Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Yes, the slight shudder with just the desktop centering spring is due to the device telemetry processing inside the device and it will not be active when driving FFB-enabled simulators.

I never really understood what noise reduction does…I tried to enable it but didn’t fell much difference…is it related to some specific wheels (simulaje maybe)?

Yes, it tries to filter some of the resonance-causing frequencies and can help with some wheels or QR systems. Should be always enabled.

Hmm, causing more noise on my system. :thinking:
At least used to with previous build, didn’t test with new one yet, were there any changes?

There was not supposed to be any changes regarding filters, but the torque controller code has been somewhat rewritten on the servo drive and while our tests (both software and physical) do not seem to find any difference, there seems to be some interaction going on now. We are investigating.

Found discussion on that filter, sounds like consensus was not to use it.

1 Like

Is there a reason why firmware downgrade is not possible? People could just downgrade while they wait for you to sort this out. Now they have a worse product at home while they wait for you.

There is an option to downgrade, but we are not yet sure that it would be be test thing to do as it is undocumented and will reset all settings as well.

I have tested with both Kunos titles and haven’t experienced any issues so far. Wheel is smoother than ever. I don’t have desktop spring or resonance reduction on.

Since the new update allows us to start with minimized TD and automatic High Torque Mode i suggest to make the profiles available in the tray right click menu.

3 Likes

Now If we only had permanent disable for wireless scan option, I could just start the app and forget.

2 Likes

It will be done for next version - wireless scan will be always on, and the start/stop button will be replaced with “clear list and restart scanning” button.
Also the progress bar, which causes CPU consumption (but only when that tab is open) will be removed.

I just did a league race (iracing, Cayman @ Road America) with the new TD and FW. I also did the exact same races with the same car setup yesterday on old TD and FW.

I didn’t notice any difference in the feel of the wheel. I thought I heard some high ringing noises (very soft) in the beginning of practice, but that could’ve been noises coming from the living room TV as well :wink:

audible notification and safety notification beeps is too loud, can’t mute it? Or can’t you lower both volumes?

Since the new update i find feedback become very, very detailed and now i feel very little sliding or bumps. Also bumps become more fast, like in deal life? :smiley: Thanks for update!

Noise? I don’t hear this noise while driving, so this is not a problem :). 2. This noise was in last 1.0.10 when i buy my SC Pro. So you can check the difference between 1.0.10 and 2020.1 :wink:

1 Like

grainy/rubbery? Try default setup in your sim and in SC 2. I have no problems, just finish my 2 hours training. Wheel become more fast and informative. Need some little corrections in true drive software for your preferences.

Perhaps someone can point me to the correct thread etc, but in iRacing I always have to switch the SC2 off and on (using the switch at the back) for the wheel to start working correctly. I need to do it once I’m in the practice/race session and only once a day (unless I have a long break). Could it be some USB energy saving mode issue? I have a 230V power kill switch for the whole rig (excl PC), that I always use and the PC is turned off using Windows shut down. Any ideas?

Which firmware version are you using? Is it possible that the wheel goes to standby mode which can be reset by the e-stop button, or the button in True Drive that appears?

Using VR, Wiktor?

Then simply open settings in iRacing when ingame, under controller settings in setup window, deselect ffb, close window, open it again and enable ffb. Should be good then

I just updated to the latest firmware, but it was the same with the previous 1 or 2. Everything starts immediately after booting the PC up, so there is no time to enter standby mode. I waited with reporting the issue until the new TD/fw, but still the same. I enabled the always-on full FFB mode, as it will be useful for me.
Phillip: I use VR (Index), will give your solution a try. However, reaching a physical button is probably still easier for me than going into an iRacing menu.