Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Stefan Henkel thread disappeared? Looks like SC2 Sport and Pro has non industrial servo motor. Only SC2 Ultimate has industrial motor.
Bodnar SS1/SS2 -> Kollmorgen industrial motor
SC1 (OSW) -> Mige, Lenze, Kollmorgen industrial motor
SC2 Sport, Pro -> non industrial motor
SC2 Ultimate -> industrial motor

2 Likes

Very interesting insights on the differences between the Pro and Ultimate.

Thank you for taking the time to do this, Phillip.

1 Like

Yes, it got deleted (by me) due to the fact that it got several different languages in the thread, very messy. If it were me we should delete all messages that are not written in English and polish this policy.
Secondly what did seem to be missing from the thread was that the end user did not mention that we did work with Simracingbay to refund the product for him, to go into state before the sale. This was in early July. Refund was offered.

The RMA case has now been reopened with the end-user.

This is not correct. The motor is made for industrial use with the addition that the electronics are integrated directly to the motor and outlook is prettier (sand blasted + anodized) than it would be when the customer is industrial when it is either painted or anodized.

I cannot agree that Pro and Sport is not Industrial grade, tbh…they are certainy not commercial consumer items, very much industrial quality servos, but with embedded drive-controller.

These servos actually have bigger shafts (24mm vs 22mm) when compared to Mige 130ST series, and Lenze only has 19mm shaft…so yes, not sure how that comment could be made, tbh. Probably a slip of the tongue :wink:

Let’s see what Tommi says, somewhere, someone made an incorrect comment, imho.

Cheers,
Beano

Edit: Ha, same feedback by Tommi above, so let us not perpetuate this idea about Sport and Pro not using Industrial-quality motors. Even they are custom servos for sim-racing, they fully conform to Industrial Standards.

1 Like

Got info from my reseller that my SC2 was shipped on friday so i will hopefully can lay my hands finally on my base within this week.
After all this negativity and frustration i hope it works as it should and i`m as impressed as Beano predicts

3 Likes

Okay, now I’m confused. Why was my report deleted? Because of the language yes? Why didn’t you translate it? I just wrote what the truth is. Are you so embarrassed? I got 2 motors that are faulty. And even had to pay the return costs myself. Do you really think that’s okay? Is this your solution? Delete contributions or offer a refund in case of bad quality.

2 Likes
  1. Not 100% in English
  2. Refund was not mentioned by you -> seemed that no solution or support was offered which seemed as missinformation
  3. Missinformation in the thread mentioning that SC2 motors are not industrial grade, however not fabricated text by you, but taken out of context.

These 3 above were the things I used and considered that this thread shall be deleted.

That is the writers job.

Please note that this is between you and Simracingbay, not between Granite Devices and you.

If something falls within standard quality and is not within the criteria acceptable by the end user, then there is unfortunately nothing better to offer.

Sorry, I’m confuse here. Why industrial servos are better?
why people get upset about it no be industrial.
I thought that you would just drive simracing with it, not do some industrial shit why the base.
Sorry for the sarcasm

@Lokpes: Fair question, Industrial-grade equipment generally are considered to be more reliable and indestructable than standard commercial stuff.

Yes, sure, we do not subject it to industrial use, but it is a good feeling knowing that your equipment will not fail under even extreme use :slight_smile:

Better this way, than the reverse…at least imho

In reality also, using these custom industrial-grade motors at the end is more cost-efficient that designing std commercial motors from scratch, as in that case final cost will be higher, for lesser quality /capability equipment…

So we are having ideal situation here.

3 Likes

Tommi,
please stay fair i am too.

1. Was the 1 engine defective yes or no?
  2. Who should pay for the return transport?
  3. Is the lid of the 2 motor krum or not?
  4. Do you really want to leave it that way?
  5. A refund does not help me I would like to have a SC2 that has no game and also has no crooked lid. Can you do that?
  6. Tomo can not help what you deliver

thanks 1000 friend, too kind … tonight if I trmpo try them. you could also test Radical as a direct car, I’m using it a lot these days. Hello

In which way I am not being or staying fair? The meaning of the word is to"treat people equally or without favouritism or discrimination.

The first product was replaced unfortunately it not being within specifications. Such issues are communicated through the supply chain to check the products from similar issues.

Unless these are not already paid I understand that these costs will be paid to you by Simracingbay.

Do you mean to ask, is this standard quality or not?

I would like to ask that in which way it affects the functionality of the product?

Is it so that you’re saying that you have now second product which has play / backlash in the shaft?

Sorry guys, I was thinking it is non industrial motor in Sport and Pro because of this: (email to Stefan Henkel) “…Not sure if long extender you have been using - had caused this play, so be carefull with new unit at first. Extender should work normally in normal driving conditions - with only steering wheel and hands on it. However, if you will experiment with puting all your body weight to push wheel down at the same time - anything might happpen. Remember MiGE is servo motor designed for industry enviorment, while SC2 is designed for racing.”

1 Like

Tommi,
so okay at one, we agree the first engine wasn’t okay.
To 2. Simracingbay did not refund me the costs.
To 3. I would have expected to get a replacement cover here. Sad enough that the lid went out of her house like that. I sent you photos by email and I also tried to ask if I was allowed to loosen the screws and tighten them again. But the screws were tight and it didn’t help. That doesn’t bother me while driving but I still don’t think it’s nice and I think that this gap is certainly not within the tolerance range. Just because it doesn’t bother me when driving I think I shouldn’t have to accept that.
To 5. yes I have to say that unfortunately so. It is less like in the first engine but it is there. I feel it when I push my steering wheel a little to the left and pull it a little to the right. It’s also like in the first engine not to feel in every position but only when I hold the steering wheel turned 90 degrees. While driving I do not feel it yet. I can’t tell if it’s getting more every day. But it is not a good feeling to have this fear.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I’m gonna have to put that right here. This statement does not come from GD but from the dealer.
and once again I have to stress that I only screwed the Simlab extension to the first engine which I didn’t even drive because I immediately noticed this game.
but it’s also a fact that I drove this extension for 2 years without any problems at Mige.

1 Like

Tommi Really ?

I would like to ask that in which way it affects the functionality of the product?

you want a crooked bonnet on your porsche ? it doesn’t impact the driving does it :wink:

This PR is so bad you are killing the company and product lol

and are you sure its industrial ? since yesterday the answer was

all you guys have to do is be honest and frank and fix it for the guy

3 Likes

Seb, the comment about the servos not being industrial came from a Reseller, not GD.

The servos are industrial servos in every sense, fitted with an integrated controller solution.

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

oke fair enough, and how about tommi not seeing a problem in a crooked lid ?

more interestingly @StefanHenkel can you provide us with a video of the play on the axis

OK, If there is industrial servo motor in Sport and Pro, how is it possible to get a play on the shaft? Because of the short 12 cm extension from SimLab (Barry from YouTube has even longer)? In two servo motors? Usually industrial motors are solid like a tank.