Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

After updated my sc2 pro (rev 2)…It’s me, in my mind or it feels a liitle bit grainy than 2021.1 ?

servo drive tuning was maybe a bit more smoother than previously in 2021.1 release. However, that tuning change produced more audible noise in some motors and some driving conditions compared to the previous releases. The changes were reverted in 2021.4 release while we investigate.

seems to me that the last stable release is 2020.10, which is the one I’m still using to this day

3 Likes

Wireless wheels are most stable in 2021.4, and also fixes to some possible issues spotted in the ongoing firmware rewrite are only in this release. 2010.10 is not supported anymore.

1 Like

2021.1 had pretty bad graining and some spikes. 2021.4 seems to be better, can’t tell for sure yet if it’s just as smooth as wonderful 2020.10.

2021.4 shows Telemetry consent status Allowed with declined Consent.
Hope it does not send anything.

Driving 2021.4-2 firmware since release and nothing wrong on my side.
First update since 2020.4 that persist more than 3 days installed. Looks good to me.

So it’s probably in my mind.
i will reupload 2021_4 in my servo because saved window position is a very usefull feature. A very good idea from GD to me.

Mika : is it a problem to still use this 2021_1 version with audible noise motor if i prefer ? I have 2 wireless wheels (cubecontrol & ascher) working without any problems on 2021_1 thought.

Still playing the waiting game and using 2020.7 until the online release (official) is out and polished.

3 Likes

Did anyone had an issue after updating to the latest version where TrueDrive opens up and then closes itself automatically ? (@Mika I have sent the logs via E-Mail)
I had this issue before when I tried out the online version. With the 2020.10 it was working fine.

1 Like

Hi,

I replied to the email. It appears that something goes wrong in the PC software with that many profiles. More than 99 profiles are not supported anymore. Instructions to test this are in the email.

Would these things you can’t really talk about be the new recon filter that I was first told about 2 years ago when I purchased my SC2? It’s turned into an iRacing style #soon that one :rofl:

There are various filter additions in development, most likely to be released first for all Ultimate drivers.

2 Likes

Awesome! I won’t ask for a time frame :grinning:

Yup me. So I downgrade to 2020.10

As Mika advised, I downgraded to my latest working one and deleted the profiles from there.
Afterwards I did the upgrade again to 2021.4_3 and all is fine, TrueDrive does not crash anymore.

1 Like

Nice but, can I import my Profiles back after the update ?

Only maximum of 99 profiles are supported. That fact that more than that worked properly before, could have resulted in memory corruption inside the firmware, and now there is a hard limit.

It’s working with no issue even tho I did not exceed 99 profiles or near to it. I delete some profiles now it’s fine. Now I have 30 Profiles.

Would someone please tell me, when I save a profile to Simucube - where is it actually saved to ? Is it a hidden directory on my hard drive ?