Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Did you upgrade to 2021.8 and then you had this problem?

If so, try downgrading back to what you were using beforehand to see if that makes any difference.

I have a doubt about TD. Perhaps it’s a silly question but…

Does TD need to be open full time while your are driving? or it’s not mandatory? Maybe cos the high torque activation in case it’s not configure by default? In theory the profile is already uploaded and i guess it will be running in SC. Or am i wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings.

I personally keep TD open but minimised in the task bar. I know all of my profiles are on the device as I’m still using a pre Paddock version of TD.

None of that really helps you though as we are using such different versions.

Perhaps some of the fellow Paddock users can chime in with some accurate answers for you.

I upgraded to 2021.8 last year it crashed a few times in same times and i was not able to run. I got busy ans just got back and same issue. Did not even run a single lap.

Why cant we have a stable version, i dont need to constantly figure out the software and version

I dont need fancy features i just need it to work.

I read somewhere 2021.9 is stable, i will try that when i get time next time

Takes all the fun out of sim racing

1 Like

2021.8 had an issue where the window position restore caused a blank white screen with crash on some configurations. As it is a software framework issue, we disabled that for 2021.9 and up.

Very good point. There should be some indication of release stability if removing buggy release is not an option.
2020.10 and 2021.9 are the two more or less trouble free.

1 Like

Once you have done the settings you can fully close TD. Fully means not minimized, not to taskbar but really “exit/close”. It doesn’t have to run all the time

From their perspective it’s always a stable version, to the best knowledge Granite has at the time of release. How stupid would it be to release a new version and, as the one developed it, describe it as buggy, unstable, true crab, blue screen guaranteed, we fucked it up again…or: we gave our best and are convinced it’s an improvement.
That goes without saying

I windor if I can go back to 2020.10, i remember it was stable and no issues

There are different people, those who install new version even if they don’t need to, those who are curious if new version brings something new, and some look at the change log and decide if it’s worth the possible hassle.

2 Likes

Im on 2021.9 coming from 2020.4 and all is good, old TD running as alwais

I’m reading all your comments about TD and you talk about crashes with old TD versions.
I don’t know old versions but i installed the last one few days ago when i bought the SC2 Pro and everything works fine. I have no crashes and i drive all sims on the earth :smile:
Why don’t you update your old versions? not compatible or something? I guess the last version has fixed those errors you mentioned.

Greetings.

2 Likes

F.Y.I:
Since 2021.10 or more, if running older versions, you need to backup all profiles before Paddock update.
Some of us are running SC2 bases since 2019, so profiles are stored since then.
Some of us doesnt need Paddock because more than 2 years with old trusty TD are enough to know all the quirks and perks of our loved SC2

Maybe, only maybe I Will install new firmware if something really new is added. This is not since the issue with Wireless wheels loosing connection midplay, since then nothing new but Paddock for newbies

3 Likes

OK. Understood.

I’m newbie in TD so i don’t know old versions and i cannot compare both versions. Paddock has a very intuitive and friendly interface. I guess that it’s made for people to make it easy the learning. I’m testing advanced options but it’s no so easy to fine-tune the wheel :smile: I try to balance between sim options and TD options.I don’t understand some TD option parts yet. Step by step. The default setup with 900º, normal y adjusting just a little the overall strength works very well. The feeling is great in all sims. Even the feeling in RaceRoom is much much better. RRE was dead for me since the last time the made some changes that made worse the FFB in TS-PC. All good sensations from its fantastic FFB suddenly disappeared. From 10 to 0. In that way. I couldn’t believe it but they did. In RF2 maybe the SC2 FFB is…i don’t how to describe it, too rude, too much. I’m trying to make it softer.

Greetings.

1 Like

Try Advanced if you want, It is where Magic begins.
Take into consideration that all users did that before Paddock was a thing

Although I never use online profiles (they are too different for the very same simulation and, as a Sport owner, don’t offer many anyways) I update firmware if available. I consider these updates as improvements and or fixes. Granite wouldn’t provide it if it was a step back. I don’t have wireless wheels. So connection issues is something I don’t have to worry about

Are usb wheels better option to wireless wheels? I have a Tahko GT21 and wireless works perfect.I’m very happy with it. I’d like to buy other wheel, Cubecontrol ,Ascher, Innato…i drive in many categories. Some of them are made with a usb cable and i’m not sure if it will be a good experience to have a cable moving everytime you turn the wheel. I’m afraid of the cable breaks, especially for drifting or similar, or the cable disturbs me to turn the wheel quickly.
Greetings.

It is O.T. but It depends on the the car and degrees of rotation for that car.
Imo more than 540⁰ with a wired wheel is not recomended

@Mika Not sure if this is the right place for a feature suggestion, but here goes…

Would it be possible to have a wheel center position memory based on the wheel rim attached? In the case of wireless rims you could detect the rim and apply the wheel center automatically. For USB rims, a dropdown in the wheel rim tab would get the job done.

Maybe I’m just not skilled enough when installing my wheel side QR, but all my rims have a slightly different center despite my best efforts :smile: It’s a pain to have to reset center every time I switch rims.

Hello,
I can not find the topical where it is mentioned the next to return on an old glass of true drive .
My first version was the 2020.10 which was very good, I switched to the 2021.09 and now the 2021.12 but these last 2 versions brought me too many very unpleasant grains in the direction, the only way to eliminate these grains is to pass the reconstitution filter on 9 and there the driving becomes not possible.
Thank you in advance for giving the solution to return on an old version.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)