Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

I feel you, I’m lucky that i still have my t500rs.
But i think that is a trend of being simracer.
It must to be. everywhere and all the fabricants haven’t any DD wheel in stock.

This is the way it has to be. This hobby/pursuit is changing rapidly along with the general advancement of technology. As of right now, it is possible to build a better mousetrap. The last thing GD (or any manufacturer) wants is to be sitting on a large amount of inventory when a better, cheaper mousetrap comes along. DD is in its relative infancy. So while the Simicube 2 is top tier kit, someday it won’t be. The way we as devotees benefit is when companies can stay agile and adapt rather than over-produce and go out of business when the wind shifts. Unfortunately this means long lead times at initial release as the demand gets equalized.

3 Likes

That’s what custom built (and niche products) require. Even large companies require that. Mustang is build in hundreds per day and, despite being customizable, is pretty standardized.

One friend of mine bought a limited edition Porsche. He paid full price, years in advance. That’s quite a bit more money than an SC2.

It may not be for you. That’s fine. But don’t try to blame the company for trying their best.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget, you’d also have to wait months for the fanatec DD series, and I believe you also have to put down money in advance there.
You’re ordering a newly made product where production lines haven’t really started yet. You can’t really compare it to the clubsport when that has been out for years.

New nvidia series? Lack of stock, can wait for months like I did. New VR headset from valve? Released in limited stock batches. I’m not sure what you’re expecting of a niche company.

4 Likes

they surely haven’t done their best on the update and transparency side.
I wouldn’t want to have GD marketing and sells division working for my company.

I hear your frustration. In my experience engineers are terrible marketers and sales people. Having said that, I wouldn’t want to buy a DD system put out by sales people. You end up paying people who aren’t actually improving the product. (I’m in sales so I am not denigrating sales people. I wish I was selling a product that literally sells itself.)

1 Like

Hi Leandros! I’m 67 and a retired Mechanical Engineer. Perhaps your friend purchased a new 2018 GT3? Dealers were typically asking $30,000 premium to order one, or also for a few that were new and unspoken for. I also decided over a year ago to buy one, and I saved $15,000 buying one with only 186 miles on it last November, after searching about 6 months. Of course, Porsche has been making limited edition cars for decades, and Customers know what to expect.

But that’s just me. I’m looking forward to sim racing, and we’re all in this hobby together. If Fanatec, Granite, or other sim companies can only successfully produce new hardware by taking pre-orders for full price and delivering months later, there are obviously many who will play that game. I simply refuse to do so. It’s not THAT important to me.

Hope all sim racers waiting for new Simucube 2’s and Fanatecs, etc. have their new systems soon! I’m sure I’ll buy one when the time is right! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure I’ll by a DD, probably an SC2, when the time is right! Take Care. :slight_smile:

That’s amazing that a 2018 GT3 with 186 miles sells for $15k under list stateside, in the UK that would command a big premium!!

Hi Simon - I know this is Off Topic, so we should probably drop after this, but sorry if I wasn’t clear… I bought the car from a Porsche dealer and paid actually $17k below what 1st buyer paid. This was still above MSRP, since I had to pay a premium above MSRP.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better I did the same… Sold my old wheel early in May (hey, it was due to be delivered within a week or two, so why not when I had a buyer). Received my wheel base from the first batch, but TNT had obviously played basket ball with it during transit from reseller to me to the point that there was I never even saw the product box. They had to repack it into some random box and even the inner carton meant to protect the wheel base was all but obliterated. The wheelbase still worked, but was scratched on all sides and looked very much so-so and since I really couldn’t feel certain that the sensetive inners of the wheel base was really OK I finally made the decision to send it back…
With no replacement wheel bases in sight the reseller was kind enough to let me send the wheel base back so that I could get my money back and order from another reseller who hadn’t allready sold out all their first three batches and so hopefully I will get one from batch 3, whenever that arrives.

Wow,Porsche, hat off exotics4life​:slightly_smiling_face::+1:. I just dreaming of those but luckily we have sims at least to drive those​:grin:. I put rig together and waiting sc2 pro,hopefully this week I have it(I’am from Finland).

5 Likes

Beautiful Rig! I started building my 80/20 Rig before I realized that 80/20 Sim Kits were for sale! Mine isn’t quite as pretty, but will work well for me. Take Care! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys, so @Tommi today should be delivery day to EU vendors’, right?

shipping is not delivery. Some shipments still take time in transit…

I want this guy to be part of SC team. He’s form Finland too, and he plays music with toothbrushes and similar stuff. You are a country of crazy people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxvoetXVrEQ

Ok, just converting a quick video I did on the SC2 Pro.

Moocedes GT3 around Mt Panorama, SC2 Pro set to 20nm. Was good fun there for a few laps, I will post the link as soon as conversion and upload is complete.

Cheers,
Beano

edit:

Here we go, finally…enjoy…hopefully…

10 Likes

thanks 1000 for the advice, I would like to ask you if you could put the 2 photos of the setting (also of the bumpstop) because from the video I don’t see well and the English understand it little.

1 Like

Hi Mate,
All good. I will upload some screenshots here in a short while, so you can use that as a good starting-point.

Just bear in mind that I have set it for the GT3 cars in iRacing, it will be ok to use for GTE and other tin-top cars, but open-wheelers will need more Damping and Inertia, a bit extra Friction, to settle it down. Add maybe 5-15% for those 3 filters, if you use open-wheelers, of course, depending your torque-output.

My advise pertains to guys running high torque-levels, around the 0.65-0.75 specific output. Specific output simply is the actual motor/torque (at 100%) / iRacing slider.

So if actual motor torque is 25nm and iRacing slider is set to 40nm, Specific Output = 25/40 = 0.625

If you use 65% Output in True Drive, then Specific Output = (25x0.65)/40 = 0.41

Hopefully that clarifies things …

Cheers,
Beano

PS: I will try to make another (shorter) video of the SC2 Pro in action, perhaps the V8 Supercar around Rd Atlanta, which also is a very demanding and technical track, on top of that, driving probably the most challenging car in iRacing…let’s see how that goes, hopefully I can do something later today.

6 Likes

@Picia71: See attached my settings for the video of the Mercedes at Mt Panorama. I am busy doing a quick video at Rd Atlanta, driving the V8 COTF in iRacing, I will upload that soon. It is using exact same settings :wink:

3 Likes