Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I haven’t yet tested the Paddock/online at all so I’m not sure if it’s somehow more limited on usage than the current offline/classic then? (I haven’t changed the profile in the wheel in 3 months, so no need to do anything)

Is it not possible to change at least the same values as with the classic version then?

I got the impression it’s the same except there’s occasional extra mouse click required with the new version.

It already does allow that. Have you even tried Paddock yet?

Also, the app can be set to always open to the offline mode so no Internet things even load at all.

We are considering on adding “make new profile” and “delete profile” functionality to the offline mode but we would need some feedback first from the community, on what are the essential things that are missing now that prevent using that mode.

So even new profiles could be added without ever registering online? That’d be really nice.
As for the missing functionality, if it can do same things in offline mode as Classic today it would be really great, otherwise there is no incentive for the move.

3 Likes

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!!

(as a side note, the one thing to watch out for with this design is in the reporting - 2 years from now the most used profiles will be the oldest, though they may no longer be the best - limiting the reported data on screen to say the past xxx days would ensure it shows users what’s actively being used)

1 Like

Are there any OEM’s that build motion simulators that ship with a PC and Paddock already installed?
That might be a use case where the OEM would want to pre-populate a manual profile, without having to log in on that PC with their account prior to shipping to a customer.

That OEM manufacturer could share the profiles in the Paddock instead, that they could supply updates to the profiles as well. No reason to pre-install them to a customer PC.

Jup, that’s the main problem with logging usage and using that as a measure. It’s a snowball effect where a certain profile only gets more and more and more used and new profiles can’t catch up simply cause they were released later. Could indeed partly be circumvented by a “most used last week/month” or something but you will probably still get the bandwagon effect.

Upload date + review score doesn’t have that drawback but it’s hugely dependent on enough people actually scoring a profile. It’s always a bit of a trade off.

Also tracking usage and actively using that tends to freak people out quicker, big brother is watching effect, no matter if that feeling is justified or not.

1 Like

Would any OEM’s see their profiles as proprietary and not want them publicly shared?

Just talking through this - any outcome will not impact me and is fine.

Possibly yes.Same goes also for eSports teams. We are thinking on adding a “team/group/something” feature to the paddock as well, where profiles could be shared within a closed circle. But this is not very high on the feature list at the moment.

Agree fully with Kledsen’s post and in addition I would like to give my opinion of the existing filters:

1. Recon filter: if I remember well there have been talks about a version 2. I personally prefer to keep it between 1-3, as values above that cause huge delays (for my taste). Maybe a revision could make it better?
  2. SFR: This is a very useful filter to tame harsh snap backs in AC and ACC for example and otherwise balance cornering strength. But in the pro and sport is not fully adjustable, only in the ultimate. For me the way it is, it can do half of the job and I think with adjustable timing we could solve many of the sims issues. So as I have kept asking many time now i would like to see some timing adjustment on the pro and maybe the sport.
  3. Slew rate: I find the range given a bit weird. Nothing really happens unless you go in very low values 1 to 0.1.I would like to see things scale better.
  4. Peak notch filter: honestly is there anybody using this? If yes I would like to see how…
  5. ULL: it’s good somehow and i know how it works in theory (somewhat). But honestly this is the last filter I will check during my testing to see if it makes sense and at what value. Perhaps a more intuitive scale could help.
  6. Gamma filter: it exists on ultimate but not in the rest. Why? it’s a simple thing… It could help boost a bit the center when needed.

Some ideas:

1. Dynamic damping. I think there is such a thing in fanatec, can’t comment if it is any good though.
  2. Seat of pants: it would be great to see this someday in simucube. Accuforce has it…

I mean we all say sims will improve their ffb as DDs will become mainstream. But I am afraid it will take years, so we need to rely on our hardware capabilities (software/filters, etc.) to correct the sims deficiencies. For example for ACC, a modern sim title, although I have reached to a good point with TD settings, I still can’t find it enjoyable/convincing enough (many people agree on this). With additional filters in the pro or reworked ones, it could be a very different situation.

These are just some of my thoughts…anybody wanting to add something, share more ideas, please do.

Also to be fair on the paddock, after Mika’s clarifications on the settings sharing system I guess it could work and be an actual improvement especially for newcomers. I just wish that GD would commit some resources on the above mentioned points.

5 Likes

I dont know what is worse, rfactor 2 new ui or sc2 new online ui.

1 Like

I do like rf2 new ui quite a lot

My hope is that the SC2 Paddoc UI is just a ‘point in time’ and will evolve with community feedback and to accommodate future devices. I suspect we’re stuck with the Rfactor 2 new UI…

While we’re talking Rfactor2, I would GLADLY give up the UI if it meant they could improve their load times - I often skip Rfactor just thinking about how long it will take to load a level.

1 Like

What do you know, it’s modern. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please elaborate. Its only its first fully public release and we are listening to feedback.

1 Like

I’ve only skimmed through the last few comments and seen that it’s all kicked off a bit but for what it’s worth I think you guys are doing a great job and I look forward to more updates on the paddock feature.

Just wanted to come by and highlight a few things I’ve noticed on the latest 2021.8 update, I feel like motor noise is now more obvious since the latest update, filters feel a little more grainy than before, particularly the slew rate adjustment, I know its always made noise but it seems harsher than before. Not sure if this is something you guys are aware of or if I just so happened to have noticed the noise now coincidently after the update which is very possible but it just seems a little louder than before on this update.

As for feedback on the paddock itself, my issue with it is it just seems to have replaced the offline setup rather than supplement it, even though offline setup is still an option it’s kind of clunky navigating to it now the profile select drop down before was more convenient having the choice to pick a profile and have the settings immediately appear on screen rather than needing to click edit. Just makes the software a little less intuitive, maybe having an extra tab on the left with the old profile selection screen would bring back that intuitiveness, that and a tab dedicated to online profiles would be pretty cool rather than needing to go through the online profile screen to navigate to offline profiles.

Hope that makes sense… as for what else to add to the software, just more options for adjustment for the more advanced user would be great, the simple settings are there for ease of use and I think we all value the extra depth we can go to if we want to do that, the more the merrier I say.

6 Likes

Extra noise with 2021.8 is a known issue. 2021.7 shouldn’t have that.

1 Like

in fact I just downgraded to 2021.7 and yes, it’s better

4 Likes

Aha thanks, I thought it certainly was different, I’ll roll back to 21.7 then I think.

Who was the one wo thought that cloud based stuff would be a good idea?

Any suggestions?

2 Likes