Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

very noisy clunk sounds and also for the past week paddock doesnt respond.been running classic

I did some testing over the weekend and went back to 2021.7.
After replacing the online profile with a classic one the start up issues of the SC2 Pro could not initialize was gone.
Also the noticeable “noise” was gone during driving in iRacing.
With noise I mean some kind of base vibration.

We are testing the 2021.9 release now. Anyone want to give it a try?

ME ME ME ME ME! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I’d love to give it a try - my unit seems to make more noise than others so it should be a good test of the noise reduction stuff.

Sure! I want to give it a try. Even if i got no problems with 2021.8.

Is it ok to provide feedback for the RC here?

yes, it is. All feedback is good.

Early indications are that the white screen on start -issue is still there. So it is not caused by the window geometry restore. I’m still investigating this.

For now I dont feel any “noise”. Feels great to drive with. But the issue with rebooting the device to make it work still persists. I didn’t have the problem when I downgrade back to 2021.7.

can you describe this in detail?

I try to describe it as good as I can.
Usually I have my Simucube switched off at the back of the wheelbase.

When I start it and open up True Drive the Software gets stuck during initialize. It also dont notice if the e-stop is pressed or not.
After I switch the SC off and on again the True Drive software is able to perform the initialzation.
Also the E-Stop is recognized.

When I downgraded to 2021.7 the problem still exists until I saved the classic profile to the wheelbase.
If I would leave the online profile on the wheelbase the problem always occurs.

We feel that this is a firmware side issue that seems to be rare, as we have seen it come and go on some feedback channels, and we haven’t been able to consistently repeat at all.

Only way that can perhaps make it happen, is that USB commands somehow confuse / block / interfere with the code that communicates with the servo drive, causing some kind of timing issue.

Simucube 2 firmware 2 is in testing now, and we hope that the issue will be fixed in that release.

Would it help to enable the verbose logging on TD and I provide you the information when it happen?

no, not helpful. We have seen it happen sometimes in the raw log that cannot be accessed by the end user.

Ok :slight_smile:
Then I am looking forward to the new firmware 2.0 and hope its gone. :slight_smile:

hey id be happy to test the firmware if you are still offering, my pro is pretty noisy using 2021.8 and i rolled back to 2021.7 as a result. would be happy to provide feedback.

Unfortunately we have now enough feedback on the noise to proceed.

Other than the noise,

we are interested if anyone has the white screen on load -bug on True Drive Paddock. It seems to be reproducible on some systems when the application is launched on the 2nd display, but works fine if launched on the 1st display. And that also caused the requirement of deleting the registry key to enable it to launch at all again.

We have several setups with two displays, also with dissimilar resolutions, at the office, and it does not repeat on our systems.

1 Like

My system has 3 connected displays and I never had any issue with it.
Edit: So unfortunalety I cant help with that :confused:

no problem, any estimate on the update time? was the feedback positive enough for release, thanks.

and yes, im using a single ultrawide and there is no white screen issue.