Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

I didn’t need the F64 right away, its my fifth wheel in 2 months but it was in stock so I pulled the trigger

1 Like

Hmm, I think I buy a shifter instead then.
Maybe a clean buttonless solution would be nice after all on the steering wheel. :slight_smile:

Damn, shifters was expensive too. :rofl:
https://www.pro-sim.co.uk/shop/h-pattern-shifter/#tab-description

1 Like

Buy a Fanatec rim for $135 or $150 or whatever they are now (they used to be $100 before Fanatec increased the price of all it’s products) and you’re done. If you need buttons too, then I don’t know of a rim and buttons combo for $200 or less besides possibly this Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

Looks like the F-28 is in stock at simracing bay.

1 Like

Thanks Stuart!
I will check it out, I am just currently in a hard-decision-period. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got my Simulaje F1S this morning… And I already made an ass of myself :upside_down_face:

I heard a very unnerving rattling noise coming from inside the wheel, and I emailed Augury right away to signal it. It appears it was the spare washers left inside on the metal stand you have to unscrew in order to attach the QR on the wheel…

#imamuppet

I should have watched Barry Roland’s review another time :shushing_face:

(this wheel is beautiful, btw, and really heavy compared to TM or even Fanatec’s)

Nothing better

6 Likes

More pictures please! :open_mouth:

1 Like

My cousin and I both thought we had the same problem as you and emailed augury as well only to find out it was the washers so don’t feel bad. I imagine people email them a lot about it.

1 Like

5 Likes

Ditto- I bought the F28-SC a few weeks ago, and he told me end of the year for the wireless button boxes. As long as I don’t have any concerns with my F28 wireless, I’ll order a button box for one of my own steering wheels.

PS - Martin was very nice to email a template for each of the 2 available model wireless button boxes, so I can see what would fit best on my wheel. Since it’s a 70mm mount, when you print it out, you may need to blow it up (or down) a little to get actual size by measuring the mount size on the printout or copy.

2 Likes

JonnieV, that’s a fine looking wheel. If it functions as well as it looks you must be a happy racer. Simple but elegant. That’s an apt description. Race on.

Arc

1 Like

I pulled to trigger and ordered the F28-SC from Simracingbay. I need to have the F28-SC as a reserve if my Fanatec BMW steering wheel breaks. :smile:

Thank you @Stuart_Clark , and I hate you @Cyberbug for having such a nice rig. Especially of having that shifter! It makes my rig and evertyhing feel like budget and low-quality. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::wink:

1 Like

No problem, happy racing!

It’s definitely worth it. The plethora of buttons allows you to map virtually everything, which is nice.

1 Like

It is too late already, my F28 is on the airplane from Slovenia now. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it.

1 Like

I bought the F28SC since I actually am building a button box, and in the future will mostly be using a stick shift. So I won’t need paddles much of the time and will mostly be using the button box with a plain steering wheel. I’ll use the F28 for Formula cars or when best time is of utmost importance to me. May buy a wireless button box also at some point when Martin Ascher has them available again for use on my own plain wheel(s). F28 or my own plain wheel(s) will probably be it for me in the future.

1 Like

Just wanted to share our latest Penguin r/c Creation which is a USB wheel so it can be used fine with the SC1 or 2…

It is designed for the MOMO MOD.27 270 or 290 and 270 open top or MOD.31 series wheels. The G10 version is $299.99 the Graphite is $424.99 without the wheel itself… (other wheels may work with it)…

We do have a couple of SC Wireless Modules that we will be playing with to see if we can come up with something nice, unfortunately this wheel would not be able to work with the wireless due to the CommonCoder .

Anyway take a look.

http://www.penguinrc.com/penguinrc_simulation/usb_steering_wheel_boxes.html

Graphite

G10

3 Likes