Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

I use the last 2022 release, do I need to update everytime ?
Iā€™m happy with what I have.
The only improvement I really need is some new filters, like a low boost filter, to have a strong effect with a light FFB car, or a high FFB filter, to remove the strong curb FFB from rFactor 2ā€¦

You already got that stuff. By the Wayā€¦ SC2 is perfect for rF2!

no at all, the curbs are too much strong, the rF2 forum is full of posts and many have asked to reduce the curbs.

Sorry that is not true! You got the torque bandwidht filter, peak & notch filter and the slew rate. You can get a perfect FFB out of it, with curbs who will just breath on your FFB! :wink:
i built a Motec Workbench which helps alot. ā€¦I tried to teach it to some guys some of the Le Mans Virtuel series, they dont care or keep it secret.

Guys who spend money on a product of a different companyā€¦ they got a hard time in rF2!
But Granite Devices did an awsome job, demonstrably the best FFB device on the market!

I would change just small subjective minor things on the Software.

I used to have the heavy curb problem but I canā€™t remember what solved it.

Maybe using a more recent firmware?

Or maybe that Iā€™ve just been using default True Drive profiles for a while now.

I do use Smoothing level 4 in-game (canā€™t remember if I changed that or itā€™s default).

It may also be more of a problem on third party tracks than first party.

I installed it and had crazy vibrations with raceroom, i had to downgrade to previous build :pensive:

Hi,

So 2022.11 works for you, or was it a much earlier version that you had to downgrade to? And did you try to reduce the directinput damping effect?

You are the second user to report this, and thus we will investigate this next week.

Yep, 2022.11. I didnā€™t try to reduce damping, i will do later today. I honestly couldnā€™t even try to drive, as it was impossible to put my hands on the steering wheel due to the force of the swings

Hi @ayrtonforever,

Which car does this happen on RaceRoom, and what kind of wheel do you have?

Hi Mika,

I am the second guy which have reported this issue.
I tried three cars: F4, AMG DTM 2021, Praga.
The same thing happens with all the cars.
The oscillation gets weaker as soon as you reduce the DirectInput Damping and disappears completely at about 55%.
I use the steering wheel Ascher F28-SC V2.

I did manage to replicate the issue today. Needs a good tuning session to solve it for good. One of the options is to just set the gain so that 100% is actual lower,but I will also think about adding filtering.

A re-tuned DirectInput Damping is now available for beta testing. I managed to re-produce the issue in AC, but not in ACC.

Hi @Mika,

In oct 2022 you said:

MikaGranite Devices team

Oct '22

VIncent:

hanging had to do with software improvements of the dd itself, telemetry based FFB.

Pedals have this. We will also take this development on to Simucube 2 next year.

When can we expect Telemetry based FFB this year?

kind regards,

End of the year. The work is not yet started, as the focus has been to get the pedal to production.

2 Likes

End of March for the pedals, there we go!

1 Like

I wonder what effects the pedals will be able to deliver. ABS, and what are the other, realistic effects? When you are able to use telemetry based effects for the pedals, wouldnā€™t it be wise to those for the DD at the same time? Isnā€™t there a risk that doing some later will affecting the already existing ones, or vice versa? Will the pedal FFB affect the FFB sensation of all those, not using your pedals?

Did you order a set, or one to start with? What you think would be the best product to use together with a single pedal from Simucube? Already plans on how to mount them, because of the size and weight?
And: congratulations!! Sure a great sensation, kind of a pioneer exploring new land.

Afaik this is the plan to merge the software for pedals and wheelbase.

Just the Brake/Primary Set
I have a spare BJ Steel 3 pedal set that is SC2 compatible to cannibalize throttle and clutch, never an issue, the brake was the offender.

Mounting to my rig wont be a problem, plenty of space.

Now using Invicta pedals and im very happy with them, but im tired of the trend of elastomers on the brakes.
Time will tell

1 Like

No no, you will tell!! Iā€™m happy for you, keen to learn about it. I was looking at the Simgrade pedals, although Iā€™m happy with BJ. After 2 years I changed Nitroflex and throttle spring, feels like new.
I asked friends about Simgrade, and basically they say itā€™s kind of too much to fiddle, and the price is also high. Letā€™s see, what future brings. I wish you :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like