Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

It is. UI, online, offline, importing classic profiles, saving, duplicate, describing, editing. Everything from the basic elements/actions are working just fine in my environment.

I’ve seen a problem now where the wheelbase doesn’t work after some kind of standby mode.
I think others have reported this, so I’ll just add my observations:

Playing automobilista 2, alt tabbing to other screens, went back to Automobilista, with true drive on the screen.
Button presses on the Ascher Wireless wheel still work and come through as expected.
no force feedback, no control of the car in game, the picture of the wheel in true drive isn’t turning either.

Tried:
Restarted truedrive paddock, no change, buttons still register in true drive.
Operating Mode shows "Operational - Torque Off due to: Standby Mode.
Re-enable Torque is flashing. clicking that button in true drive does nothing.
Pressing and releasing estop is correctly represented in true drive.

Tried Launching truedrive classic 2021.8, same results.

Tried: Leaving power on, disconnect and reconnect USB cable
Result: TrueDrive shows “waiting for drive to get ready”
(Note I think I might have had estop pressed)

Tried Power cycle
still showed waiting for drive to get ready, however…
This was when I noticed e-stop was pressed I released that and it’s working.

If this comes up again I’ll try the usb disconnect/reconnect, and see if it comes back to life with the estop disengaged (I’d also like to see if the wireless wheel buttons work after a usb disconnect/reconnect)

Update: It timed out after this (as it should, I wasn’t using the wheel base and it wasn’t getting any force signals from the game) the base made it’s usual beep beep sounds. It happened twice and both times I went into True Drive Paddock within say 45 seconds and was able to re-enable force both times.

Update2: It did it again today - this time I did not have a game running in the background.
I observed the base beep a few times and then play the series of beeps indicating that it was powering down, This time I waited quite a bit of time - maybe an hour and then tried to re-enable Torque and it failed.

So it does seem like if you catch it quickly, you can use true drive, but if you wait something else happens and then it requires a power cycle.

@Mika,

True drive Paddock is missing images for a few sims.

Is it something we the community can help source?

Is there a folder+Naming convention we can use to put in our own images?

Thanks!
– Jack

1 Like

I usually have my Simucube 2 pro switched off at the back when I don’t use it.
Since 2021.8 I have to switch it off and on again when launching True Drive to make it work because it gets stuck during initialization.
Is this a known issue?
Can I provide some log files for you @Mika to recreate the issue ?

If it’s the same thing I experienced, then setting a default profile might help.

I have a few updates already for images, and some new ones. Just need to put them in.

I will set up a thread if anyone wants to participate.

would also be possible to order and move the profile tiles in the “my profiles” section? i didn’t quite get the way in which they are ordered, i thought it was alphabetical but it isn’t. by the way, for the moment i only have old profiles that i added via the import function, don’t know if it works different with online added profiles (would be great to order and move also the offline cached profiles)

It will keep the most recently used profiles near the top of the list.

1 Like

Would you like to order them by name or what?

by name would be okay, if a manual order like we have in td classic isn’t possible

also, “set profile as default” is not centered and top and bottom lines are cut, I guess font is too large

yeah, that is a known issue, we have put it up as a task to tidy up that menu.

1 Like

The offline mode is meant to be a fallback option if Internet is not available, so we are not aiming to spend too much time and effort to improve it.

1 Like

Mika that contradict your own statement

That is after going through that unnecessary hoop by creating user profile the user wouldn’t have to bother with online thingy and left alone.

Its actually not a contradiction.

The offline profiles can be used if one prefers to limit the user experience to the one that is available in that mode.

Nobody would “prefer limited user experience” that statement is logically flawed just like some of Musk’s polls.
The promise was that offline users experience will be the same spare access to online features.
Now we will be getting second if not third grade treatment?
Fine, no reason to update from Classical then. :-1:

8 Likes

Yeah classic mode is a lot more user friendly and intuitive

I tried paddock, didn’t like it so went back to 2021.7 which seems stable so far

Only problem I see is if new features come out we’ll be forced to update which I’m not that keen on if we’re not getting a classic mode or proper offline mode

6 Likes

same for me Andrew, I updated to 2021.8 but, if it will be the last release with classic td, it will also be the last update for me, at least untill some major new features will be implemented for filters and such.
it should be clear by now that the number of users not interested in paddock is not small, basically all simucube1/osw guys that upgraded to sc2 - i’m in that category - and also a lot of “newcomers” since 2019 with the first launch of sc2.
paddock could be useful for complete new starters into the dd world, i get it. but forcing a vast number of users to set for something less than what they already had isn’t something i was expecting from granite. and i know mika, even if you will say it isn’t anyhting less than classic, maybe there is a reason why paddock is perceived this way.
i bought the sc2 right after launch, 2nd batch iirc, and i had big hopes for the development on the software side, instead as much as it hurts to say, nothing has been done in a little over 2 years. and now i, or better we, are forced to adapt to the needs of new users, all in the name of semplification, which maybe is not the main reason many of us bought sc2 in the first place.
last thing, i might be wrong but i fear paddock will only be used by new users in a closed circle, without “more experienced” users sharing their profiles, which even in the case it would happen it won’t be the asnwer to the difficulty newcomers have in setting ffb parameters in td. 90% of the profiles i saw in paddock are…bad.

8 Likes

Just my thoughts:

Just refining the “simple mode”, with more granularity in the 2 available slider, would have achieved something easy and simple for all newcomers.

Right now “simple mode” is a joke, each sliders has 4 steps only… Now that time passed, looks like It was a shortcut and a waste of time and resources. Like any other time invested on True Drive ( not too much by the way, only a few patches to cure Bugs and malfunctions).

That Will be the case with the new Paddock software and Firmware 2.0? To me, looks like new software or servo will be ready on the Next 2 years and Paddock Will be abandonware too

5 Likes

Paddock will be our full focus for our current and future products for years to come. It is a part of a larger software rewrite, and not just a feature of a software.

1 Like