SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Phil is in. Any further testers would need to have F1 2017 and also Raceroom. Unfortunately, I can’t test Raceroom myself until late next week when I’m next available at home or in the office.

I would appreciate first setting SimuCUBE log verbosity to the FFB effect creation/deletion via the advanced tab.
Then I would like posting that debug log after starting Raceroom, going in car, exiting car, and shutting down the game. Both with 0.9.8 and with 0.9.9.

It would be fantastic, if someone could do this.

1 Like

i have both games, i will try to do what you say.

1 Like

after starting Raceroom

going in car

just after exit to game menu

reentering track again

hope this help , as i have no clue about what im doing…

Very interesting. It does not start all the same effects at the end, in the end of the “re-entering game again.txt” log. Also it creates an effect type of 102, the same as the device gain value. It almost looks like it goes wrong there…

don’t have F1 or raceroom

From RF2

RF201.txt (2.8 KB)

your log does not have any ffb effect stuff. Did you set the logging verbosity to effects before doing rf2 things? Does rf2 work correctly?

Ok…Is it the first choice in the list ?

choose the second one in the list

1 Like

rF2 is the only SIM i know that use Directinput dampig in a active way, rest of games i thik use it when car is stacionary or they do not use DI damping at all.

and with 0.9.9 rF2 feels better now, smooth i guess with the improved damping that was introduced in 0.9.8.

Dirt rally also feels better than in 0.9.7 …, is friction different now too??

i think im a lucky guy with my motherboard and its USB or with the values my OSW kit come from
i guess Jesus from Augury did a good job, as i have never had any ingame disconection problem , i have never had to push e-stop button or whatever.

even F1 2017 works fine on my sistem, with 0.99, with 0.97 … no matter if i have vsync on or off, with triple or single screen , windomed or fullscreen… it just works…

the only problem i had a couple or 3 times was with 0.9.8, if i leave the simucube on for some days, sometimes it was disconected , i guess due to the turn on and off of the computer , or the resets.

powercycle of the simucube solve it , but i went back to 0.9.7

is a pity that Raceroom bug Mika as you guys are doing a terrific work.

Yed, the friction effect is now also low pass filtered, and the damping filter frequency has been changed slightly.

1 Like

This was the main issue that the usb stack reset code should have corrected in 0.9.8 (compared to 0.9.7). Unfortunately, it caused disconnections also when driving for some people. So you definitively shouldn’t have seen this same bug in 0.9.8.

Are you sure that the SimuCUBE was still visible in game controllers screen as the Configuration Tool showed “Disconnected”? If SimuCUBE was totally gone from game controllers, then this could be another bug that needs further investigation.

Is it ok now ?
RF202.txt (25.5 KB)

sorry but i did not check that when it happened.

if you know any workaround i can do to replicate it i can instal 0.9.8. again.

Looks sensible to me. Does something go wrong? We are only concerned about Raceroom as far as I know.

So far so good with Pcars2. Ill get some more testing in later with Assetto Corsa. Big mige with biss in case it matters.

On my brand new PC/OS install, my desktop will sometimes become slow to initially respond during initial movement of windows, typing, etc. This also happens in my BIOS, each screen in the BIOS will take a long time to load and the mouse movements will stutter around, freeze and go, freeze and go especially whenever the mouse scrolls over each setting in the BIOS.

I tried many different experiments and it turns out that as soon as I unplug my OSW usb cable, the problem goes away; the mouse and BIOS screens will respond immediately (ie. normally). I can even plug the usb back in and the problem will immediately reoccur and as soon as I disconnect it, the problem goes away.

There seems to be some sort of USB issue that only happens with my OSW…

RF203.txt (21.8 KB)

It is a known issue i think. It doesn’t happen to all since it is somehow also related to the motherboard being used. But better waiti for an official reply

Please tell which motherboard and which USB port on that motherboard you have connected the SimuCUBE to.