Simucube 2 News and Updates

All Problems are fixed with new Bats. Fast Delivery from Amazon.

Shown in the SW now with 3,56 Volt.

1 Like

Which SW version? I also believe Cube is not SC2 based BT.
Rock stable here with Ascher and SRB wheels on 2021.9 Classic.

@Anfrew_WOT It depends on the Cube wheel. My F1 version before the latest one is SC2 wirelessā€¦.

1 Like

22.5 is the SW version on the base as far as I can remember.

Itā€™s not going to be possible for me to do any further testing at the moment as Iā€™ve switched back to my thrustmaster kit in anticipation of their new DD.

I never really got on with the SC2 to be honest, In ACC it was great, and F1 22 surprisingly, but in everything else it was just felt like a big spring. I had to do too much fiddling with it and that put me off playing some other great sims.

in both SW Version Truedrive 2022.7 and 2022.11 all my Ascher Wheels are recognized again without any Problems.

I had to change the batteries after ~ 2 - 2,5 years.

After having a look around all the feedback, I decided that the 2022.11 release was good to go.

Known issues:

• Slight notches in DirectInput Damping effect. Damping now takes wheelā€™s rotation speed into account, but there is a glitch on how that is calculated, and if you turn the wheel fast with high FFB settings when car is stationary, you can feel some notches. We will work to eliminate the glitch in a future release.
  • Issue with Ascher Racing F64V3-SC wheel: Simucube button mode does not work. Will be fixed in future release.
3 Likes

what games use direct input damping?

WRC 9 and 10 for sure. They also use the spring effect

RFACTOR 2 uses either damping or friction, depending on what you enter in the j.son

as long as the notches arenā€™t damaging the hardware i guess itā€™s not a issue if only when stationary

That is interesting. I have an ultimate ver 1 with no antenna and 2 NSH plates that donā€™t have external antennaā€™s. When connected they have a strength of around 45% to 60% and i have never had miss shifts unless it is me down shifting at the wrong time.

Saying usb is better is subjective to the user. I for one think wireless is better,

2 Likes

raceroom is using direct input damping, the notches are really loud and quite bad when at very low speed or stationary

hope this isnā€™t cuasing any hardware damage?

It will not cause hardware damage. Can you show the settings you are using, and any comment on whether the damping is stronger than it should be?

i havenā€™t played raceroom much recently so hard to tell if much different than before tbh

it seems raceroom only uses direct input damping when below like 20-30kph, has a solid circle in true drive then it turns into a hollow circle when you start driving properly, itā€™s still rather bad notching though when stationary

Hi @Whip and others,

There is now a beta available that aims to reduce the notches in the directinput damping that were introduced in 2022.11 release.

PM me if you are interested. I will add @Whip right away.

-Mika

2 Likes

Simucube 2 True Drive 2023.1 is out.

There have been some mixed reports about the mitigation for the directinput damping effect.

Please write your reports to the feedback thread. Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant, :smiley: Iā€™ve been using this version since the weekend and I love it, Iā€™m down to recon 1 and damping 0 GD you guys have done a great job thank you to the whole team.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

LOVE the product but you need to take a more APPLE like approach and hide all the tech details like version numbers and such, and focus cleaning up the user interface. it is too busy. I feel like I am about to launch a rocket to space each time I touch the software.

once setup sure it is great but the setup is cumbersome.
AND ->
- why canā€™t we setup shortcuts to change all values on the fly as we play the game ?

BUSINESS IDEA -> sell a button box to change the Force feedback value ! I bet EVERYONE would buy that stuff ! Patent pending :wink:

1 Like