Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Is it due time yet? I didnt see anything in the notes about the internal changes.

Hi,

Those are

• Added a possible fix for some “stuck at waiting for the drive to get ready” -issues.
  • Added support for Simucube 2 Sport and Simucube 2 Pro manufactured after week 38/2020.

Simucube 2 True Drive 2020.10 is released.

2 Likes

Thx Mika, works without problems here.

If you haven’t bookmarked the location of releases yet.
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

2 Likes

How does one update cleanly, while retaining profiles etc?

Maybe silly question but I had to ask, 2020.10 contain also all the fixes present in previous versions? Or should I upgrade each version since the one I have?

All fixes from previous versions are included.

Profiles are stored on the device, so you can just delete the old installation (backup any custom wireless wheel images etc first) and then unzip the new version and just that.

3 Likes

@Mika did your beta testers tested new bumpstops in iRacing???
Looks like not working as it should, on track past bumpstops and the forces are loose like butter.
Out of car, in replay screen bumpstops works well

Going to test in Wreckfest and Richard Burns Rally

EDIT:
More testing on iRacing reveals that Bumpstop Range tells where the Bumpstop forces start and stop too

If steering range at 420Âș (F3) and bumpstop range at 420Âș, just past ±210Âș and bumpstops gone

I get some vibrations on the bumpstops in iracing. Could you bring back a way to select bumpstop dampening like before 2020.7?

Damping for bumpstops is the same as 2020.7. However, the bumpstop is not further dampened by the servo drive damping and other effects. Maybe more fine tuning is required.

When Simucube starts to generate its own bumpstops, the in-game forces are scaled down as the wheel nears the bumpstop angle. Maybe the current implementation is worse?

Sure it is worse!
Just lose my Ferrari GT3 entering The Spoon in Suzuka (touched green on braking
) let the wheel straight itself but bumpstop forces are off past the steering range

Downgrading firmware right now

OK,

the current implementation (outside axis range & not affected by servo drive filtering) is what the forum people wanted

First time trying new bumpstops because im happy with 2020.4 version of it.
Just what I and others wants is the Bumstop as strong as possible

I am struggling to understand the issue. What happens when steering forces cause the wheel to hit the bumpstops?

In Car:
You feel the Bumpstop (100%) at maximun steering range but sometimes bouncing back forces can overpass bumpstops, or the driver trying to save a dead crash. Bumpstops forces are decreased outside steering range

In replay screen (no constant forces):
Bumpstops works as it should, reach max steering range and bumpstop reach 100% forces, pass over steering range and bumpstop forces doesnt decrease

2 Likes

Ah, I see! Then the issue is not this

but rather that the bumpstops are too narrow in steering angle?

I made this masterpiece. Correct me if I misunderstood.

Imgur

3 Likes

Can i just go on previous build. I’m not so happy with this. I want to compare it with old one