Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

2021.9 still resets Resonance Reduction to enabled on update disregarding previous user’s settings.

With 2021.9 the trayminimized option is not working anymore. True Drive starts but closes itself within a few seconds. The tray option is fine.

Edit: Last entry I get in the log file when I start it with trayminimized log is
Warning: Release of profile requested but WebEnginePage still not deleted. Expect troubles !

Thanks for report. This is for the Paddock application, right?

It seems to be closing for some reason, and appears that the framework closes its dialogs in some order that the WebEnginePage is not happy about. Profile in this regard is not the settings profile in the device, but the operating profile of a web engine page.

Nothing to worry about, as it is not going to be used any further anyway when app is closed.

I do not think that setting even has an effect anymore. We would like to keep it enabled as much as possible to lessen the support requests for buzzing devices when users have not rigid enough steering wheels / QRs.

Strange this one. It seems to work fine in debug build, but not in release build.

I’ll investigate this for next release.

It used to buzz more with it ENABLED for many. (link)
If user makes conscious decision to disable it, SW should respect that choice and not shove its own down user’s throat.

1 Like

Almost like paddock? :rofl:

1 Like

Those are quite old posts, and the frequency the resonance reduction affects, was also changed since then.

I must have missed this in release notes.
But this is not the point.

1. If user does not experience resonance as some users with “not rigid enough steering wheels / QRs”, why would he needs extra filter doing god knows what. Besides adding extra resonance it was affecting quality of FFB in ACC, was it fixed too, who tested for that?
  2. As you provide this as an option after all, please be consistent and retain its value during FW reflash, same as all other settings. It’s very user unfriendly when SW makes decision on its own and changing settings without user’s acknowledgment.

@Mika Regarding the problem with initialize the wheel base.
I made some tests and noticed when I release the E-Stop before switched the wheel base on it is able to initialize without any issue.
Can confirm 4 starts without any issue so far. I keep you updated about it :).

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded 2021.9 and get multiple .DLL errors when running the paddock version - I can see the supposed missing DLL files in the directory. Classic boots up fine. Downloaded the file from troubleshooting.txt and still the same. Any ideas?

Ignore me, redownloaded it and all good.

3 Likes

I’m about to upgrade from 2021.4_3. How does everyone like the latest version?

Have the SimBin DirectFilter issues been fixed or improved?

2021.9 is pretty good, at least Classic version, no issues.

1 Like

Ya, it does seem to be. Just played GTR2 for a bit so far…just tested DirectInput Effects, still buggy :frowning:

1 Like

We’ve seen some reports about torque being grainy or not as smooth as it used to be in some earlier releases. We can’t repeat the issue at the moment, there must be some particular conditions that trigger it.

Can someone post settings or a Paddock Profile where this behavior repeats at?

1 Like

I noticed this yesterday, The wheel feels a little ‘gear-like’ when turning against a constant pressure. Not horrible but was strange since the SC2 has been pretty darn smooth - very possible it was always like this and I just didn’t notice it. Only feels that way with force - using the same settings at idle and I can turn the wheel without resistance and it feels smooth as a simucube.
(SC2 Pro v2) (you can check the Jack Wreckfest profile on Paddock)

It feels the same over here. When damping and friction is low, it feels smooth. But set dampening to 15% and friction to 10-15% and I can feel the “gears”.

We need exact settings in order to repeat the behavior. Can you share your profile in Paddock or post the screenshot here?

Not at home right now, but I’ve published it as “Lambo GT3” and it’s for iRacing.

1 Like