The RaceRoom thread

I really like the feel of Simucube in R3E, I am not sure why you all are so disappointed.
I did began driving some iRacing, and when coming back to R3E, the force feedback is so much better with my settings. iRacing felt dead compared to R3E.

What is it that is so wrong in R3E?

My only complaint with RR has been the lack of surface detail but, Sector3 are in the process of addressing that issue. I’ve been quite happy with the FFB for the most part as it offers plenty of range for customization. Some don’t like the unusual FFB setting scheme but, it’s really pretty simple once you break it down to the fundamental effects vs extra’s.

1 Like

It would appear, that Raceroom does not support as many digital button inputs on the controller as other games. Can someone confirm, that the limit is 32 buttons?

On Simucube 1, the wireless wheel buttons start at button 33, so we may have to implement a compatibility mode for this.

Yes Mika, the last I heard it was still at a 32 button limit and caused problems for those with Fanatec rims in a similar way:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/fanatec-mclaren-gt3-cant-map-toggle-switches.12954/

Hi all, tried a lot of different settings, but still I can’t get a decent ffb for raceroom, it lacks on weight transfer and mid corner feeling. Also, wheel is too much “gummy” and has a lot of rubber band effect on it, especially on corner exit. Anybody got some ffb settings for osw small mige?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d4fNTnifVud2H8UGaTw0fb_ZDgxmmsCY/view?usp=drivesdk

2 Likes

ok, no offence, but those are by far the worst settings I’ve tried so far…

Here are my recent settings. I have to check as I may have made some minor tweaks but, give these a try.

The rest of the settings in RR-ffb are even more about personal preference so, I didn’t a include a screen-shot of those.

2 Likes

can you detail and explain

it feels too weak, no details on lateral grip whatsoever when turning, it just feels void…sorry mate

1 Like

can you share your settings

ouch ! the clipping on y small mige

settings of what? simucube , granity?

I should have mentioned that I used the AccuForce preset as a base to make my custom controller profile. I don’t have any clipping issues with that profile & settings. You may need to reduce your strength settings in RR until you stay below the clipping line.

This settings
Look only simucube

Vertical Forces in RaceRoom represent the bump effects / Lateral Forces are for SAT and stronger cornering forces. Achieving a good balance between these two settings are the most important effects to get right in RR (Aside from overall force strength). Everything else is for adding a bit more detail.

1 Like

I have equipped myself with the Simucube transmitter and the Ascher hub for wireless. On rF2 and Assetto, no problem.

But on RaceRoom, with the profile system, it doesn’t work.

It remains locked on the last used steering wheel and does not recognize the hub’s specific functions (gearshift levers, limiter, headlights etc…)

Does anyone have the same problem, or a solution?

Thank you.

Ps: I can still play with the other wheels.

Try by deleting (or move to different location in case you want to keep them) the profiles in:
C:\Users\XXX\Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

and deleting device_statistics.xml in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData

You should be able to start from scratch then.

Thank you for such a quick answer! :+1:

Raceroom recognizes only 32 buttons and the wireless wheel buttons start at 32 on Simucube 1 - the first buttons are from the X12 connectors. I will be adding an option to switch this.