principle is correct and true, i cannot argue with that. The best thing for someone is to test it himself. But lately due to lack of time, i haven’t spent much time on my rig, so if i installed this update there is a chance i wouldn’t notice much even if the FFB is somehow worse. And also i do not have the time currently to do thorough tests. That is why i asked for the opinion and experience from other people, to just save me some time.

1 Like

I am using True Drive regularly on Linux through Wine/Proton and it works great. If there are issues on the app side I will always report here.

These days almost all (sim) racing titles run as well on Wine/Proton as they do on Windows. Some older titles (as GTR2) are even more performant on Wine with dxvk, than on Windows with d3d9. It is even advisable for Windows GTR2 users to use dxvk’s d3d9 implementation, instead of the original Windows one.
There are even games as Forza Horizon 5, that are better supported (related to FFB wheel support) on Wine/Proton, than on Windows. SC2 works out of the box there :slight_smile:.
Also CrewChief, SimHub and other utilities work pretty well.

So, Linux as a simracing platform is a good alternative to Windows, IMO. Valve is also investing more in this, with the Steam Deck gaining popularity (already has several million users, as far as I know).

5 Likes

my simucube 2 pro will arrive in june at the end of the warranty (2 years).
Should I sell it and buy another SC2 pro ? or I have another rig with DD+ (fanatec), should I sell my SC2 pro until there is a new SC3 ?
I’m very satisfied with the SC2 pro (zero issue in 2 years), the only main issue is the game list compatibility (very short vs DD+).

Hi Tony!
Fantatec is going through insolvency proceedings and will have, sooner or later, to declare bankruptcy. The only way to prevent this is a takeover from another company (Corsair seems to be interested). It therefore would be wise to consider something else, if at all .

I don’t really understand why you would want to abandon a product that seems to work without any problems (if I understand you correctly) just because the warranty is ending.

Which are the titles you would like to play and aren’t working with Simucube 2??

Newest TD release feels good on default profiles :+1:

how is 2024.7? Im still on 2024.5 and I’m not in a rush to update

Coming from 24.3, seems okay to me but I’ve been sticking to default profiles for some time.

it’s the same, but you don’t have to enable the new reconstruction filter every time anymore. I see no reason not to update. I like the new filter a little more than the v1 one.

but with the 2024.5 I can choose the old or new :wink: