New product announcement speculation

Release stream here:

https://simucube.com/

and also on our new twitch account (but seems like our twitch link embed is broken on this forum.

1 Like

Following the countdown on Twitch right now.
Took half day off at work, better be worth it :slight_smile:

Edit : it surely was, nice one guys

I cannot help but pat myself on the back for delaying my hydraulic pedals purchase (discussed in another thread).

3 Likes

Much ado about nothing. :man_shrugging:

So it’s FFB pedals

Okay, that’s something. I’ve always wanted that.

As someone who actually likes Brake Vibe effect it seems like they can deliver that in hardware now.

If my ProtoSimTech PT-2s ever die these will be a serious look for me.

I was right!!!
The future is here!!!

1 Like

Simtag already has one

Plus there is always tactile you can bolt under pedal plate to get some simulation there.
1 Like

Very interesting is how much effort they put into the software. Everything is controlled in software. No messing with the hardware of the pedals (so they say).

That’s good as maybe we can look forward to improvements coming over to other parts of TrueDrive.

2 Likes

Telemetry based FFB looks to be the next step, meanwhile DirectInput effects can do the job

2 Likes

We will setup forum section here when we can, possibly tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

New pedals sound very interesting, I realise now that you only ship to European union countries and sadly the UK left the EU :frowning:

As you will be doing a presale on your site are you planning on getting preorders on UK distributors as well or will that come much later in 2023?

This is all to be announced, and a lot depends on the initial production ramp-up speed.

I am strucked by some sentences like:

What is also very special is the possibility of having cloud based profiles. How easy it’s gonna be to download it and have a perfect setup…

We invite the community to finish the product…and helping us to improve the software…

A Formula 1 car needs up to 120 kg pressure loads on the brake… while Brembo writes that their data shows over 200kg at the Spanish GP, turn 10…
Not quotes, but very accurate

Especially the invitation to “finish” the product piqued my interest. An invitation to world war 2: after the battle at the hills of wireless (and the offensive at Saint Paddock) I hoped to get some home leave. But no…
This time you most likely gonna find me among the rebels (which is bad news for them). Anyway: Do you happen to know what’s on TV?

Thats fair enough, I will await with baited breath for the preorders somewhere.

If it is only via resellers for UK would you ping out an announcement when they become available if you remember, otherwise I will keep an eye out :).

Well congratulations, it looks like a very nice pedal, now I’m afraid for the price, I’m afraid it’s not in my budget and it remains a dream, anyway congratulations

1 Like

Having been testing it for the last 3 months or so, I can certainly assure you it’s a revolution. My 4K hydraulic set is sitting on the shelf, never to be used again.

I’ve always tried to be objective when looking at products, but these are so good, all objectivity just flies right out the window. Weird thing, when testing the first prototype 6 or 7 months ago, it took me 2 minutes to declare to Tero and Team that these were game-changing.

I think GD Guys were disappointed, as they were looking for critique, and I was just trying to keep my jaw from dropping. Even that early on, I realised what a huge step-up this was back then. Nothing will be the same ever again.

And to think of it, many $$ saved as we no longer need shakers and Amps on the pedal tray.

6 Likes

Really disappointed, was really hoping the game. Changing had to do with software improvements of the dd itself, telemetry based FFB.
I don’t need pedals shaking etc. Have kids sleeping underneath my gaming room in de evenings. Also i don’t believe that the pedals have good software, since the DD software is also not to my liking. Maybe it is better for me to switch instead of waiting for something what is not coming.

2 Likes

Pedals have this. We will also take this development on to Simucube 2 next year.

3 Likes

lets continue discussion in a separate thread.