Simucube 2 News and Updates

Simucube 2 True Drive 2022.5 is out now.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

3 Likes

Hello ,
i have updated to this version. If i feel something strange i write you back but with previous release i have nothing to complain.
Note: In future release can you add a check to True drive process? this way the installer can terminate true drive if it’s open in background.

I will see if there is a way to kill the running True Drive process.

Simucube 2 True Drive 2022.7 is out now.

https://granitedevices.com/w/images/2/2b/Simucube_2_True_Drive_2022.7.zip

That is correct. I forgot to update the forum.

Automatic update notification on 2021.11 and later versions will be enabled in a few days.

1 Like

I have uploaded the official 2022.11 release to our wiki and a link is available in our Discord.

Probably nothing wrong with the release. But, our team is going to Simracing Expo, so the support we would be able to give during the coming week is less than normal, so if there were to be issues, it would not be nice.

Wiki link is going to be posted here after Simracing Expo.

3 Likes

I can’t find the discord channel

Discord.gg/simucube

I think it is on our website as well.

On the discord channel I can’t find the update link

its pinned on the simucube 2 channel there.

thx Mika, easy to find.

Have Fun on the Simracing Expo in Nürnberg.

I have just successfully installed the 2022.11 update, but both Ascher Wheels (B24L-SC + F28-sc-v1) are no longer recognized. Both green lights flash in front.
Because both do not work at the same time and I can no longer establish a connection, I suspect an error in the latest SW or firmware. So far I’ve never had a connection problem, both steering wheels were recognized immediately!

PC was rebooted after installation, the software was closed and restarted several times. No change.

What else can I do ?

That is really unexpected. Nothing related to wireless wheel connectivity has been changed.

Can you downgrade to 2022.7 (just install it on top of this release, it will prompt a fw downgrade)? I would be surprised if that will get the wheel working.

very strange, I could see the B24L-SC for a few seconds in the SW. The battery gauge showed 2.0. I think 3.6 is normal.

A request to Ascher is in progress.

It’s funny that both wheels go limp at the same time.

Just ordered some of these pugs bat - never seen that style. Next Monday i will check it.

Ascher Bat

2.0 in the connection list means that voltage measurement from the wheel has not been performed yet - it is a “zero” measurement in the protocol between wheel and True Drive. The first tab in True Drive would show the wheel as “waiting” in the voltage measurement.

During this waiting time, Simucube firmware does a few voltage measurements in “high bandwidth” mode, which consumes a bit of energy. Firmware tries to measure if the battery voltage drops. As we know, the battery used in Ascher’s and Simracing Bay’s wheels does not really drop in voltage even though it is almost empty. But by trying to consume some energy from the battery, the drop can be seen.

After the voltage measurements, the connection mode is put into the energy efficient mode.

If the wheel disconnects /disappears at connection, the battery voltage drops so much that the whole wireless connectivity module reboots itself.

1 Like

now I was able to take a picture where the B24L-SC was recognized for a few seconds. The wheel connected and disconnected 4-5x with control tones.

The F28SC is not recognized at all, not for a second.

In any case, the green light on the BL24 on the front of the steering wheel flickers fairly quickly and weakly - not normal, I would say. So changing the battery is not a big thing.

Do you also think it’s a battery problem?

Yeah, it is a battery issue, especially if it appers to do it in a loop.

there is something very strange going on with these Ascher wheels/botton modules in this update, ive been having some issues where sometimes i get mis shifts and i thought maybe the battery of my wheel is bad (even though it reads 3.6v.)

so anyway, i purchased some more batteries, a pack of 4 and every one of them was dead on arrival ( or so i thought ), i requested another pack of batteries from the supplier and those didnt work either, only the original battery works but they are the same batteries (but different brands)… so i have 8 ‘‘new’’ batteries now that do not seem to work, not one of them, some will cause the wheel to switch on and off continuously, some will show 2v, some will show 3.2v, the best one shows 3.4v but only the original one shows 3.6v.

i just find it all a bit strange that this is happening and has only happened to me on this version of the software and now i see im not the only one… like what the hell is going on here lol

im so confused because i cant believe i have got 8 ‘‘new’’ dead batteries.

I get mis-shifts on all wireless wheels - Asher, Cube, even that Tahko thing.

Move to USB, it’s far better, and far far more reliable.