Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Hi mika, I received your email with the new test version 2021.4_4 attached, what are the news compared to 2021.4_3? bye Bye

Compared to 2021.4_3, the new version should not be crashing on start in some situations.

https://granitedevices.com/w/images/8/81/Simucube_2_True_Drive_2021.4_4.zip

Thx Mika

This GDPR/CCPA compliance issue still not fixed.

Also each FW flash still automatically enables Resonance reduction regardless of the last user settings.

Even with telemetry allowed, the data that is sent, does not contain any personal or personally identifiable data. Therefore it does not fall into GDPR regulations. It is just extra option we have that allows the end-user to set preferences on whether to send even that non-identifiable data or not.

But there is a bug in where it shows Allowed even if telemetry consent is not in Allowed state. I checked, and the telemetry sending is not active when I encountered the bug. But I did not find the cause of the bug yet.

Resonance reduction is likely to become generally on setting that can’t be adjusted anymore, due to there anyway being filters inside the device that are such. We just haven’t got around to it yet.

1 Like

Resonance reduction is another filter in signal path that most of us don’t need.
Mine and other users experience with it suggests that it does more harm than good, same as ULL.
Please keep it optional and let user decide whether it’s worth it or not.

2 Likes

hi mika,
i’m always interested. thanks :).

We already released it officially, as there was indeed a crash issue that was fixed.

Now we are tidying up the online system before going larger user base with it.

HI MIka,
i see it now. sorry :).
i’m about to install it in …
now :). i’ll report back if i found issues and works corrections.

I’m facing really annoying bug with Simucube 2 True Driver 2021.4_3

When I try to change the steering wheel range the profile scroll down by itself. even by click on the up & down arrow or typing the degree. I uploaded a video

Screenshot_1

Video Link:https://youtu.be/nMWGxMPCArs

1 Like

Thanks for the report. There was also a report on Facebook about this. I will try to replicate…

Having the window slightly larger in height seems to still cause the jump, but the editing box stays visible. As there is this simple workaround, and this profile parameter editing mode is being deprecated, it is likely that we won’t be fixing it.

I was having same issue with 2021.4_3 version.
It did not happen again since i update to 2021.4_4.
Hope it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion but did not work however you have inspired me!. In my case, I did the opposite, and the problem seems gone now. I made the window larger in height.

I noticed recently that I was having the same problem, but maximising the window helps.

I updated to 2021.4_4 but the problem still remains.

Hello Guys, since the last firmware update 2021.5 my base feels strange on direction change and during fine vibrations of the road. It feels like loose inside.

The feedback feels like a popcorn machine but without noises, only how it feels.

Does someone else have this issue?

Should i downgrade?

1 Like

Has this happened on exactly the 2021.5 or was it already present in earlier version?

Only after 2021.5 update. I downgraded yesterday to 2021.4_4 and now it works fine again.

1 Like

So, we now have a test firmware available to check if we fixed the issues that were related to devices not initializing or some inconsistant non-working behavior in all releases after 2020.10.

I’m setting up a private thread for testers, but please reply to this thread if you are one of those that have had such issues in all 2021.x releases and would be willing to try this out.