Simucube 2 News and Updates

My Sport is expected to be here on Friday, so I would love to try out the simplified UI as it’s my first DD unit.

I would like to try. Also new to the DD world.

I would like to try simple UI

Ok i gave this a FW a test. Works fine for me. The simple interface is quite good. I could quickly replicate my advanced setup quite closely near enough to make no real performance difference other than a tiny bit less feeling than i like.

I did find myself wanting the power expressed in percentage and not NM but thats maybe a personal thing.

For note when the 360 degree wheel bug occurs if it happens in testing in iracing you can actually hear the tires scrub when they rotate stationary and there appears to be three closely spaced sounds and not one as you might expect. Dont know if that would help identify the loop where the bug is. :slight_smile:

Tim.

1 Like

Simucube 2 True Drive 1.0.10 is released.

New Simple User Interface mode

• This mode will make setting up initial profile parameters easier for new users.
  • Advanced users do have access to all parameters as previously.
  • NOTE: Going back to Simple mode from either previously made profile or a new Advanced-mode profile will reset parameters to those in Simple Mode.
  • Added profiles templates for Project Cars 1 and 2 - but with quite default parameters, as these titles have so much going on also within 3rd party FFB adjustments.

Fixes

• DirectInput Spring effect now follows the effect’s magnitude parameter
  • New attempt to reduce very rare communication errors between the servo drive and Simucube interface.
  • Adjusted template profile for Truck Simulator titles.
  • A few of Simucube 2 Pro units show as Sport units. This firmware (and later versions) fix this for the known serial numbers that this has happened to.
    • Note: reassigning controls in games will be required too, as the USB ID of the device changes.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

Discussion in the feedback thread
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/simucube-2-true-drive-software-feedback-thread/2667/419

11 Likes

Thanx Mika,
I can only try it once I get home in one week - still stuck in Mumbai.

But appreciate the Dev team’s focus and efforts to resolve remaining minor matters :wink:

Greetz,
Beano

2 Likes

Is the bug where the wheel center is off fixed in this version? I’m still on 1.0.7, trying to avoid it.

that part of the code is not fixed. The code related to that has been like that since 1.0.3, that is, it exists in exactly the same way in all released versions so far.

Huh, okay. In that case I can probably update since it never happened to me.

it has always been the case that the LED on the back of the engine blinks blue and red?

Yes, it blinks blue blue red blue red cycle to indicate high torque mode.

…okay thank you :slight_smile:

What does it mean when it’s red red blue? I ask because I am getting no signal input from turning the wheel. It appears in the first screen of True Drive, but does not show wheel rotation when the wheel is moved. It also says next to Operating Mode: “Waiting for drive to get ready” I can’t recall if that’s what it always says…

Sorry, never mind - e-stop was engaged from end of last session - whoopsie :blush:

i think every person has done that at least once. Live and learn . And maybe even Beano ? HE.HE

Did not happen to me either before 1.08. Now it happens 80% of all times when changing a setting.

Since this release aims no issue which i experience i will skip that to avoid reassigning my wheel.

Reassingning controls is only required for those that have the Pro is Sport issue.

1 Like

Simucube 2 Accessory Port documentation is released in https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_documentation

4 Likes

Simucube 2 True Drive v1.0.12 is out now.

4 Likes

I’ve removed that file, as there was a last minute issue with analog inputs. Hotfix will be up later today.

2 Likes