Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

R2 racers: next Wednesday :wink:

7 Likes

Cool, very cool Mika!!:four_leaf_clover::heart:

Just saw you are kind of disappointed. I know you give your best!!! Personally I found out that the best is to use as less filter as possible and not too much torque. In WRC 9 fe is awesome to feel the difference of the surface, rain Aso!!! In game is all to 100 except self aligning to 120 and motor to 50 and collision to almost zero. Damage to medium or real. Fascinating!!!

No, not at all. More like relieved as it appears that we finally found solutions for the non-working devices with 2021 releases.

Awesome news! Iā€™m looking forward to trying this out!

Will Paddock allow for profiles for any game or only a set list?

Iā€™m looking for settings for use with BeamNG and a user contributed system like Paddock will be a godsend if it supports it.

Any game. There is a list that we are keeping, and ā€œotherā€ is an option for really obscure ones.

Any update on release?

2 Likes

Hell yeah canā€™t wait.

I have been using the paddock for a couple of weeks with no problems but now the program does not start. TD Paddock opens a window that states ā€œprogram not respondingā€. TD Classic opens normally. I think this came after the weekend windows update.

Log file:
10:23:45.335: with logging
10:23:45.425: Opened style file
10:23:45.566: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_usbsuspendcheckBox_clicked(bool)
10:23:45.566: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_usbrecoverycheckbox_clicked(bool)
10:23:45.566: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_wirelessbutton_clicked()
10:23:45.567: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_exportButtonMenu_clicked_one()
10:23:45.567: Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_exportButtonMenu_clicked()
10:23:45.567: Warning: QObject::connect: No such signal MW2::activeProfileChanged(int index, profDataNew *profile)
10:23:45.569: Warning: QObject::connect: (sender name: ā€˜MW2ā€™)
10:23:45.569: Warning: QObject::connect: (receiver name: ā€˜MW2ā€™)
10:23:45.575: wheel image: attempting to load: ā€œwheels/wheelimage.pngā€
10:23:45.584: ā€œE:/SimRacing/Simucube 2 True Drive 2021.7_with_Paddock_Early_Access/simucubeprofiles.iniā€
10:23:45.584: ā€œE:/SimRacing/Simucube 2 True Drive 2021.7_with_Paddock_Early_Access/profiles_autobackup.iniā€
10:23:45.584: ā€œE:/SimRacing/Simucube 2 True Drive 2021.7_with_Paddock_Early_Access/profiles_autobackup.iniā€
10:23:45.592: loadIncludedFirmwareVersion: included 1.1.20
10:23:45.593: profile settings are not password protected.
10:23:45.593: skipping sending, tracker not initialized
10:23:45.667: framed window position restore success true
10:23:45.710: emitting consent change

Does it behave the same if Simucube is powered off?

Yes, ā€œprogram not respondingā€, if power off.

Just to confirm, that this was when you had Simucube powered off and then launched True Drive, and the other way around?

Wait a second :scream:.
Tomorrow is the release for all Simucube users? :smiley:

1 Like

I guess I find the reason why Paddock gave notice the program is not responding.
I have 4 monitors in use, 3 of which are in Nvidia surround mode. Surround is the main screen and screen 4 is the second. I have accessed the TD Paddock on the main screen, but for the last time I moved it to the second screen. When restarting the computer TD Paddock I gave this message (program not responding).
I got the TD Paddock to work when I removed the 4 screen from Nvidia, and the TD booted to the main screen. Now the TD Paddock will at least boot normally.

ok, good. Perhaps it somehow hangs when it finds a display missing or something. The location of the display is saved in Windows registry:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Granite Devices\Simucube2
to keys FramedWindowGeometry (for Paddock) and FramelessWindowGeometry (for Classic). Deleting those keys will also reset.

I guess the bug/hang is actually in the Qt library that parses these registry keys.

@Mika any estimate time for the release?

1 Like

How about just a few minutes ago. :wink:

4 Likes

Already downloaded, didnā€™t expect to see it this early in the day. I looked for ā€˜officialā€™ profiles and then realised the mtakala ones were, would it be a good idea to rename them something like ā€˜Simucube Officialā€™ or something like that? I didnā€™t realise mtakala was Mika until I goggled him as Iā€™m new to the Simucube platform.