Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

Hi Richard,

Yes Sam is officially closing down September 1 due to health issues.
At this time he will not be doing anymore Sim stuff.

Hopefully they can fix him and he can come back and play with us later. :blush:

Hi Joe,

So sorry to hear that. I was going to talk to Sam about one of his wheels. I’ll send him a get well note on his web site. He builds some great wheels.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes it sucks!
Sam is a great guy. I am proud to be able to call him a friend!!

Hopefully they can figure out a way to deal with his intense pain.

Talk later,
Joe

Does anyone know were i can get high quality decals/stickers too use on DIY projects?

Here are som emblems and decals : https://onesimpro.com/

1 Like

Just wanted to share a very nice wheel for a great deal of money. As a daily drive or if you can´t decide what wheel to get ATM but you want one now or you want a GT wheel if you drive them not so often, backup rim etc. I am using it as a daily drive.

I am following a Canadian streamer on Twitch and he is making a good rim for 185$! You can find him here, very nice guy: https://www.twitch.tv/balkan3d (he streams often so you can ask questions in the chat)
Magnetic shifters, bodnar Electronics, rotary and suede grips, 300mm diameter.

I am in VR so dont need fancy LED, carbon and stuff and the buttons are well placed and easy to find when in VR. There was ZERO flex whatsoever and feels great overall. I was usung a USB-converted TM 599XX until now and it was flexing like a mother.

So got it yesterday with two adapters(not included in the price), 50mm and 75mm. NOTE: Adapters was my own request and we dont know if they hold up coz they are in plastic. But sofar no issues at all. I will try them out more and see how they hold up.

I have it on my SC1 but will of course work on SC2 etc. 70mm bolt pattern.

5 Likes

Nice! How does the cord attach to the wheel? His photos don’t show any cord interface on the back. Is it hard wired (non-removable)?

I also love his custom rig. That C-beam is a great idea.

1 Like

Chord is jammed into main base of the rim for now. I will have a connector style attachment for next version of the rims as most custom rims have these days. The threaded aviation connector.

1 Like

Using a Fanatec universal hub with a Sport Line Racing Competition 300mm wheel.
I could not wait for the improved QR and had to order an adapter from Martin Ascher.

4 Likes

Very nice wheels here :smiley:

Sold my large MiGe couple days ago, new SC2 is comming monday.
BTW, Tomo from SimRacingBay is awesome :smiley:

1 Like

Currently working on an AMR GTE wheel, sitting there with (some) of his friends :star_struck:

5 Likes

I was also planning to do something with the f10a, as far as I know this is the first customized f10 used for simracing. Very nice.

Could not find it on FiTech site though, you have any more pictures ?

There was another guy @virtualracing.org forums that did a project with the sparco f10a, don`t know how far he came or if it was even completed
https://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/91186-Add-On-Lenkräder-Sammelthread?p=2476653&viewfull=1#post2476653

Here are som pics:

Summary

2 Likes

Thanks for the pictures !
Can’t wait to order mine and start designing.
But not looking forward to drilling in the wheel plate… :sweat_smile:

Wow no response …so I have to think …not good.

I was busy. The wheel is absolutely terrific. Worth every penny.

1 Like

Second wheel.

5 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

What OMP wheel is that?