Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

ACC there is no file …that is a AC file that he has copied over to ACC

I just discovered that changing reconstruction filter in TD has no effect in the ingame ffb whatsoever…might run 1 like 8, nothing changes. same thing when changing the ingame dynamic damper, 0% or 200% same result…
I feel there are some major problems with ACC on SC2, and all of this happened after the last update.
please tell me when someone - if ever - will find a solution to make this sim playable again on SC2, otherwise I’m done with it, they ruined the most perfect ffb a sim has ever had…

1 Like

if someone wants to follow and see were it goes, I am on the AC forum, currently on this thread : https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/porsche-991-2-gt3-r-ffb-too-weak.60920/page-2

1 Like

William Marsh of Simracing Paddock is doing a stream trying 1.1 for the first time, he said ffb has improved after the update for him, he is using the baseline TD profile (SC2 Pro)…at this point I think we are doing something wrong guys.
stream is here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuWnAq0SsrA

1 Like

William Marsh isn’t somebody I’d ever trust the opinion of tbh.

1 Like

William did confirm that he’s using the default True Drive profile.

He also mentioned that he had hardly used the SC2 with ACC before the v1.1 update.

He couldn’t remember how the FFB felt, pre update and therefore didn’t have any comparison he could make, unlike us.

Guess we have to keep searching for improvements or hope Kunos can take the time to find out exactly what changed.

2 Likes

I recall an earlier version of ACC with SC1 felt so so good, like others I cannot get my SC2 dialed in at all. Cannot feel loss of grip until after grip limit has been reached. Will keep trying!

1 Like

To verify you can try older version of the game

3 Likes

I’ll give this a try tonight. I looked at the instructions and there may be a few places where my OPD might frustrate the process, but it would be good to feel v1 ffb to make real comparison.

Noob question incoming (so bear with me, guys!): I tried the last revision of ACC with the new 2019 Porker on the Nürb’. I just forgot to change the TD profile and so I used the Iracing simple profile.
And the game felt good (not great but really good!) although the strength was a bit too much.

Is this ‘normal’ considering everybody thought the FFB was too low since the last update?

1 Like

That’s an interesting find. Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you been able to do a back to back comparison by switching from that iracing simple profile to your normal ACC profile?

If the iracing profile gives what you perceive as better FFB after doing that, I’d like to see what those settings are and try to transfer them over.

2 Likes

Sorry but not yet… I’ll definitely give it a try though and I’ll let you know ^^

1 Like

Hi, not sure if to make a new thread or post here so going with this first. Have been using the SC2 Ultimate for a few months now and finding that during very fast changes of direction there’s a feeling that the load kind of lets go and then picks up very abruptly, then there’s almost a sort of a knock when it picks up again, 100% nothing lose anywhere and it definitely feels like the motor power is cutting then picking up quickly.

Only happens when theres very fast changes of direction, like the first and second chicane at Zolder and T1/2 at Monza.

Any particular filter I should look at to help stop this?

Hello,

Might it be the hands-off detection activating? What have you set that to?

@Serge.M

Have you always had this feeling or is it only since the v1.1 update?

@Mika hi, have you followed the discussion around acc 1.1 and sc2? we are trying to find a solution there on the forum and as you can see from the links above also on ac official forum.
if so, and if you had the chance to try acc before and after the update, i would like to know your thoughts on that matter, thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks, will check later today, not sure what it’s set to

@EsxPaul couldn’t tell you as really don’t remember

Have tested today by turning off the hands off detection and can confirm it’s all good now. Did a bunch of laps at Zolder changing wheel direction as fast as possible through the chicanes and no issues

4 Likes

So now one thing is sorted may as well check on another thing :slight_smile:

When the car is stationary the steering is very light, seems the dampening isn’t kicking in until the car moves. If anything it should be the opposite with steering heavier when stationary compared to rolling down pit lane?

If anyone has suggestions on this that would be awesome

@EsxPaul hi mate, do you use “resonance reduction” in TD?
I’ve just tried to disable it and run acc with the last 1.0.13 TD fw, can’t tell if it’s actually working or if I just didn’t remember how it felt before, but I feel the ffb has changed for the better since last time I tried, weeks ago.
Tell me if you notice an improvement like I did (by the way I am using TD baseline acc profile, just lowered recon to 4 instead of 8).

1 Like