Wireless Rims for SC2

Oh, nice, thanks! Could you also please share picture how it looks inside buttonplate? under cover. :slight_smile:

Anyone using a wheel from 3DRap if so hows it working out?

1 Like

I went with the ascher racing button plate and omp targa rim. The lack of those joysticks is a bummer but I think the overall package is worth it. Also planning to get the ascher racing formula wheel when its back in stock. Those two wheels should cover my needs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I’m going with the, F1S Simulaje…haven’t read or heard anything really bad about it.

Talk with other users before purchase, dont know if the resonances from F1S are gone with any gadjet

what do you mean…dont know if the resonances from F1S are gone with any gadjet

There was a bit if mechanical resonance present on some wheels after initialisation, before high-Torque was enabled.

The latest FW, V1.07, however, took care of that slight annoyance. I don’t see it anymore on either my Pro or Ultimate…

Best SIM Wheel :wink:

Group buy? anybody…

52 people put up $200euro and get to use it for 1 week out of the year and ship to the next person? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess that would not work. Have to include shipping time. LOL

Ordered Ascher B16M-SC and SC2 Ultimate today

1 Like

WOW…right on bro, what were you using before?

Logitech G920…LoL

LMAO…you’ve made a serious level up…good stuff :grin:

It doesn’t really matter which wheel anyone is coming from, whether belt/gear-driven plastic wheels, or other DD wheels, the step-up to Simucube 2 is rather substantial, in all facets.

Just imho - you guys are going to be exceedingly happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally agree with you I hate that I waited so long before I finally decided to make the purchase

It was either the LB SS2 54 or SC2 Ultimate, price was not in consideration

Hoping for the best, but still interested comparison of these two.

The SC2 wireless option is nice to have hence the Ascher

Even though I cant have clutch pedals with wireless, but nice to try.

I really hope its is everything I read it is and I won’t regret getting a LB SS2 54

You won’t regret going for the Ultimate over the Bodnar SS2. I have made the switch quite a while back to my own special Bogeyman OSW, which performed better than my 2x SS2 54’s, plus, quite a few top-end iRacers have switched from SS2 to SC2 Ultimate and the feedback is unanimous that the SC2 Ult is pretty far ahead.

All those guys got faster due to lower latency and better filter-tuning…and better car-control/feel…all those gen1 wheels are limited by speed/processor capacity…only way to challenge SC2 is to design from the ground up.

At least Bodnar with SS2 is using good enough servo, so he needs new electronics and FW, but even then, SC2 servos are smoother and more efficient than AKM series Bodnar is using. GD tested also those during development and did not deem them sufficient for use in SC2. Other DD wheel suppliers however need to revisit also servos, as both out-runner and steppers are having big challenges wrt ripple-control.

Electronics are not infinitely fast, and one can very clearly induce ripple-torque when steering/counter-steering very fast cw/ccw on road-courses when using Podium and Accuforce.

Perhaps those effects can be minimised, but imho, those servos will never be as smooth as the ones GD and Bodnar is using, to even get close to that point will require significant redesign of electronics, as well as massive efforts on FW development. That will blow cost out of the water, so using those, there are compromises somewhere in the chain.

Rest assured, SC2 is the ONLY Gen2 DD wheel available on the market, and the FW is already on exceptional level. Imagine how things will develop over the course of the next year or 2, until the competition step up to Gen2.

They will most likely be in catchup mode for quite many years, and GD will lead the DD wheel space for many years, as Bodnar has done with the SS2.

Again, just my personal view.

Cheers,
Beano

3 Likes