Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

That looks almost like the wheel from simtechracing.

I do regret not buying the 320 wheel from there, I think I will do if he remakes the will, or make even something better. :slight_smile:

Looks good!

Any possibility that Penguin will offer magnetic shifters soon?

I’m using a F28SC also that I bought with my SC2 Pro from Tomo @ SRB and glad I went with it.

IMO the F28SC is the ‘signature’ wheel for 2019 SC2 release And is the one that is the best fit.

1 Like

We are looking into possible options for that we may do something hybrid for better overall feel.

The shifters we do have are WAY more responsive than the typical spring based shifter and MUCH more firm in actuation due to the design so they really cannot be compared to 99% of the spring based shifters out there which are extremely slow to respond (require lots of throw) and have very weak spring tensions. So responsiveness is as quick as a magnetic shifter which relies on the digressive strike to actuate, as opposed to the spring paddles progressive positioning.

Difference of course is the feel where a magnetic shifter gives a distinct click and the spring shifter is a quite fluid action.

We are also looking in to an analog clutch but are actually finding that when working on the electronics MOST Hall based units are very low resolution since HALL sensors tend to be bidirectional and very dependent on the strength of the magnetic fields By way of the bidirectionally the HALL in its base form is halving the input resolution so the ADC has 1024 steps it only uses 512 and then depending on the magnetic field we have found that it drops to about 102 actual steps given the throw of most devices (even though we can make windows see the final result as 1024). So… we are looking for alternative options and/or ways to increase the magnetic field deviation to extract more resolution from a HALL sensor.

Just to let you know Penguins shifters feel really nice.

1 Like

This is the official Lambo Super Trofeo Wheel:

I dont like it that much.
So i decided to build my own version, with some Italian flair:

With all kinds of high quality components, this time finished with anodised aluminium encoder knobs and hat switch from SSRG.

Link to more pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/29ii204i6/

After I made this, an Italian asked me if I could make one for him, in all black, how ironic :smiley:
But customer is king, so:

7 Likes

I’m building one just like this for personal use but with added wireless functions.
Where is everyone getting their buttons etc from?

https://www.leobodnar.com/shop/

1 Like

So got the SC2 Pro the other day and used the nice SC2 Quick release included. Had no issues and did not need to buy/fabricate anything. 100% Bolt-on.
(and yes, its rust on the homemade pedal stand) :wink:

6 Likes

And the third AMR wheel is a fact :smiley: :

7 Likes

Fanatec BMW GT2 rim
It’s nothing special but it is a solid solution to handle the SC2. Conversation from SRM was flawless.

6 Likes

Brothers from another mother :it:

Which one do you like more?

12 Likes

Both Wheels looking very sexy, only the colours i would change (for me)

Depends on which one you are sending me :smiley:

1 Like

5 Likes

Not a steering wheel but this mounts up nicely on a Simucube 2, Precision Sim Engineering’s DDU (Data Display Unit) :

8 Likes

The left one for sure

1 Like

Ruh oh Simon has a better toy than Beano!!

1 Like

:laughing: Beano is one of those Video Hat guys though :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Lols…I am researching go-fast stuff for my Moostang though, need to get back into building sim-stuff again, haha…

Nice bits there, SiPo!