Assetto Corsa Competizione

Hi gio,

glad, the settings work for you, too :blush:

I just took two races from the official server, 45min and 1h.

engine is very hot.
It is normal?
Or is it that I have some wrong configuration?

Normally this engine laughs at us, and nothing should get hot.

Hey guys. Going down the straights if I let go of the wheel for a second it violently shakes left and right. Any ideas to ease it?? :slight_smile:

Dynamic Damping at 100%.

Hey! That definitely helped thank you. I still have a constant vibration coming through the wheel that is more like a buzz if you have any ideas on that one? Makes my hands numb haha

Sounds like recon filter is too low. Hard to tell without looking at the settings.
These are for SC2 but should translate just fine, except that SC1 does not have Ultra Low Latency filter and scale for effects is different, so 5% would be 0.5.

Hey! I am using clumsy’s settings above but will certainly give yours a go now!! Thank you. It is quite distracting. Total noob with simucube so sure I will get there eventually hehe

Hi,

Just installed the new firmware and ask myself few questions :

DirectInput Effects
Just discover the “active” colum and the different states ; just would like to know about damping setting :
ACC has Dynamic damping (100% in game for me), slider in Simucube DirectInput section reduce or increase the ingame effect ?
Is it usefull to add Simucube Damping effect (Other Filters section) ?

Overall strength
Is there any difference about those settings :

• SImucube Overall strength : 100% - ACC Force Feedback Gain : 25%

• SImucube Overall strength : 50% - ACC Force Feedback Gain : 45%

In another words, is it better to use the total Overall strength of the OSW or not ?

Thanks for advices :wink:

2 Likes

I use 100% sc 1, and 35-40% in ACC.
Ac1 Augury 30nm.

I am wondering about car feel on Suzuka track. Sector 1 feels too smooth like no FFB through the corners and no front tyre scrub feeling. It is weird, all other tracks feel great - it is not any one particular car either. Maybe it is the track and the surface is super smooth. Thoughts?

Using an SC2 Pro.

It’s the track. Suzuka does feel a lot smoother and slippery than any of the other circuits in ACC so you aren’t doing anything wrong at your end :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for that! Suzuka is a great track but i find myself sliding around a lot more - very weird.

I wonder if it is the same irl? I assume they are all laser scanned.

Now that I have the sc2 pro and pedal dialed in - the sim is so much fun. My safety rating sucks so working on fixing that.

1 Like

No worries. I had the same feelings when I first tried Suzuka which had me thinking something might be wrong.

I then came across a YouTube video from David Perel and he said that in his experience, the real life circuit is slightly more slippery than the ACC version!

If you go to the 13:50 mark in the video below you’ll hear his comparisons between game and real world.

https://youtu.be/NvFpVmCOf2M

Now I’m curious to try in the wet! Might be a bit like driving on ice with no snow tyres.

Sorry for the necro.

I have recently gotten hold of a Simucube 1, and I have tried some settings found on here, but I always have this numbness to the FFB like the dynamic damping is taking over too much and muting all the other effects. It probably isn’t that, but that’s the obvious conclusion I can make with my little experience with DD.

The best settings I’ve actually found, is in the SC2 section - here: Assetto Corsa Competizione and Simucube 2

The above is what I’m currently using, anyone here have more recent and good settings for ACC?

But I still feel it could better, and maybe since the last post in here (July 2020) something has changed on either the driver or the game to make it feel worse?

I’m here to learn, so any guidance would be appreciated.

ACC is a bit of a unique tuning challenge, especially if we want to have certain details come through while also maintaining smooth quality ffb. Effects such as tire scrub tend to get filtered out very easily and road bumps tend to produce grainy ffb.

For fine details (tire scrub), set the Recon filter very low and tune ACC Dynamic Damping for a good overall result with proper Self-Aligning-Torque characteristics. I use 5-7% SC1 Friction to control feeling around center and adjust wheel rotation speed using some SC1 Damping as needed.

Best results generally come from striking a good balance between these settings but, ffb is a very subjective aspect that usually requires a good deal of trial and error. Anyway, I hope this is of some use for you.

4 Likes

Increasing Road Effect to 10-15% can add some extra texture to the signal.
We also had some mixed success with utilizing Static Force Reduction as this allowed boosting overall power level thus accentuating low force signal while not making high torque cornering forces too overpowering.
I think in the end I got rid of it as it made FFB feel mushy at times but it’s matter of personal preferences. Not sure if SC1 supports SFR though.

1 Like

What are your current settings?

1 Like

Sorry for another necro here.

After the above message, I haven’t really changed much, but the game has changed a lot since - especially since 1.9 was released a few weeks ago.

Has anyone explored new Simucube Config/Game Controller settings to make it feel better? I set my dynamic damping in-game back to 100% (I set it to 0 to fix the issues with dull effects I mentioned previously), but I can’t help thinking I’m still missing something. Not necessarily just due do the update.

If there’s anyone here with an OSW who thinks their game feels amazing, would you care to share your latest Simucube/ACC settings here?

Thanks in advance.

Has Kunos nerfed Simucube in favour of Fanatec maybe this will help ?