Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

we are working on “endorsing” profiles of our partners, but as everything is subjective, the value of such is questionable. And we did not want to push any official profiles at first, as even my opinion on the profiles I use is subjective…

worth updating for a classic mode 2021.7 user?

I can’t wait to head home today. :scream:

I just went through some of the online profiles. Looks very good. Question: fine tuning effects still have the circles? If so, lots of “games” (like F1 2020) don’t have the ability to deal with them afaik. But cloud profile has some adjustments in this section, which then would be without impact. Or is it different with pro/ultra? Although this would be a surprise to me because I assume that the access is defined in the game. Cloud profiles should help us to gain confidence in the adjustments we made (like ok, I’m on the right path) and/or give us a basic fundament from which we can go on with settings based on individual favour like force of feedback. Overall UI is really good, design aswell. If I’m wrong I apologize. Seeing adjustments without any output just make me a bit insecure

I’m not sure if I understood correctly, but yes, all directinput effect fine tuning sliders are always visible.

Hi Mika,

I’ve a few requests for true drive:

#1 - Network traffic is originating from qtwebengineprocess.exe, this makes it hard to properly firewall - is there any way to get the web traffic to come from the main executable? (Or, when you package things can qtwebengineprocess.exe be renamed to something like qtwebenginePaddock.exe)

#2 - Can “Hands off detection sensitivity” be moved to the per game profile?
Rationale: Games like ATS/ETS, and any titles with a lot of drifting, hands off detection gets in the way and needs to be disabled, all other games benefit from Hands off detection - for this reason, It would be beneficial to have that as a per game setting.

Sorry…my English skills…
Why have cloud profiles fine tuning sliders activated even they game doesn’t support that? Cloud profiles should be solid concerning fundamental functions. Fe in F1 2020 doesn’t allow any fine tuning effect (no circles, no filled circles). WRC9 allows fine-tuning and has circles plus filled ones.

Second that question, @Mika, there is nothing functional mentioned in release notes for Classic mode except “deprecation reminder” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.
Are there some unspoken fixes, I remember you were working on some USB issues affecting certain users?

2021.8 + True Drive Paddock

Includes Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock release

Changes and fixes - general

• Access to True Drive Paddock has been enabled for all Simucube 2 racers!
  • Small tidy-ups and fixes in the True Drive User Interfaces
  • Added a friendly deprecation reminder for the True Drive Classic mode. Classic mode will be removed in an upcoming release.
  • Added Troubleshooting.txt for some common issues regarding True Drive not starting.

Note: Please download and install Microsoft’s Visual Studio 2019 Redistributable package (64bit version) from Microsoft’s server if you get msv dll errors when you try to start True Drive.

2 Likes

Thanks Mika, will you be porting across the other profiles from classic to the paddock? when I checked this morning you only had your iRacing profile available.

Unfortunately this is not possible. Similar Qtwebengineprocess.exe is running also with dropbox client, and many other software that uses the same framework.

We have thought of this when we released Simucube 2, and decided to put it as a hardware setting. It does not make sense to move it now, as the original decision maker was “settings that affect FFB feel” and “settings that affect device safety or other operation” and that hasn’t changed.

This would mean that we would have to do such mapping, and we are not doing that for now.

I do have only iRacing Generic that I use for most of my iRacing stuff, and iRacing LMP that I use for LMP cars. For other games, I haven’t tuned any profiles and drive just fine with a simple profile so there would be no value in sharing those.

Yes, as follows (and I will also amend the changelog on the wiki):

1. USB things. The broken USB thing is removed, but however we have re-implemented it to a “Simucube firmware 2.0” that we have done. Public testing for that will begin soon.
    • Firmware 2.0 features FreeRTOS operating system to enable more flexible development, more reactive communcation with PC, and huge simplification on device operating parameter structure (no profile setting banks in device memory anymore).
  2. Some clock settings on the servo drive were changed to fix device not starting/ffb drop out / random issues that occurred on some users since 2021.1 release.
  3. Originally we thought that the above issues (in 2.) were caused by some adaptive current measurement strategies on servo drive, that would then cause too much power draw from PSU causing FFB dropouts, so this release is without the adaptive current measurements. This feature, which makes the device more quiet when idling, is making a return in the next release.
1 Like

Thanks Mika,
So 2 and 3 are in, and 1 (USB things) is only opening for testing, correct?

Correct. We need to improve the tuning for current measurements before putting them back in.

1 Like

Mika is this release considered as something that all simucube 2 owners should upgrade to, or is it considered as beta, that is opening up to a wider audience now?

If this is beta, is there a stable release you recommend for ‘most’ users?

the release is stable
updated without problem

the problem is see a lot of iracing profile with 50,60 and 80% of OverallStrenght

WTF? you have a 25 nm … use the 100% and reduce the strenght in game

using less strength in device settings is safer if user wants to safeguard huge forces from unrealisticly hard hits.

2 Likes

so reduce force in game, no?
it’s not better for a real ffb reproduction?

i understand AC or rf2 that have very hard ffb, but ir is fully customizable

This makes sense, is there any room to consider this a dual feature? I agree it is a safety feature, but it also drastically impacts ‘feel’ if you’re drifting and you release the wheel expecting it to spin freely and it stops on you.

Would it be possible to have it as a global setting on the page it’s on now, with an override option on the profile page? (maybe something like a checkbox “override global hands free detection for this profile” which would then activate slider on the profile page)