Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I have only managed to bring up strange bumpstop behavior, if one uses both the Simucube-generated bumpstop and game-generated bumpstop at the same angle. This is not how it is meant to be used, but I’m investigating if the current implementation has any unwanted side effects compared to the last one.

1 Like

Thats May be true in your side test, because TD steering range/bumpstop is 1080º or 900º. If racing cars are in play, you will never reach TD bumpstops because the game’s created bumpstops are too far away from TD ones, almost impossible to reach when the game simulates 540º or 420º, but the problem is there too.
Try to force the wheel past 900º and you will loose the forces

My 2 Eurocents: Also experienced the bumpstops failing.

While fiddling with setting up Project Cars 2, I was asked to turn the wheel fully to the left or right, till it hits the stop. Centering spring in the game was enabled, causing quite some force to overcome. When reaching the bumpstop, the force completely disappeared, the wheel turning free with no counterforce at all.

Quite bad situation if this happens in-game, especially when using a spiral cable.
This confirms Mikas findings - and for sure is something that should not happen.
So please look into this and provide an update soon, making for the counterforce not getting deactivated if you exceed the bumpstops . :wink:

Is it possible to stop each FW update resetting Resonance Reduction filter to enabled?
Not the best experience if update discards previously defined User Preferences.

Thank you

3 Likes

Can I ask why you turn this off?

I have more “grit” in the wheel with it on so it has opposite to desired effect in my case.

And more discussion on other negative effects of this filter

1 Like

@Mika Is there any new update on the horizon? Any new feature or bug fix(es) that could be shared with us?
Thanks.

There will something on social media today or Monday.

1 Like

Might as well tease you a bit.

11 Likes

More discussion about this here:

4 Likes

Great stuff :call_me_hand:
Have a great weekend :beer:

Do we even need it with everyone’s having own opinion on how FFB should be set?
Perhaps only good for complete noobs newcomers, but we have predefined profiles and Simplified mode for those?
Improve documentation on filters, teach people how to fish instead of giving them one.

4 Likes

I applaud what Mika is trying to achieve here.

If the majority of users get on board with this and upload their profiles it will improve the quality of the experience for everyone.

No longer having to ask people to screenshot their settings for a start…

7 Likes

I’m torn between @Andrew_WOT & @EsxPaul

It’s a development that is great is actually happening!

On the other hand, with the “simple” mode also having been added, I see no real need for it. Even the advanced filters are few, currently.
With many more advanced filters, maybe… But people LIKE sharing/discussing/explaining these things, so why the rush…

I personally would have liked to see A LOT more time going in to the filters.
Not a single new filter has been added or improved in maybe a year(aside from bump stop stuff and some bug fixes). Also the recon filter cannot be adjusted enough, so for example irffb actually works better than recon as it is now.

There is no doubt in my mind that the winners(& losers) of the current DD race will be decided on the SW front in the mid-long term run, and so it does not seem healthy with a 1-?? years break from adding & improving the critical filters.

If there was enough staff at granite working on these things, both could happen in parallel, both better filters as well as this new route. But it seems to me there is not that many people at hand & this will mean we are completely dead in the water on filter improvements & new filter development for at least another 1-?? years, while this new “sharing of screenshots replacement” is in development…

Maybe the filters are not a high priority or of any interest to develop for granite any longer.

I am a huge fan of the support that is provided here, truly incredible! But I could not disagree more to what is happening both development/priority wise as well as policy wise in reg. to Ultimate exclusive functionality(this is by far the smallest of these 2 disagreements, btw).

Personal opinion & fwiw.

3 Likes

I’m Really Looking forward to this and hope we can get some real racing drivers on board, and get some input from them. I’m Practicing with the ferrari 448 gt3 in rfactor 2, truedrive strength set at 100%, with ingame ffb hovering around 55/60% ffb, But I have no idea what the actual force/strength/wheel weight should be. It could be single finger light on the wheel lock to lock for all I know.

Not so keen on the single place for profile storage though, internet down/website hacked etc, could all prove problematic, would like the option to save all my profiles to a usb stick, and have a backup outside the loop altogether. I have an adata 127mb usb 1 mem stick with my banking/personal info on that must be as old as the planet. It’s survived many a washing machine fun run and is still going strong.

Anyway, enough old fogey ramblings, A big thanx to simucube team for pushing things forward.

J

2 Likes

might sound silly, but the feature I wish the most for td is a simple “undo” button to go back to the previous value of any setting…I am always experimenting with td (reason why i posted so many profiles lately) but this is something I always missed, a lot. would be great to have it, instead of being forced to remember the value the setting I last changed had before.

5 Likes

My apologies reg. low force performance at high vs low force setting in TrueDrive.

As some of you know I have posted my findings that it felt to me as if running the SC2 at high force provided a clear benefit at low forces vs running it at low force & using higher gain in the sims.

I have now spent the afternoon trying to reproduce directly, through using DirectInput & sending FFB signal at 200-600hz at various force levels in TrueDrive and in the FFB signal.

The conclusion from this test is that I have been absolutely, completely unable to reproduce this issue going this somewhat more scientifically correct route. Exactly as some other people have told me they did not believe this to be the case. It seems clear they have been right & I have been wrong.

I am not sure what could have caused this difference in some sims when changing forces around & I will try and find the exact root reason of that some other day.

Again, truly sorry about this and for wasting anybody’s time on it.

I will correct my other posts over the next few days to reflect this.

4 Likes

Hello Mika,
My idea was right :).
this is what I expect . remember , I have the sc2 ultimate .
Thank you.

Hi guys, long time away, just saw that online profile store thing and want to share my opinion.

I don’t want to comment the always online approach as there were enough comments regarding this (i am also against it)

The idea to have an online platform for sharing profiles is not bad at all but it has to be maintained imho to work properly.

If not it will be a wild mess with mostly crappy profiles, and, as others already said, FFB overall would not be better.
As a good example you just have to look at Assetto Corsa and the setup market app which had the same basic idea.

Does anyone expect to get a good setup from there? Or how long does it take to get a setup which works for you in the specific car/track combo? Who knows if its a good setup and not something that is even worse than baseline?

You can’t get a reliable quality marker with “likes” or “amount of downloads” or “amount of usage” because FFB is even more individual than car setups.

Best example for this was a discussion which i had with Max Benecke from PDS in their Discord. He, as a Top Tier Driver in iRacing has complete different needs and taste for his FFB than me.

You can bet, if there is a profile from Max available, a huge amount of players will try it and stay with it even if they don’t like it just because he, as a Top Driver has to know it better than me, the average noob.

So long story short, is there any moderation/maintaining planned for the online profile market? If not, i see this basically good idea failing because of usability.

4 Likes

On the other side, i remember asking @Mika back in January about Recon Filter 2.0 and overall improvement of filtering.
When the SC2 Platform startet it was a big story out there that filter development is still in early stage and many things are near to ready to make the experience even better than it was back then.
I guess @phillip.vanrensburg wrote some of this posts
The hardware base would be the only true nextGen Direct Drive Base and what could all be possible due to its advancedness

I for myself can’t remember when or if we got at least one improved filter to make FFB better. But what we got was a try to remove extended settings, a try to even remove some filters and now an online store for profiles with removing local profiles at the same time.

I know that i, as a customer, doesn’t demand the direction of development nor its speed but i would definitely love it to see these already announced features accomplished than get new ideas presented which are, in my opinion, maybe necessary but not well thought through

6 Likes