Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

did you notice that there is no “-” flag in the parameter as you showed in your post?

Thanks @Mika, maybe i should calm down and read correctly before rage posting…
Sorry for that. I’m wasting time with updates and upgrades since about 3 hours and i just wanted to jump in the sim and try out the new porsche…

Now it works.

2 Likes

Mika, I know this is minor but will the next release have images for all sims?

We are adding them to the web application, no need to update True Drive. Its just needs to find a good point in time to put that update into the pipeline for deployment while also having all other new stuff in the web application tested and good to go.

Great! Do you have all the images you need? If not let me know which ones are missing and I’ll work up some tonight.

I do not have that information right now, as most of the files are at the office.

Currently missing logos for:
beamng.drive, city car driving, codemasters colin mcrae/dirt (before dirt rally), copa petrobras de marcas, dakar 18, drift21, f1 2021, flat out, forza motorsport, g-rally, game stock car extreme, gravel, grid autosport, gt legends, gtr1/2, kart racing pro, kartkraft, lfs, nascar heat series, nascar 3/4/2002/2003, nfs, race07, rally trophy, rbr, sebastian loeb rally, spintires/mudrunner, test drive, trackmania, v-rally, wrc5-10, wreckfest

excluding some suggested logos in the thread here:

and the files i have ready at the office. But I do not remember exact state of the files at at the office so I guess all of them need work…

Hi Mika, please see your PM - I sent you a link…

I grabbed about 30 images, most of your list.
Some are smaller than ideal, but are likely better than nothing.

I thought it might also be nice to have a placeholder image, so I grabbed a transparent PNG of the Simucube Helmet logo with the word Simucube and put that in the folder as well.
Note that since it’s transparent with black text, you’d need to give it a background color.
If you’d like the background baked in, let me know and I can pick a neutral color and remove the transparency.

Set from SimHub https://www.mediafire.com/file/fweo3oamzyj5x75/Logos.zip/file

I guess I have had some wasted hours with unnecessary stuff also, but you could just have used the classic version which is still included as it uses the new fw with the “old” TD and not have needed to log into anything.

2 Likes

We have the next fw release in testing now, it is possible that we want some testers over the weekend. Especially the noise issue is of interest to us.

I would help testing :). I have noticed the problems with the noise as well lately and stil have some issues when I first run True Drive.

What type of issues are there in your case?

We are considering removing the “save&restore window location” for now as it seems to be the root cause of the white screen -issues.

I’d be happy to test as well, I had some pretty severe noise issues.
No issues with window position, but I do have a few screens if there’s something you want me to try there.

After running the latest version since release a noticed the following problems:

• When my SC2 pro was switched off and I switch it on it gets stuck during the initialization. Seems like an issue with the safety lock because it doesn’t recognize when I release it. I have to power it off and on again to make it work.

• It is more noisy in certain situations than before. But based on the change log it is a known issue. :grinning:

very noisy clunk sounds and also for the past week paddock doesnt respond.been running classic

I did some testing over the weekend and went back to 2021.7.
After replacing the online profile with a classic one the start up issues of the SC2 Pro could not initialize was gone.
Also the noticeable “noise” was gone during driving in iRacing.
With noise I mean some kind of base vibration.

We are testing the 2021.9 release now. Anyone want to give it a try?

ME ME ME ME ME! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I’d love to give it a try - my unit seems to make more noise than others so it should be a good test of the noise reduction stuff.

Sure! I want to give it a try. Even if i got no problems with 2021.8.