Simucube 2 Profile Online Early Access

The tick mark is the active profile on the device. Settings save to a profile when you click the save button in the online user interface.

@Mika - thanks, thatā€™s fine.

About detecting another instance running, a well accepted solution is to create a system Mutex at startup; then other instances can check if the mutex already exists and exit inmmediately. Maybe this can help you and not wait for a 3rdParty library fix if this is the case.

Kind regards!

Yeah, that is actually what the 3rd party library is doing, its just that the online version is not set up to use it in this release. Iā€™ve now fixed it. However, passing a message through the channel does not seem to work at the moment (to bring the previous instance into foreground), and Iā€™m not quite sure why.

I have finally been able to try the new beta, I must say the online part is really well done, only thing was the Import process of old profiles, it took a while to understand how to.
I have a suggestion : given that, as well all know, setting a DD wheel to work as intended still needs a lot of editing of ingame files, it would be really useful to include such txt files ( the usual .ini, .json etc) to an uploaded profile, otherwise the user will always need to rely on the forum to find them (maybe this function is already present and I have missed it).

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. We included the ā€œgame settingsā€ field for this, but it would make sense to include game files as well. We are thinking on ways how to do it to avoid having to moderate / pre-approve all files according to EU Copyright Lawā€™s Article 17.

1 Like

Quick feedback:

Only real gripe I have so far is the login. It seems to expire quickly & I have also been unable to save a ffb change as it had then expired, it seemed like. At least when I gave up on saving & went back I was asked to sign in again.
Since itā€™s not top secret information it would be nice if it would allow me to be remembered ā€œalwaysā€ or at least for a month or 2.

Def. awesome that you guys can now release certain UI updates without us having to install anything :+1:

Iā€™m not interested in using my SC2 with anything other than iRacing, is there a way of hiding profiles for other sims on the main screen? Also it feels like a ballache having to use the drop down menu every time and pick the sim Iā€™m interested in. Perhaps Iā€™ve missed a default option?

I also think it would be worth people listing the size and weight of the wheel rim used for their profile as this has a large impact on the feel.

2 Likes

Lengthening the log-in time and recovering from expired login / died online session is high on the todo list.

You can just add or create iRacing profiles to your profiles, that way the My Profiles screen would only show iRacing profiles.

Adding size/weight of the wheel is a good idea, but we must be able to do it in such a way that average user who does not have any idea on the weight of the wheel and no means to measure it, would be able to get it rightā€¦

4 Likes

Couple of issues Iā€™m noticing. When using True Drive Classic changing the Overall Strength Slider is having no effect whilst in game in iRacing. Secondly the save settings button seems permanently greyed out for me. Lastly a couple of times all of the parameters have completely disappeared in the Profile menu aside from the Management box.

Iā€™m kind of wishing Iā€™d not bothered with the Beta atm, I didnā€™t realise it would be this buggy and obviously a downgrade of firmware is impossible now AFAIK.

1 Like

I think you can still downgrade, Simon.

Mika posted some instructions earlier on in the thread.

1 Like

Ah, okay thanks Paul!

1 Like

Yes i have the same problem

We will get to fixing some of the minor issues next week. However the Classic version might not be maintained as such anymore, and a new caching of online profiles will be implemented instead.

The downgrade worked a treat for me, I didnā€™t even lose my profiles :+1:t2:

1 Like

with Beta 4 the tray or trayminimized command line options do not work. Hope to have it fixed for the public version, wish not to downgrade if itā€™s fixed then.

I managed to get a bunch of fixes in for the non-web side of the application already, but it will be more than one week, maybe over two weeks before next release.

• Applying of profile parameters in Classic mode: Fixed
  • Applying of profile parameters in edit FFB window in online mode: they were applied only once. Fixed.
  • Preliminary design of a default profile functionality in online: Done
  • tray and trayminimized parameters do now launch the tray icon correctly: Fixed.
  • Simucube hardware revision is shown correctly in the UI: Fixed.
  • Mouse Wheel Filter didnā€™t work for online profile edit dialog. Fixed.
5 Likes

When to roughly expect the official (non beta) release?

1 Like

Hello @Mika some questions about non-web side fixes:

• Are bumpstops reworked to solve actual issues?
  • Will Constant Filters sliders be re-escalated and the unused +50% deleted?
  • Is your team working in more precission on these Constant Filters to be able to use decimals like Simple Mode does?

Thanks

EDIT with last question:

• Is your team planning to add a DirectInput slider for Inertia?

We have acknowledged that there are some strange goings on with the bumpstops, but we havenā€™t seen any way to repeat the said issues.

Such UI adjustment is being considered to get the sliders into more usable scale.

No, such precision is not needed.

Not until there is a game that uses that effect in a usable way.