iRacing and Simucube 2

Hi, i just installed an simucube 2 pro, and i am using the iracing truedrive profile
TD Overal strength: 100%
Iracing max force: 121nm
Iracing wheel force: 25Nm.

Tried the amg gt3 on bathurst, but car crashes are way to violent
What could i do to make the crashes less strong but still have strong force feedback?

1 Like

You could lower TD Overall Strength and compensate with iracing max force slider.
This lowers the forces which occurs in a crash but you can still have strong ffb while driving

1 Like

thanks willl try that

hi guys, I am having a really great time with the suggested default TD iracing profile, except for the stiffer cars, like Radical, Lotus 79 etc…any suggestion? thanks

I have a SC2pro and on iRacing on the Nurburgring Nordschleife track with the “Porsche 911 GT3 Cup” if I take bumps or crashes the torque returned by the swings is exaggerated compared to the clean ride. Does anyone have a setting or a starting point? Thanks in advance

I can’t help you on what parameters to touch, but try some of these settings:

Sim Racing Garage: Simucube 2 general settings discussion
Beano: https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/450/3646421.page#11661565
@Brandon_Tabone: Simucube 2 general settings discussion

I’ve only been using my SC2 for a week now and I’m using the Sim Racing Garage configuration. But the general strength in SC2 is 50% and then in iRacing for the GTE I have the strength in 50nM. (SC2 Pro version)

5 Likes

thanks for posting this here!

Hi guys, I’ve been using the sc2 pro for a week now and so far everything is perfect. but I would like you guys to give me a little help with the td settings. I’ve been testing the iracing profile provided by the software itself with a few tweaks.

but i am concerned of the following:

sometimes I feel the curbs way too strong and sometimes i just feel them a little (which I like)

I do like to feel the road and feel all the effects and I’ve tried playing with the recon filter a few times. i feel that using lower values makes the wheel feel faster, but it looses that smoothness as compared to using higher values

question is, what can i do to compensate a lower recon filter and gain a little bit of smoothness?

i like fast and light wheels with a little bit of resistance and very minimal curb feel

thank you guys!

1 Like

Curbs in iRacing aren´t all modeled the same way, some of them are feelable some not.
If you want to smooth things then i guess damping filter is the way to go after recon filter

Well the same for the curbs is in real life…

Slew at 0.1- 0.2 will get rid of the hard knocks from curbs.

10 Likes

wow this really helped dial in my settings in the F3, i had the FFB where I felt good but the bumps in some tracks on the F3 was like holding onto a jack hammer. setting this to 0.1 has really really helped get the F3 so much more consistent to what I would feel is correct. Still feel the bumps but its as if I got suspension now and not holding onto a Jack Hammer haha

1 Like

Wow, i put 0.22 for 911Cup it’s amazing now. It’s like feeling suspension work driving on curbs, no wrist cracking anymore. THANK YOU!!!

5 Likes

"Hi, i just installed an simucube 2 pro, and i am using the iracing truedrive profile
TD Overal strength: 100%
Iracing max force: 121nm
Iracing wheel force: 25Nm.

Tried the amg gt3 on bathurst, but car crashes are way to violent
What could i do to make the crashes less strong but still have strong force feedback?"

Sorry this may be late BUT…

Your Specific output is approx .206:1. (25 / 121 = .206)

to minimize crash force you will want to lower your iRacing Max Force but in order to keep the feel the same you also want to retain the same specific output.

The suggestions I make will be for the AMG or cars possibly below that level in telemetry output.

The AMG will generally run up to about 40Nm in telemetry some tracks maybe a bit more must mostly less so you would want to decrease your iRacing Max Force to 40Nm.

Doing this will of course raise the Specific output well above your current .206 so to find out how much power your base should be at you would multiply 40 x .206 which = 8.24Nm this means that to retain your current specific output with a 40Nm max force you will want to lower your SC2 PRO to 8.24Nm or 33%.

If you want your more non car specific settings, which I would suggest using actually though crashes will be harder but not quite like before would be to Set the Max Force at 65Nm and your SC2 PRO @ approx 13.39Nm or 53%.

The 65Nm setting will allow you to run most cars in iRacing without clipping.

1 Like

Just for my sanity check can you tell me if the following two scenarios will yield the same output (similar) in NM

A:

1. TD: 31.4Nm (100%)
  2. iracing: 32Nm
  3. iracing force: 91Nm
    So it should be (31.4/91) = 0.345 x 32 = 11Nm

B:

1. TD: 11Nm
  2. iracing: 11Nm
  3. iracing force: 11Nm
    so it should be (11/11) = 1 x 11 = 11Nm

thanks in advance, trying to figure out which is the best way to approach the same result.

1 Like

A: - you have correctly determined that .345:1 would be your specific output

B: - you didn’t do the calculation for specific output but it would be 1:1 as 11Nm TD and 11Nm max force = 11/11 = 1

To get the same specific output for B: you would take 11Nm and divide it by the specific output of A which would give you 31.88 which is what the Max Force Slider would need to be set at to get the same at the wheel .345:1 with an 11Nm maximum force output.

You need not worry to much about the Wheel Strength setting as that does nothing BUT limit the low end of the Max Force Slider. It just needs to be set @ or higher than your actually wheelbase / True Drive force

1 Like

Oh nooooooooo the mathematicians are at it again!:):grin:

2 Likes

Also remember that if you set iRacing force to 11 Nm you will get clipping. Too get the minimal iRacing force per car, you check the telemetry data and see what is the maximum output that iRacing generates for that car. For The Audi TCR for example it never goes above 35 Nm, so that what would be the minimal value I would use.

That is a little bit the unfortunate thing with the way iRacing does their stuff but if you know them it does make it easier to figure out what is going on or to compare to setups.

Yea 11Nm will clip every car in iRacing… generally as a rule of thumb…

15Nm + is minimal, 20 - 40 for Mid-range Open Wheelers and most GT Cars, 40 - 70 will cover pretty much all other cars. Above 70 and you are leaving headroom for spikes but also additional crash forces as pretty much all of the cars don’t have generally significantly usable telemetry above 70Nm.

One way to find out pretty close to what the car is capable of (Telemetry Wise/ Clipping Limit) without having to go into telemetry is to run the car for a few laps on the track and then click the auto setting in iRacing this will set the Nm for the Car being used on the Track Being driven at about the 95% mark so add about 5Nm to the number given and in most cases you should not get clipping, for that car anywhere … after getting that number though you MAY have to alter your power lever in TD or SC Config to what you want to feel at the wheel.

3 Likes