Simucube 2 Profile Online Early Access

The firmware reports the steering angle to PC in exactly the same way. Very unlikely that this issue had anything to do with the beta release.

Online version feedback:

• Setting icons are very big, so have to scroll. I would personally prefer them smaller, both my own profiles as well as the online ones.
  • I would prefer no re-ordering on selecting a profile. But would be nice to be able to sort alphabetically as well as in ā€œarranged modeā€, where I can drag them to the order I prefer.

Due to Google changing its policies to generally not allow registrations and logins from browsers that are integrated into the application (and by randomly allowing them still, on account-by-account basis), we have implemented a login / registration process that launches the native browser instead.

The change is in production now, and seems to be working.

Next beta release will be as soon as possible.

2 Likes

This is just the feedback we are after. The profile icons do need to contain some text information, while still looking good without no huge overlaps of text. We are also thinking on how to more easily differentiate at least your own profiles. A silhouette car that matches the profileā€™s vehicle class has been suggested. Any thoughts?

The current system tries to keep your last used profiles easily findable on the top of the list. Feedback taken, we are thinking on whether or not something else would work better.

Online Profiles Beta 5 is available for testing. Anyone want to test it?

Everyone of course :smiley:

1 Like

All of us lol

But yes me please

Sure sounds good. Currently very happy with the beta so far. Only the profile ordering could use some work, because my most used profiles are on the bottom. :sweat_smile:

Thanks. Is this in the ā€œMy Profilesā€ view or in the Online Profiles view?

The online profiles (my own created profiles of the online profiles) are not ordering on most used. Looks more like, the order of creation or something like that.

OK, thats not what we intended. Iā€™ll write a note about this to our team.

Thanks! Appreciate it. Itā€™s not big, just a bit annoying haha :sweat_smile:

Simucube 2 2021.1 Online Profiles beta 5

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HaZeAEPJx0cVrzudskPLwqnaHhxeTF3r/view?usp=sharing

(download the full file.)

Fixes in this release from beta 4

• Applying of some profile parameters in Classic mode didnā€™t work correctly.
  • Applying of profile parameters in edit FFB window in online mode: they were applied only once.
  • tray and trayminimized parameters do now launch the tray icon correctly.
  • Simucube hardware revision is shown correctly in the UI.
  • Mouse Wheel Filter didnā€™t work for online profile edit dialog. Fixed.
  • Includes bumpstop effect fix from a non-online 2021.1 test release.
  • Login now goes always through the system default browser as per Googleā€™s new security anti-phishing policies

Known issues

• Profile ordering in My Profiles view is strange sometimes
  • Loading of white screen on the software start can still happen
2 Likes

The steering wheel, maybe? Dshape, rounded one, formula shapeā€¦
Maybe an editable icon like we have on Status tab, users database can do the rest

50ā€™s formula car had a huge round steering wheel, similar to Truck Simulatorā€™s trucks, so this would not be immediately identifiable method

Hello Mika,
i test it for previous issues.
thanks.

UPDATE:
Same problem of beta4 persist.
1 - Static force reduction not working properly. settings ignored.
2 - When some adjustment are made on imported profiles:
es: When you modify Filter notch section and press save, seems saved but, as soon you return to modify it the settings showed are reverted to default. Seems that TDOnline are unable to read ā€œstored settingsā€
3: - Direct input filter are imported with wrong values.

SC2 Ultimate

Mmmm, 50s Cars are the less drived Cars in sim world but, a simple draw would be a skinny round shape with 4 spokes.
60s the same skinny wheel with 3 spokes
70s round 3 spokes, chubby
And go on.
Truck ones are easy, skinny round with 2 horizontal spokes

Fwiw, I think youā€™re aware,

But some changes are now live with everybody, and has been for days, no matter installing the latest version because of the web-based design of parts of TD.
For example the google login has been active for days & I did not update anything.

Only posting since it seems thereā€™s a 1% chance youā€™re having some things go live to end users, unintentionally. Prob. not the case.

Yes, we merged the new login to production already yesterday before the release, and of course we can develop the online parts separately.

Thanks for testing. I will need to check if the fixes for these just didnā€™t get merged. I remember to having made fixes to also these.