Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I get also very heavy friction in F1 22 in slow corners, like the first corner in Monza. Would not have installed the new version if I would have known that :slightly_frowning_face:

Well I play on AC-ACC I have no problems except for the stationary friction, as MIKA said that will be solved, I don’t know what to tell you.

the “set as default function” is still broken

Did you turn off the direct input filters? They are at 100 per default. If F1 22 uses di filters, turn them down. It affects all presets, aswell those already had been there.

Oh man, stupid me, I didn’t look all the way down in the FFB settings of my True Drive profile for F1 22 :flushed:
Turned down friction and dampening in the direct input filters and all is good again. I should have read the release notes more carefully. Many thanks for your help :+1:

3 Likes

Hi, I had a problem with the new version of true drive 2023.2. I’ve been using 2023.1 but when I put 2023.2 on, I noticed that there was no damper or that it was much looser without touching any parameter as it was. I don’t know If it is because you have changed something or it has been installed in my bad. I have noticed it especially when it comes to getting off the curbs, it no longer makes those peaks of force or when passing over the curbs they feel much less

Which game is this happening in? DirectInput damping was tuned to be approximately 30% less strong to avoid it going unstable with very light wheels.

Excuse me, I didn’t put it, it’s in acc and a simucube 2 sport, if you tell me that it has been adjusted to be 30 percent looser, there is the explanation, I take the direct input damper to 16 and the mechanical damper at 8 and friction at 4, and it is noticeable a lot and I did not know if it was due to a mistake having updated

Hello, I also wanted to report problems with 2023.2. I had a lot of trouble keeping the car on track. Three weeks of disastrous racing. Tonight just by uninstalling 2023.2 and installing 2023.1 it seems to be back linear and with control.

Thanks for the report. Which game, and what kind of FFB settings are you experiencing this with?

Hi, iRacing, Dallara p217. I went from 4.2k to 3.7k hahaha. A real nightmare. I use 100% strength, R.F. a 1. As filters I use only inertia and Latency mode. By decreasing the force and increasing R.F. it’s improved a bit, but my feeling is that it wasn’t just a graininess issue. I have experienced speed and control issues.

Thats very unexpected. There hasn’t been any other changes than an adjustment in DirectInput Damping effect which iRacing doesn’t use anyway.

Have been using the 2023.2 on iracing lately, zero problems, feels perfect :+1: using just the dallara p217 too haha

Is there any way to increase the font size in True Drive?

True Drive (mostly) follows the Windows font size settings. How many other apps have separate font scalings?

With Classic there are command line params you can use

small - Makes UI to open in small mode on High-DPI displays.
large - Makes UI to open as larger window on High-DPI displays

On my ultrawide G9 I had to use small as global font scaling didn’t work that well.

Not sure if Paddock version still supports those.

I do not know, Sir. But I am convinced your timetable allows you to find, and then immediately provide a solution.
We will let you know if there is more crucial to be dealt with. Should there anything vital to be at risk (Fe colour grading), we then would activate the special ops team.

I wish you a pleasant night shift.
Kind regards

Your most important customer

@Mika.My main sim is ACC. Please tell me if with no filters, all to zero, last TD is less on details, less crisp and less reactive than 2021.12 or 2021.9. I’ve read that the firmware was modified since the version 2022.2 for improve precision/smoothness of sinusoidal current waveforms Thanks.

Any feedback on 2023.02? Worth upgrading to?
Thanks.
(Running 2022.05)

Well I’m using the latest firmwar and I don’t understand my ffb at all, I don’t know what’s going on? It seems to me much too damped, I have to have a reconstruction filter on
5, I wonder if I’m not going to go back to the January FW?

1 Like