Assetto Corsa Competizione

Let´s start it here…

No way to make it work …I get a steering not working…

After setting it up in the menu , i can see everything regonised but once in game the wheel is like “off”, no force feedback…Nothing.

At this step of the game

The steering wheel get disconected.I have to restart the “box” (augury here with bis encoder)

Increase the gain in the force feedback settings, that turns on FFb.
So far, I think I’m going to give it a rest… the first release is missing too many settings to make it enjoyable to play.
I’ll try it with VR when that’s released in a month.

2 Likes

I copied my AC profile in SimuCube and ran with Gain 20 in ACC. FFB is quite decent. Not as smooth as AC yet but you can do laps and push with it.

2 Likes

Ok i´ve found it out…An option is available to start the session with engine started .

Apparently you can also use the ‘S’ key.

To get ffb in the game i had to set the ffb gain to 45 dough in the ffb option tab and than it worked.
didnt finetune it yet but didnt seem to get too much clipping @ 12A
i think you need less dampening for this game. and use the ingame direct input dampening effect.

but if you enable that you seems to get huge ossilations.
and even without that and normal dampening it oscillates like mad when you let go of the wheel.

ill see if i can make a video with good settings for ACC soon

1 Like

used my rf2 profile it felt better game looks promising feels better than AC

1 Like

Works perfectly for me.

ACC-FFB does seem to be heavily dampened at this point but, perhaps it’s due to increased Gyro effect. I’m sure it will improve in time but, I like the overall direction Kunos is going with it. The sounds are much improved, the visuals are nice but, should be better with a few tweaks. The night and rain add a whole dimension to racing compared to AC. They even managed to improve the drive-train behavior, should be superb with a motion setup.

The physics are still just as bad and dead like the old ac. it feels like a driving a floating brick with no weight transfer.
the road cars in AC felt okey ish but all the gt3 cars in AC they still feel the same in acc.

Also the game is still very fps depended for inputlag

Is that enable gyro function hidden somewhere in a in.i i really need it for my direct drive wheel, like in the old ac but i can’t find it. there are very bad high speed oscillations if you let go of the wheel so there certainly isn’t a increased gyro effect at the moment.

1 Like

Good point about the oscillations (lack of Gyro), I didn’t notice that issue though. I don’t know how ACC FFB file-structure differs from that of AC but, I imagine someone will find out soon.

I’m sure Kunos are focused on fixing bigger issues right now, as well as adding new features. I’m okay with ACC ending up being an evolution of AC but, I do like the way titles such as rF2, AMS and even RaceRoom convey weight-transfer through the wheel.

Hmmm, it seems you guys are all running NASA hardware, no complains about low FPS. In daylight it barely runs decent at High settings. Nighttime my FPS drop like a rock, no way I can play at High settings. Didn’t try the rain, most likely a disaster with my setup.
I have a i5 @ 4Ghz with a GTX 1060 and run all other games super smooth at High or Ultra settings.

So, at the moment I’m not impressed with the Unreal 4 engine. Picture quality in a direct comparison with AC is hardly noticeable better, it’s by no way a giant leap forward or any leap in my opinion.

Car sound is improved and I love the sound of the steel brakes.

Is there a way to adjust FFB while in the car?

1 Like

I forgot to mention, what makes this Blancpain GT series so special?
The sheer number of cars, sometimes more then 50.
Why would I race against 5 or 10 or even 20 cars because my hardware can’t handle any more cars?
Can we really expect this game to be smooth with 50 cars if the Beta already kills a decent graphics card with ONE car on track?

try lowering shadows pp and effects. will improve it. I am on a 1070 on triples at 5760x1200 an i7 8700k 4.8ghz 32gb ram.
not tried night or rain yet but is smoothe no fps drop locked tro 60fps
seems u can not get into the ffb setting when in car have to exit to menu
Waiting on NASA to deliver my 2080ti next week :slight_smile:

Thanks, much appreciated, now I can drive at nighttime :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not button on my wheel, so i´ll would like to set few available options on my keyboard, but it doesn´t work on my side

Any ideas?

The Simucube software reads direct input commands sent from a Sim so we can disable the dampening altogether. Yet when driving it still feels over dampen as a few ppl have pointed out all ready. So with direct input dampening turned off (along with all other simcube filter off as well) I sat in the pits and yawed the wheel back and forth then hit esc while still yawing the wheel so no ffb info was being sent to the wheel.

The wheel felt like it had slightly more inertia when paused than while unpaused so they must be a very small amount of dampening coming from the ffb other than direct input dampening commands, but no way near enough to account for the over dampening some ppl have been reporting.

Edit it might be a slight gain because the first grey sqr in the ffb meter flashes between yaws

Another interesting thing is when you press the brake pedal while yawing the wheel gains a lot more inertia making the wheel over shoot a lot similar to when you drive back wards in AC.

Edit So where ever the dull feeling is coming from it isnt from the direct input dampening commands.

Anyone noticed if they had a profile for Fanatec Podium DD wheels?
Interested to see if they implemented this.

I’m going to sit on the fence with this title at least until the VR release since I am never going back to monitors.

Thinking it’s going to be brutal on hardware requirements - I will have my 2080ti by the time they release VR on the 3rd of October, so if I can’t run max settings with this new card it’s going to be a tough sell for anyone below a 1080. Although, I think Kunos were implementing ray tracing and presumably the new DLSS, which should be interesting to see with the new card.

RT I’m not interested in, especially as it will likely be impossible in VR given how resource intense it is, but the DLSS I’m very excited about as this will be handled by the tensor cores on the new card, which should free up a lot of power for the usual rasterized graphics.

This was always the potential issue with Unreal4.