Wireless Rims for SC2

WOW…right on bro, what were you using before?

Logitech G920…LoL

LMAO…you’ve made a serious level up…good stuff :grin:

It doesn’t really matter which wheel anyone is coming from, whether belt/gear-driven plastic wheels, or other DD wheels, the step-up to Simucube 2 is rather substantial, in all facets.

Just imho - you guys are going to be exceedingly happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally agree with you I hate that I waited so long before I finally decided to make the purchase

It was either the LB SS2 54 or SC2 Ultimate, price was not in consideration

Hoping for the best, but still interested comparison of these two.

The SC2 wireless option is nice to have hence the Ascher

Even though I cant have clutch pedals with wireless, but nice to try.

I really hope its is everything I read it is and I won’t regret getting a LB SS2 54

You won’t regret going for the Ultimate over the Bodnar SS2. I have made the switch quite a while back to my own special Bogeyman OSW, which performed better than my 2x SS2 54’s, plus, quite a few top-end iRacers have switched from SS2 to SC2 Ultimate and the feedback is unanimous that the SC2 Ult is pretty far ahead.

All those guys got faster due to lower latency and better filter-tuning…and better car-control/feel…all those gen1 wheels are limited by speed/processor capacity…only way to challenge SC2 is to design from the ground up.

At least Bodnar with SS2 is using good enough servo, so he needs new electronics and FW, but even then, SC2 servos are smoother and more efficient than AKM series Bodnar is using. GD tested also those during development and did not deem them sufficient for use in SC2. Other DD wheel suppliers however need to revisit also servos, as both out-runner and steppers are having big challenges wrt ripple-control.

Electronics are not infinitely fast, and one can very clearly induce ripple-torque when steering/counter-steering very fast cw/ccw on road-courses when using Podium and Accuforce.

Perhaps those effects can be minimised, but imho, those servos will never be as smooth as the ones GD and Bodnar is using, to even get close to that point will require significant redesign of electronics, as well as massive efforts on FW development. That will blow cost out of the water, so using those, there are compromises somewhere in the chain.

Rest assured, SC2 is the ONLY Gen2 DD wheel available on the market, and the FW is already on exceptional level. Imagine how things will develop over the course of the next year or 2, until the competition step up to Gen2.

They will most likely be in catchup mode for quite many years, and GD will lead the DD wheel space for many years, as Bodnar has done with the SS2.

Again, just my personal view.

Cheers,
Beano

3 Likes

@airmikey, if you asked me on sc2 discussion topic, here it is. I ordered wheel same time as sc2 pro Simgear from Finland. So it is custom made. Connection stays 100% all the time. But on rallying I maybe want all round wheel not d-shape,so maybe in future buy another. That Motamec wheel is super sturdy, allthough I think that button box is 3d printed,it feels solid and has magnetic paddles. I’am happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

here is what is waiting for my SC2 Pro (Batch 3)

Simon

2 Likes

Nice thread, cheers!

I will share a few of mine during the next few days :wink:

2 Likes

I’m curious about you setup, you could share a picture of it. :slight_smile:

Mine?

If so, here is a bit older photo.

5 Likes

Precision Sim Engineering now has a Wireless wheel too, check it out if you want to drool…

My wireless Router is going to be about 3 feet SC2U, should I be concerned with interference ? Will be using the Ascher button plate.

What frequency does it run on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?, I use both at home and have two wireless routers upstairs and downstairs, both running as APs connected to a third router (no wireless).

Yes, is previous to wireless SC2.
The Bluetooth is between the wheel and the PC.

The system of SC2 wireless is different

Regards

why do you think could be problems to the connection??

In simracegarage (YouTube Chanel) Barry said that the connection between bottom plate and SC2 is very good all the time…

yeah - concern is my router being so close, which can cause interference

Awesome, like so clean

Gosh I was gonna buy the F1S Simulaje wheel but they won’t even respond to my email…and the shopping continues…

But F1S Simulaje is not wireless.