SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

I would love to test the new fw version wh3n i am back from the nurburgring 24h

Got a couple hours in Assetto Corsa today and no issues with the new update. Actually its never felt better. Ill try and get some time in with R3e if I can.

1 Like

It’s an MSI Z370 Pro w/ an 8700k.

The problem happens on all ports: 5 at the back and 4 at the front.

I have upgraded the IONI firmware (I never before realized this doesn’t get upgraded during the Simucube update process) to the most recent version but the issue remains.

Ok, thanks.

IONI firmware does get updated to the tried and tested version when you update the SimuCUBE firmware. For next SimuCUBE firmware release, I will include the latest stable IONI firmware.

If some people have usb problems is there a brand for a usb-card that does not have this problems? I ask this because I run out of usb ports and want to buy a intern usb card.
I know that this is not the solution but …

is usb2 better for OSW as usb3?
BTW I have 0.98 and have usb disconnects a windows sound comes up and I lost connection
After powerup OSW again the game runs only at 10Fps thus unplayable.
(Z97 chipset + 4790K)

Are there less USB disconnects with the 0.9.7? The disconnect is a known issue, only on the 0.9.8 as far as I know.

Which game goes to 10fps? We have not experienced similar behavior on my own rig nor in the office.

Also, USB3 is 100% backwards compatible with USB2, and the SimuCUBE will always work in USB2 mode. However, there are some Asmedia USB chipsets that have lots of issues, not limited to SimuCUBE.

The game is rFactor2 and with firmware 0.97 I had no disconnects only with 0.98
and the mouse also with 0.98 in menu’s in game its stuttering ( not always) or cannot click the menu item
when I move over other menu items and go back to the one that doesn’t work then I can click it again.
Ausus Hero VII Z97 chipset 16GB memory nvidia GTX970 4790K @ stock speed

Please downgrade to 0.9.7 if that does not cause this issue for you.

I have tried all types of wheel systems and OSW is the by far the best, apart from one other company in the US that makes its own but not open and very low volume. That being said, we converted all our systems to OSW after some electrical hazards with other systems we’ve been using for years. Other brands just don’t compare, IMO. Maybe to bring down the price of an OSW wheel you could simply run a smaller motor with a mechanical rotation lock. Getting racing software companies to adopt OSW also would be great and it would be easy for them to modify the open code to their specifications and algorithms.

1 Like

Mika,

I know its difficult to get the bugs out with so many user systems with all different hardware.
Example: I had problems with 0.98 but after your answer that you said that Asmedia usb chipset
could have problems.
I was thinking I had a extern 4 ports usb sitcom cn034 to power my handbrake and shifter from
Heusinkveld + bluetooth adapter 4.0, Wich chipset has this hub? I could’t find it with google but I disconnect it
And so far the problems where gone with 0.98 after 4 hours of testing

1 Like

There’s a bunch of these USB cards, but most of them are garbage - they will have 4-7 USB 3.0 ports, but the catch is that the card only has one USB controller, which all ports have to share.

If you can swing it, buy the Startech card (link attached) as it has 4 USB ports, it uses proper PCIe (I use the 4x slot - not those small little 1x slots), but the main thing is that it has 4 separate USB controllers for each port, so you will never have issues with USB.

It’s been one of the best purchases I have made - I got for VR.

3 Likes

Ok it’s clear that you need High quality products
But on the other hand when the problems are gone
Its word the money.
And I use VR to could it be a bandwite issue ?

if it can help I can do some tests on 0.9.9 for:
RaceRoom
dirt rally

i do not speak english and i use google translate

Mika,
I got r3e working last night and after a few hours I had no problems. It actually feels better then it ever had with my old wheels. Now they just need to fix r3e so the fbb doesn’t disappear after every adjustment. lol

Is not a question of them , there are not disconections with 0.97 nor 0.98 (no friction) they start in 0.99.

Yeah, racerroom feels awesome good with simucube once is properly configured.

so only 0.9.9 has disconnections for you?

Where you talking to me? If so the osw wheels aren’t the only wheels that drop the ffb any time you change a setting that has anything to do with the ffb in game. It started after the update last week. I think it is two separate problems. But I haven’t had any disconnects in the games.

Hello!
yes , 0.9.7 and 0.98 do not disconect after pausing the game and/or going to garage.

I checked that on last friday, i will reinstall 0.9.7 right now and doublecheck again.

Yes, im going to check again with 0.97 and look for those disconections.