Simucube 2 News and Updates

Welcome to the club! We have all done it!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Simucube 2 True Drive v1.0.3 is out now.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

Fixes bad grainyness issue with rFactor 2, Raceroom and other ISI-engine titles.
Also, the beep when driving ETS2 and other games is fixed.

Thank you for the patience.

9 Likes

Will we get an update regarding Ultimates over the weekend? I know the news blog said it would be tight whether or not they would ship on schedule.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’ve just updated the familiar https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases with the latest 1.0.7 version.

It has taken us a few testing releases after the previous 1.0.3 (1.0.4, 1.0.5, 1.0.6) to remove all known resonance issues we’ve received reports on and to work out the slightly changed ultra low latency setting in addition to restoring the endstop effect. Thank you all who have done pre-release testing!

The new feature we have is the built-in templates for some games with additional help or game specific notes. You can access these templates through Add button of the Profiles tab.

If you are using the Ultra Low Latency Mode setting please note that you may need to re-tune the setting depending on your configuration/game/car due to changed scale.

5 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

2 Likes

At last!
That’s what I was hoping to hear.

This weekend, the Simucube 2 development/sales team is visiting SimExpo in Nurburgring, Germany. We might have something cool and useful to give out if you recognize us from our bright orange t-shirts :wink:

8 Likes

True Drive version 1.0.8 is released.

To add to the listed fixes, there is an attempt to fix a rare Communications Fault with code 480901 on device startup. We have not been able to repeat this issue, yet it seems to happen for some. Please report if this keeps happening or not.

Please report on this thread:

3 Likes

Mika, is it enough to download the new version and let it run in place of the previous one or should I do another way? Thank you and sorry for the dumb question but it’s the first time I update TD :slight_smile:

It will automatically launch a firmware update, so you can run it in place of the previous one.

1 Like

We are testing the True Drive 1.0.9, starting from tomorrow.

This time, we are specifically looking for testers that

• Still have resonance issues when the device starts with Simulaje F1S wheel or any other wheel.
  • OR Have Communications Fault 480901 on device start or when changing filtering parameters.
  • AND are willing to experiment with our new Simple UI mode and its tuning parameters, and are willing to loose their profile settings in some situations (make backups)

PM me for details.

7 Likes

480901 just appeared to me for the first time, at startup…

First results of the communications fault fix seems encouraging.

Anyone else up for especially the simplified UI testing?

My Sport is expected to be here on Friday, so I would love to try out the simplified UI as it’s my first DD unit.

I would like to try. Also new to the DD world.

I would like to try simple UI

Ok i gave this a FW a test. Works fine for me. The simple interface is quite good. I could quickly replicate my advanced setup quite closely near enough to make no real performance difference other than a tiny bit less feeling than i like.

I did find myself wanting the power expressed in percentage and not NM but thats maybe a personal thing.

For note when the 360 degree wheel bug occurs if it happens in testing in iracing you can actually hear the tires scrub when they rotate stationary and there appears to be three closely spaced sounds and not one as you might expect. Dont know if that would help identify the loop where the bug is. :slight_smile:

Tim.

1 Like

Simucube 2 True Drive 1.0.10 is released.

New Simple User Interface mode

• This mode will make setting up initial profile parameters easier for new users.
  • Advanced users do have access to all parameters as previously.
  • NOTE: Going back to Simple mode from either previously made profile or a new Advanced-mode profile will reset parameters to those in Simple Mode.
  • Added profiles templates for Project Cars 1 and 2 - but with quite default parameters, as these titles have so much going on also within 3rd party FFB adjustments.

Fixes

• DirectInput Spring effect now follows the effect’s magnitude parameter
  • New attempt to reduce very rare communication errors between the servo drive and Simucube interface.
  • Adjusted template profile for Truck Simulator titles.
  • A few of Simucube 2 Pro units show as Sport units. This firmware (and later versions) fix this for the known serial numbers that this has happened to.
    • Note: reassigning controls in games will be required too, as the USB ID of the device changes.

Discussion in the feedback thread
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/simucube-2-true-drive-software-feedback-thread/2667/419

11 Likes