Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

thanks a lot mate, i guess you’re right
edit : it was that, changed it into cm and all good

1 Like

Hi everyone,

recently got a SC2 Pro and I just can’t seem to figure out FFB in AC. I have been trying out Andrew_WOT’s settings and for some reason I can feel way too much vibration in the wheel and the wheel starts to oscillate badly. This is really prevalent on the Nordschleife. Even when I sit at the pits on certain tracks I just feel vibration build up in the wheel. No idea what is going on.

I was able to get the simucube to feel good on ACC, I just can’t for some reason on AC, it honestly just feels rubbery and broken, with way too much noise. I used to play AC on a Fanatec CSL Elite, I made sure all old properties were removed before setting up the SC2.

Below are my settings. Currently on 2021.4_4 software release. Not sure if it makes sense to downgrade firmware or do a clean reinstall of AC. Any help is appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Disable “accurate” gyro implementation and use standard OEM one.
In fact I suggest disabling the whole CM FFB Tweaks FX.
ULL is also not needed with AC and can lead to vibration.
For TD, either use 2020.10 or latest 2021.7 (use Classic version from distro, not Paddock)

1 Like

Thank you, that seemed to help with the oscillations while driving.

Now still when I sit at pits the wheel starts to build up a violent vibration, this goes away once I start driving. While driving it is minimized, but I still feel a little bit of a constant vibration, but I’m assuming this might be due to road feel/AC’s older physics engine?

I have double checked that all QR bolts are snug etc. and I have upgraded TD to 2021.7 per your suggestion.

Not sure, that doesn’t sound right. Is that some mod car?
Did you set ULL to 0 (Ultra Low Latency)?
Also try to set Damping DirectInput effect to 0 in TD and make sure that all things under FFB Tweaks FX are off.

It’s been happening even on Kunos cars. Turned ULL to 0 and set Damping DI to 0 and FFB Tweaks in CM is off.

Below are my current settings, also a video showing the constant vibration in pits. Once driving it calms down but I can still feel a bit of that vibration even while driving.

https://youtube.com/shorts/mRsxNBdp5O0?feature=share

Thinking I might need to do a clean reinstall of AC/CM?

Can’t even think of anything. I see that your have Resonance Reduction checked, while it shouldn’t cause that severe vibration, some issues with it on were observed in the past.
Do you use any of those “origin shift”, “new physics” CM features?

Turned resonance reduction off, and I have none of the physics tweaks checked.

Still doing it unfortunately, no idea why

Do you have LUT or Gamma in ff_post_process.ini enabled by any chance, check Documents and Steam AC folder.

This is my current ff_post_process settings.

ff post process - gamma

But I think I have solved the issue, I went ahead and deleted the cfg folder within the assettocorsa (Steam AC) folder and then had steam validate/check integrity of files.

Looks like the issue has been solved, I’m assuming there were some left over settings from my old wheelbase that was conflicting.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you again. Your effort to help everyone is realy appreciated. Hope you use Paddock, so everyone can have your very good setups!

Thanks so much for taking the time to put in the hard work and then post your settings.

I haven’t touched AC for a couple of years but decided to give it another try today. You got me started back up straight away without having to spend hours trying to start from scratch and figure things out all over again.

Your settings felt natural to me straight away. Great job mate :clap:

Paul, also try without experimental gyro (just enable it in AC FFB settings and disable one in FFB tweaks), this way you wouldn’t have to use that much dampening, friction, inertia, and ULL, etc. From what I’ve learned it doesn’t really work that great with DD wheels and majority of Kunos cars, except may be few mods that actually benefit from it.
You can tame down oscillation and aggressive SAT snapback with it by using all these extra crutches at the expense of details and overall fidelity. AC in original form doesn’t really need any of that.
I’ll drop my current settings, just in case, increase Recon if you find it too grainy to your taste.

4 Likes

Thanks very much, Andrew :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be interested to give your settings a try later on and do some back to back runs to see which feels more suited to my tastes.

I have been somewhat trying to follow the FFB Tweaks thread over at RD but I’ll be honest and admit that most of what’s being debated and recommend over there has been going over my head!

Hello gents…are these the settings above you guys are talking about ?

Hi Robert

I’m currently using these settings from Panschoin and am about to try out the settings provided by Andrew, three posts up :slightly_smiling_face:

In AC as far as Gyro concerned we have 3 flavors:

• Gyro off (some oscillation, aggressive SAT)
  • OEM Gyro, acts as a combination of gyroscopic effect and dynamic damping (no oscillation, dampened and smooth SAT return, does not require additional damper to control that, you can still use some to weight wheel feel down)
  • “Corrected” Gyro from CSP FFB Tweaks, full explanation here . Worth exploring and make your own decision if it works for you or not. Gyro must be mathematically correct, but it seems to be losing “dynamic damper” portion, acts almost like Gyro off except it actually “assists” SAT return making it even more aggressive (some oscillation, SAT snapback can be overly aggressive, requires a lot of damper which also wools everything else)
    Fun fact: Strength slider in FFB Tweaks gyro does not do anything in current implementation.
2 Likes

I actually have 2 SC2 Pro’s for my son’s…they play only ACC …I would like to let them give AC a try sometime…the file in the SC2 software ? Are they any good though … I think I’ll give these a go later

You mean shipped with TD AC profile? No, it’s not good.

Thanks for the gyro explanation. That’s really helpful.

I tried out your recommended settings posted above. They feel really good to me and now I’ve had time to do some back to back runs, I can see what you mean in terms of a far more aggressive snapback to centre when the FFB Tweaks gyro is enabled.

I don’t actually mind that effect as a byproduct of a slide but it’s really not that comfortable when you hit some big bumps and the wheel whips back to centre on you in a split second. That definitely caught me by surprise and isn’t something I’d want to deal with over a long driving session.

1 Like