Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Oops, yeah, I meant he can’t reprogram the pin configuration on the button-plate…sorry for confusion in my response…

Hey Fred, can you elaborate on this a bit? Are you suggesting just changing the ini manually whenever I switch cars or can this be done automatically?

I am interested to see what you are working on when it comes out!

Nick

Automatically, no not at the moment but soon hopefully. However that is a phase II of what I’m working on.

Picture a control panel for iracing with three sets of tabs. The top set is completely configurable and allows for up to 150 cars to be selected, it will default to the last used. Selecting a car will set the iRacing on screen elements for that particular car (black boxes etc). It also tells the script various things. This will extend to other things eventually, e.g. setting the windsim ini for the car if you are using it. The car selected is written to an ini file as “currentcar”, you could use this in your own script.

The centre section allows you to group all your apps you need to use frequently into a simple set of tabs to easily launch them. E.g. DiView, Windows Controllers, Motion Software etc and a few tricks like opening the setups folder for your current car or the joycalib.yaml file for that car.

The bottom section has a “Race” tab, you can click a button and it will start specific apps for the car selected (e.g. TrueDrive, or iSpeed), other tabs in this section are free but can be used for telemetry apps or setup apps.

It does various other things like providing a set of radio buttons to control all the VR settings rather than manually updating rendererdx11.ini. I am a week or so away from releasing an alpha.

Beyond SiPo, Beano and a couple of others I’ve not publicised this before, does it sound interesting?

Note to GD, if you’d like me to remove this post please let me know if it breaks any rules.

Regards
Fred

8 Likes

I’d love to have this!

Will the next update solve the annoying noise problem? (e.g. DR2.0)

1 Like

Are there any special steps I have to follow to upgrade the True Drive software and keep my original .ini files in place?

Typo corrected.

Previous user made profiles are not deleted on update.

Also, in your previous True Drive folder you will find a profiles_autobackup.ini file which you can import to a new installation if they every get cleared.

3 Likes

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

1.0.7 Fixed audible resonance for some Ultimate owners

Only for Ultimate? What about Simucube2 Pro noises?

My unit was on your headquarters for more than a week and your servo drive engineer said that the noises, which obviously only my pro has, is a software issue.

Slightly further up it’s saying:

• Reduced audible motor noise in all models
2 Likes

The Direct input friction filter “singing” is still present in Raceroom, doesn’t bother me much though, I simply turn off the Friction filter, I don’t feel it do very much to begin with.

after the update:
beep tone all 2 min works again.
Software True Drive still crashes after restart.
The SC2 must also be from the PC before starting. Otherwise nothing is recognized.

new firmware beebs with audible notifications disabled

@Jeff: Is it after every 2 minutes? If so, that is intentional, cannot be disabled and is a safety-feature.

Yeah, I actually really like that feature and it reminds me to either depress the e-stop or turn the wheel off.

2 Likes

Thanks, think it is. My teammates hate it on discord. Safety is overrated imo

What really annoys me is the pulsing blue-red light when Safety Mode is OFF (allways…)
Its reflects on my alu rig like a police car, and worst thing is that its brighter than my RGB leds bar confusing me even more.
The problem is easily solved with adhesive tape thankfully

Webcam covers could also work if someone wants something else than adhesive tape. The light will be there as it is also used for displaying the device status.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Webcam+Cover&_sacat=0

1 Like

Hello nicsos123,

Only for Ultimate? What about Simucube2 Pro noises?

I’ve been asking around on that release note item and yes, the fix has only been confirmed for Ultimate but as the release notes were later updated, all models should now exhibit less resonance. We should have reached out to you for testing releases as well, sorry for that. Have you tried with the latest firmware if that fixes the resonance issues?

My imagination says that the noises are less now with the 1.07 release, but I haven’t done a recording of previous noises for reference. Previously the noises where quite annoying at 15% friction filter (direct input).
Now they are maybe a bitt quieter at 100% filter.

My imagination says that the noises are less now with the 1.07 release, but I haven’t done a recording of previous noises for reference.

Thanks JonD for the report! Did you have Sport, Pro or Ultimate? The “less noise” fix should have minimal effect if you did not already have really noticeable noises coming from the device.

Previously the noises where quite annoying at 15% friction filter (direct input).

Sorry I missed your earlier messages regarding the friction effect. The latest 1.0.7 did not change the friction effect code at all but overall the “less noise” fix must’ve carried over to the current friction implementation being more quiet. We’ll need to investigate how we could make it better quality in future releases.

Turning the directinput friction effect off for now and possibly using the “Other Effects > Friction” is a workaround, as you already suggested.