Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

Continuing the Early Access thread here: Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t familiar with the meaning of the word Paddock and had assumed it was a Finnish word.

I looked it up and the first definition was:

ā€œa small field or enclosure where horses are kept or exercised.ā€

I assume in racing terms it refers to the place where all the cars are kept before/after a race.

Kind of a neat meaning when you think about it.

Paddock= the pits when discussing auto racing

1 Like

That was the same explanation I found first myself. :rofl:

1 Like

Thats the type of newcomers, some of them knows what a steering wheel is, and a clutch.

for those who cannot read, Paddock:
vista-al-paddock

4 Likes

How to import the ā€œclassicā€ profiles to the new TrueDrive.The explanations given are not clear to me.
Thank you.

At the moment, you need to export each of you classic profiles to a separate INI file.Then you can import that INI file when you create a new profile in Paddock.

Next release will have an improvement where the FFB tuning settings dialog has a button to import settings from classic profile from the device itself, so there will be no need to work with ini files.

2 Likes

Yes. Paddock is widely used term in the Europe at least. In the US, I think it is a synonym to the Pits.

Pitlane = the lane the racing cars drive on
Pits = the building that house the cars and also the immediate surroundings of that, were the teams have their trailers and workshops.
Paddock = slightly wider term, used to include all the people as well, including journalists, hospitality, etc.

Thanks for this quickly response, Mika.

Mika, Sorry for being a dummy here, but how do I export each profile as a separate INI file? Whenever Iā€™ve clicked ā€˜exportā€™ in the past, I just get a single INI file and I thought that contained all profiles?

Iā€™m using V1.0.7 if that makes any difference.

Exporting a singe profile to file or all profiles has been added a long time ago.

1 Like

But probably not to the early version that Iā€™m using which is why I havenā€™t noticed?

It was added in 2020.7 release.

1 Like

You can edit the exported file.

Every Profile has a number so you need to create exclusive files for dessired Profile

But if you are planning to jump at Paddock software, It is recommented to jump from a newer version

1 Like

Thanks guys. Iā€™ll make sure to upgrade to a more recent classic version and get my individual profiles saved before jumping into Paddock.

How can I import all of my old profiles to paddock version? Or was it so that I need to create one online profile and then I can import an old ini file for it? I thought there was a way to say import all the profiles I have in this ini file and they get added.

Most likely I just use classic then.

How would the online paddock application then guess which cars and which simulators the profiles are for? And what in-game settings field should contain?

There is now (in release 2021.9) integrated UI to import settings from classic profile directly from device, when adjusting FFB settings for a Paddock profile.

Well in reality I donā€™t really want to use the online system but to test someone elseā€™s settings at the moment. But the ā€œoffline listā€ is empty and I have no idea how to fill it automatically from the saved ini file(s).

yep, its not possible to do it automatically.

We are adding a quick try -feature to the web application now, so shared profiles can be tried out without even registering. True Drive already supports that, and the web app is still pending deployment.