Wireless Rims for SC2

How does the LCD mount to SC2?

Whit the support.
You can put in the same way to OSW

yeah I don’t have anything, waiting on SC2.

The Simulaje is a decent wheel for the price point. If your only concern is as many features packed into a wheel, it’s great. However, you get what you pay for: 3D printed housings, 3D printed knobs, low-quality buttons and encoders, no magnetic shifters and the “clutch” pedals aren’t actually proper clutch pedals (both pedals are mapped as axis but are missing a potentiometer, hence are only either 0 or 1). It’s full aluminum construction and should be really sturdy. Review from Barry at the Sim Racing Garage is pretty good (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m4f2dkYRSU).

There’s a reason high-quality wheels cost quite a bit more money, a good encoder alone will set you back $7 and a good push-button will set you back $10. Do the math yourself.

That wheel looks surprisingly good, I have to say. There aren’t too many close looks available, but it looks like it’s two aluminum panels separated by a 3D printed housing. I do also doubt the quality of the encoders and push buttons at this price point. Good encoders / push-buttons are definitely not cheap.

Though, the price listed on the website is probably pre-tax, isn’t it? That was at least usually my experience buying anything from Spain.

do you own an OSP wheel? if so how does it feels? it’s one of my options for a round wheel, but in case I would just get the plate and then mount a different rim

Also Bolori used to make good wheels, but it seems he closed his business although its website is still active

Hi mate!
The buttons are NKK (this is explain in YouTube videos of OSP)
The price in the website is included VAT

Regards

1 Like

I’m owner to lcd screen and car emblems (not bottom plate)

Just I said, the quality of this products are excellent

Here have another opinion in English

1 Like

I got the same screen , can confirm it’s top quality.
also, OSP wheel plates are the demonstration that a quality product doens’t need to cost 1k.
last thing about that discussion : you can make the exact replica of a racing wheel, or even better using top of the line materials and components, but when you charge over 500 euro on the production price, the whole product became just a showroom toy for rich people. and don’t tell me it adds any “realism” and “immersion” to the experience.

1 Like

NKKs are decent buttons. The rims sound even more like a pretty good deal.

I have the SRC GT1, which I bought as a temporary rim until the Martin Ascher F64-USB is finally released.

I never claimed you need to charge thousands of euros for a good quality wheel, simply that a high-end wheel rim will cost you 1000€ or more. Carbon fiber isn’t cheap. Good encoders aren’t cheap. Production isn’t cheap. Wheel rims like the Turn Racing or SSRG are fully hand made and I’d reckon a large part of the cost simply goes into labor. There are also expensive wheel rims which are purely expensive for no reason (Cube Controls, for example).

Nobody is forcing you to buy them but trying to devalue their work is not particularly nice. I’m totally fine with paying a little more for a quality wheel rim which will serve me many years.

1 Like

I’m not devalueting anybody’s job, far from it. I’m just saying my point of view, can I?

1 Like

When I see the amount of tools that are required to build a top quality rim, like those from Turn Racing for example, it makes me appreciate just how much goes into the whole process.

I watched this video, released today. It gives a great insight into what it takes to produce these beautiful rims that many of us lust after.

https://youtu.be/1A8YrTL5OJo

1 Like

Well said, ya know I wish everyone would tell which wheel they have and how it’s working out.

What makes you say Cube Controls charge high prices for no reason?

Hi Airmikey I have a Martin Ascher button plate cm26 which is the earlier version than his latest range of wheels with 28 inputs …and was not cheap 520 euro and the quality is the BEST… As @Leandros says quality is not cheap …In the 2 years I have had the wheel NEVER a missed shift or button press… regards denis.:grinning:

1 Like

Friend of mine had it. Button caps came off after a few days. Stickers weren’t on correctly. Everything was plastic. Decent wheel for maybe 500 bucks, but not 1000 bucks. Quality didn’t deliver for the price.

That’s very interesting to know. Thank you for the information.

1 Like

I’ll make a wireless rim myself. I have already made one wired and works perfectly.

4 Likes