Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

After a setup of a new gaming pc with a new fresh windows install my Simucube 2 Sport is messed up. I don’t know what happened. The car profiles feels different than before.
Example, when I stop a car on a straight, the motor/wheel is shaking heavily. Alll the settings are the same.
I can’t drive a Lotus 79 in Iracing right now, its shaking all over the place, with the same settings in Iracing.

The option to reset the Simucube doesn’t work, but I know there is a special firmware that will do that reset.
Please @Mika can I use that firmware? I can’t use it like the way I want right now.

Your pc has changed but your SC2 hasn’t - and now you have a problem.

For me in that situation, I would look again at your PC and sim settings and possibly truedrive profiles - not the firmware. I wouldn’t try to ‘fix’ what hasn’t been touched…

But how is it possible that the profiles are changed, but they are stores in the Simucube itself. Not on a computer or cloud.

Could it be that your iRacing in game settings/.ini files are not exactly as they were before the fresh Windows install? That would seem a more likely reason for such a big change.

I made a backup first of the ini files in the Iracing documents folder. Replaced the new ones with the old ones after the new Windows install.

I am still running TD 2020.4 so I thought it was time to upgrade to the newest TD version.
However, any newer version of TD (I tried all from 2020.7 upwards) won’t start? Task manager shows them as background process, but nothing happens, no TD GUI opens or anything. 2020.4 still works fine.

I tried restarting PC, unplugging the SC2 from USB, running TD as Administrator, even compatability mode Win8. Nothing worked :frowning:
Any idea what’s going on?

Hi Raimond,

You are exactly the second member ever to report this. I haven’t had time to check what is happening, but it must be something related to Windows and other software as it seems to be very, very rare.

You did try 2021.1 too, right?

Yes, I tried all versions that were newer than my current 2020.4 and all have the same result.

Can you try to launch the online profiles beta 5 in the other thread? The other person who reported this issue, told that it will launch and prompt to update firmware as normally. It is being built with latest MSVC compiler, where as the “stable” version still uses another compiler.

You can cancel/quit the wizard, no need to run the update, though.

The online beta 5 works, both the online.exe and the classic.exe launch as normal.

OK, that means that the issue is not within our code, but in Qt MinGW compiler / dll files, and that the switch to MSVC will fix it automatically.

2 Likes

Hello,
When this happens you can try to open Task Manager and (kill) DWM.exe. Windows restart it automatically but if this don’t happens : Task manager > Run > dwm.exe

After that… right click on DWM.exe and set “priority level to” LOW.
Ah, this is expecially useful for Simracing titles in windows 10. Set DWM.exe to LOW is a good thing after in win10 "expecially after build 1709. You probably notice that titles like iRacing have better and smooth framerates. Please note that , as Mika says, most of the time this issues are not developers dependant and even this workaround can work on a particular OS/Config/Build and not in others.

1 Like

Cant download the latest version :frowning:

We are working on it…

1 Like

I’ve temporarily hosted the package here, until we get the next version out. The crash on start -issue seemed to just happen with “some number” of profiles on device, and was related to unexpected timing behavior in the PC application / Qt software framework. Fix for this issue will be in the next release and will be hosted on the wiki page as before.

Next version is ready for testing - is someone willing to test? We would like especially someone who had crashes in 2021.3 to test this.

2 Likes

Hi Mika…For me. Thanks!

Hi mika, I received your email with the new test version 2021.4_4 attached, what are the news compared to 2021.4_3? bye Bye

Compared to 2021.4_3, the new version should not be crashing on start in some situations.

https://granitedevices.com/w/images/8/81/Simucube_2_True_Drive_2021.4_4.zip

Thx Mika