Simucube 2 Profile Online Early Access

hi Mika one thing, it would be great if you could make the process of editing ffb values while driving a little easier in online mode; as it is now, for my knowledge the required steps are “edit ffb”–> open the standard looking td page to edit values --> press ok when done --> press save when back in online section; as far as i know, it’s not as before when you could simply keep td open and edit values without the need of saving anything. a solution to that would be to edit ffb values directly from the online part of td without the need to open a separate window with the old td menu.
but again, I might be wrong and maybe there is an easier way to do the same.

2 Likes

It was a bug, and now fixed; the settings apply “live” in the “standard looking edit values page”.

1 Like

I have no time to update and test bumpstops again, but you can try to match TD steering Range with iRacing incar steering (Ferrari GT3 fixed @540⁰ iirc, is a good mule car) there you go! Bumpstops gone ingame past ±270⁰

Cool, and if sliders are more precisse, no need for decimals.
Buuut, are you saying that we dont need such precission when every Simple Profile we create has decimals on It??? Why do the software/developers have the habillity to use decimals and WE, the real user, dont???

Thats OK, but why at 100% in every profile? Just put that initial value at 0 or delete It if no needed, Resources are freed.
By the way, IRacing creates DirectInputInertia efects if you want.

Simple profiles are made with some internal multiplier that scales some values, and when converted to expert mode, the extra decimals are shown. However, that fine granularity is excessive from usability point of view, so thats why setting them in that fine detail is not implemented.

Yes, but no way to know for sure if they implement it in a sensible way. It will be implemented if it is required, and currently there is no need for it anywhere.

I have managed to replicate the bumpstop behavior. It is a side effect of the last update AND iRacing’s bumpstop behavior combined. It will be fixed in next release.

6 Likes

Im just used to drive iRacing with APP.INI DamperMode:1 (inertia)
So iRacing creates the effect (dont know if good or not) and no way to turn it to 0% like with Damping or Friction effects.
And belive me or not, I can create 2 copies of the same profile, one with DIinertia @100 and the other with DIinertia @0% and the feeling is night and day, whatever the value is at APP.INI DamperMode.

Strange, maybe there is a calculation in the iRacing’s internal processing that makes it feel different.

Simucube firmware implementation for the effect does nothing.

1 Like

Im not an expert on DirectInput but, what if the problem relies on DirectX side? and because of that all Wheel manufacturers recomends to turn off DirectInput effects on every profile for games that doesnt make use of that effects.
We SC2 users can’t turn off all DirectInput effects because DIinertia is hidden & @100%, when on any other wheel the Damper slider controls all DIeffects (inertia too)

No, its hidden and at 100%, but the effect calculation does not do anything, so 0 * 100% = 0.

Hello @Mika
I’ve tried this new Online B4 release and the only issues is that when import an Ultimate profile that uses different settings in Early Access Filters ( in particular Static force reduction Speed ) the new Online interface revert this settings to default value. It’s not possible to set/modify values for this filters.
The other issues is that trayminimized don’t work on boith classic and online.

For Dinput filters… is almost 25 years that microsoft don’t care about that in anyway…
i think that for specific device and sim titles, developers and manufacturer have to find a way to completely bypass microsoft and write a complete new way/protocol for Fx e communications.

In the future i hope to be able to use servos/platform that are controlled by the Sim to allow strength, inertia, friction, damping, slew-rate and recon to be dinamically controlled based on telemetry vehicle. I don’t know if this is not possible because hardware limitations anyway.
Bye.

I saw your feedback in the feedback system. The import for Ultimate will be investigated. Can you check if it works (i.e. the import does import correctly) in the Classic mode?

Sure,
give me 1 minute :).

Update:
in classic UI works fine. the settings is at 0.60 instead default 1.0.

Update 2:
I’ve noticed just now that ( in classic mode ) the first time you start TD, select a profile and make some changes, i’m able to store the settings on Simucube… but if i switch to another profile and make some changes i’m not able to press again the button to store settings. i have to “kill” Td from task manager , run it again and go to the profile i want to make changes and finally i can store it again.
Update 3:
i tried to press and release the e-stop and kill TD from Task manager seems not necessary but the issues still present and when i want to load a new profile and save changes i make i have to cycle e-stop again ( but not alla time work… sometime i have to power off the device)
Update 4:
I think i have found a strange behaviour problem for ( Static force reduction Speed ). If you try to set it at the maximum Td online accept the settings but is inverted and the UI show ( 0.0 ). If you set to minimum TD Online UI show the maximum value. Hope this helps.

Update 5.
Mika, im sorry but in classic mode when i make changes on settings profile … seems saved but when i reload the same profile ( after a power cycle ) all changes are reverted back to previous value. In my case, seems that i’m not able to make changes and save it. SC2 Ultimate.

Update 6.
This is the first time that i have to downgrade to previous firmware/TD version. In my case ( sc2 ultimate ) i’m not able to modify and store settings with new online Beta4 version. I have imported some profiles from version 2020.10 to online beta4, make some changes , saved … but today all my changes are reverted back to original imported profiles again.

1 Like

Good reporting, I think I’ve fixed the issues you are having already, but need some additional things on the online side before next release.

Hello Mika, thanks for all the good work and enthusiastic support you give all of us. I tried today the online version and it didn’t work. The software crashed right after turning on the device. Repealed this several times and nothing. I decided to go back to previous firmware and everything is working fine now, I suspect my SC2 Pro is not in the list of those R1 devices. and maybe it actually is R2 version. How can I know that? My SC2 Pro uses 2 power adaptors. Finally, when do you plan to have the final online version for everybody to jump in?

There would be a separate notification for R2 units (Pro with 1 power supply), and definitively not a crash. I’m investigating the crash issue, so far I haven’t been able to see what causes it to happen.

We will be compiling a new version soon with fixes to some of the known issues.

Our current vision is that Early Access Special Edition beta for Ultimate and R1 users will last about two more months, and after that the R2 units will get access as well. But the timetable is not set in stone.

Just to Make a PSA: Fired up AMS2 and went though the process of recalibrating my S2U steering Wheel Calibration using Online Beta and got nothing, Switched back to classic And the calibration worked straight away, Switched back to online beta to play the game.

Hope this saves someone thirty mins of a melt down :wink:

J

Hello Mika,
thank you. i like to investigate more than drive :). if this helps, i’m happy to test.

I loaded this a few weeks back…yesterday I had some issues with my PC and had to do a clean Windows install. With you removing the download from the OP, I am in a terrible spot:

1. I didn’t back my profile up, because that was one of the main points of me testing this online profile system
  2. My firmware is now too new, and it won’t even let me DL and install the old version

Should I just not use my SC2 Pro for a while until you get around to releasing it? Or do I need to waste time rolling back other things, just so I can then spend more time to undo things and redo them when you do release?

I don’t understand the logic of allowing people to test this…and then ripping the rug out from under them for an indefinite amount of time.

I can send you a link to it in private.

Main reason on pulling it is the following:

• serious issues where changes to profiles were not being applied or were applied only once
  • serious issue where logins via Google sign-in are no longer working, so we need to redo some of the sign-in code to use system browser instead
  • issue where people are reporting already fixed issues all the time.

We just got the Google sign-in working again today, and next release will be next week.

1 Like

Many thanks, Mika! Really appreciate it and look forward to the release version.