Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

Can’t speak to Fanatec DDs, but definitely a huge difference on SC2. It makes me wonder if it was something else in the code that is having an effect on SC2s and TD. I think it’s fixable though. Adding friction and inertia are giving more of the old feeling to the wheel. Still not back to that dialed in feeling yet though, but making progress. Hopefully the root problem will be identified so that future upgrades don’t blow up the effectiveness of the presets.

2 Likes

so, thanks to my good friend @bladerunner2308, I think those settings are a huge improvement, and I think we’re on the right way to solve this :

I think some tweaking is still needed, notably for damping/friction/inertia values, but setting 640° degrees (I have 650° bumpstop because of 10° bump. angle) made a huge difference imho, together with ULLatency at OFF and direct input Damper and Friction at 100%.
Off course, also 640° ingame, gain somewhere between 65/70%, dyndamp 100 and road feel 5/10.
Test this and tell me, I managed to run and actually have some good fun even with the new 911 at Silverstone 2019 :slight_smile: no more robotic tyre feel, much less “weird” understeer effect while turning.
please let me know what you think!

3 Likes

Steering range only 640? I have almost double… 1200…

I doubt you need that much for gt3 cars though

But most games sets DOR automatic anyway. Depending on car.

Hi There! Just received my SC2 Pro yesterday and test it with few sims using the available profiles.
ACC std profile works great and the wheel is spectacular with this sim.

It is not working properly if there is a limit to 640.

1 Like

Interesting to me as I had never really tinkered with the steering range before. 640 may be a little too narrow, but I like it better than the default. You guys are he-men operating at 100%/full strength. I am at 65% with in-game at 75%. Also dialed friction inertia and damping back a few % points from your settings. Otherwise almost there for me. Liking the new ACC release.

1 Like

tried following the advice of the guy on the ACC thread - not this, the other one - and pasted AC ffb post process file into doc/ACC/config folder…I must say ffb got much closer to the pre-update state, I also lowered recon from 5 to 2 and raised ULLatency to 15% - all this within the default TD profile of ACC.
it is not exactly like before, still need to raise the gain ingame and some fine details are still missing, but it made come back the progressive damping feel on turn and a much more refined tyre feel in general.
by the way, the ffb post process file has Gamma=0 and Gamma value=1.0.

1 Like

If enabled = 0, gamma = 1.0, that is no gamma applied.
This is accordingly to Stefano and based on my tests in AC.
Which specific settings are you using?
Thanks

i am using TD default profile for ACC, only changed recon filter from 8 to 2, and raised ultra low latency to 15%.
ingame, gain around 75, dyn damper 100 and road feel around 10.
I also need to re-test with the settings I posted yesterday.
anyway, I don’t know exactly why but pasting the ffb post process file improved quite a lot the overall feel.
also, @EsxPaul, I noticed the new Porsche has a quite strange electronics setting by default, I lowered TC2 to 1 and it feels a lot better now. same thing for the new 488.
edit : I forgot to mention, but as Aris said they modified something about “vertical loads” on ffb, therefore I think we should consider setting some road feel ingame too.

2 Likes

@SuperMonaco_GP & @bladerunner2308

Thank you for the settings. Much, much better :smile:

I’m using 1200 rotation now, in-game and TD.

From my testing I’ve found that the higher you set the Static Force Reduction, the more you get over lowering of the motor power when understeering.

Before the update I was running 25% SFR with no problems or loss of feeling through corners. After the V1.1 update, I’ve found you cant run it that high anymore as its effectively switching the motor off through the corners. Once grip is regained, the power comes back in again and you get this on/off feeling.

Mirko’s settings have SFR set at 10% which makes steering through high load corners a little to heavy for me personally. I bumped it up to 20% but that lowers the power too much when in a corner and the on/off feeling comes back.

I’ve settled on SFR at 15% as a compromise and it’s feeling pretty good, even with the 2019 Porsche at Zandvoort. Anything higher than 15% seems to be a no go.

Here is where I am at the moment:

7 Likes

I am very pleased we both find a way in the end :slight_smile:
just a question, why min force 1%? does it effectively improves smaller details?

1 Like

This could be just in my mind but I feel that it keeps a little bit of weight on the steering when I’m going down a straight.

For example, at Silverstone you go through Maggots, Becketts and Chapel corners which give an awesome feeling of weight and bumps. Then you are into the long straight and the wheel kind of goes dead.

Not the fault of the servo really. I suppose it’s because that straight is pretty smooth but I felt like I wanted to keep the wheel a little more alive if I could.

What I also found was that anything higher (even 2%) introduces a small notch in the centre. Give it a try and see what you think.

1 Like

There very good settings . Well done

1 Like

Thank you @Andy but credit must go to @SuperMonaco_GP and @bladerunner2308 who did the hard work.

I just stole them :joy:

3 Likes

Is there some way to set the Static Force Reduction on an SC1?

No, but it is likely that this and some other filters will be added to SC1. But still not promising anything as we’ve not officially analyzed the situation and the performance of the SC1 hardware.

2 Likes

I believe the Porsche is around 800 so if you have set it to 640 your steering won’t match properly as it will compress the rotation.

I’ve set 900 which covers the range of all cars in ACC, nothing to lose other then bump stops being a little to far out with cars that are 640 or so but if you are hitting the bump stops you have bigger things to worry about at that time

1 Like

What “post process ffb file” you are referring too?