Simucube 2 News and Updates

as long as the notches aren’t damaging the hardware i guess it’s not a issue if only when stationary

That is interesting. I have an ultimate ver 1 with no antenna and 2 NSH plates that don’t have external antenna’s. When connected they have a strength of around 45% to 60% and i have never had miss shifts unless it is me down shifting at the wrong time.

Saying usb is better is subjective to the user. I for one think wireless is better,

2 Likes

raceroom is using direct input damping, the notches are really loud and quite bad when at very low speed or stationary

hope this isn’t cuasing any hardware damage?

It will not cause hardware damage. Can you show the settings you are using, and any comment on whether the damping is stronger than it should be?

i haven’t played raceroom much recently so hard to tell if much different than before tbh

it seems raceroom only uses direct input damping when below like 20-30kph, has a solid circle in true drive then it turns into a hollow circle when you start driving properly, it’s still rather bad notching though when stationary

Hi @Whip and others,

There is now a beta available that aims to reduce the notches in the directinput damping that were introduced in 2022.11 release.

PM me if you are interested. I will add @Whip right away.

-Mika

2 Likes

Simucube 2 True Drive 2023.1 is out.

There have been some mixed reports about the mitigation for the directinput damping effect.

Please write your reports to the feedback thread. Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant, :smiley: I’ve been using this version since the weekend and I love it, I’m down to recon 1 and damping 0 GD you guys have done a great job thank you to the whole team.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

LOVE the product but you need to take a more APPLE like approach and hide all the tech details like version numbers and such, and focus cleaning up the user interface. it is too busy. I feel like I am about to launch a rocket to space each time I touch the software.

once setup sure it is great but the setup is cumbersome.
AND ->
- why can’t we setup shortcuts to change all values on the fly as we play the game ?

BUSINESS IDEA -> sell a button box to change the Force feedback value ! I bet EVERYONE would buy that stuff ! Patent pending :wink:

1 Like

There is Simple UI option if that’s what you are after.
Not everyone is at the same level, some prefer MORE control, not less.

2 Likes

I think there’s away to change settings with SC’s own Tahko wheel buttons/dials. Not sure what settings can be changed though…

Also as Andrew mentioned there’s a simple view of the settings too.

I don’t think that TD is equipped with too many options, not at all. It has, apart from torque and steering range (which are absolutely mandatory), maybe 5 settings. And they all makes sense. So less would be sure worse. On top, there is the simple mode. Definitely no action needed to take away anything at all

Nooooooooo. If you can’t handle a bit of technical info then sell the Simucube and buy a Logitech instead.

I ditched Apple because they made MacOS so kiddy simple my bloody goldfish could twat (or is it tweet - nevermind) but I couldn’t do anything remotely productive with it.

I didn’t realize the Tahko wheel buttons/dials had the on-the-fly adjustment feature, thats’ great…but when is this going to be available to button box :wink: ! I skipped fanated to not be locked in their ecosystem. I hope Simucube will open that function soon.

Again I love my simucube, but anything to make it easier to setup would be great. Changing the variable without feelign the feedback in real time is REALLY cumbersome

You can change settings on the fly!
But for easy use, you need another screen to open True Drive and play with sliders

FFB in most sims go crazy when losing and reacquiring focus.
Quit doing on the fly adjustments because of that.

Uncheck “Prevent mouse wheel from changing profile settings” under Other Settings tab, and change sliders with mouse scroll to not loss focus on main screen

You cannot have two windows active simultaneously, and only active receives input from mouse and keyboard. Perhaps titles you play are immune to that problem, for me ACC, R3E, and AMS2 all were detecting focus loss and pausing FFB output just do do something crazy atter tabbing back into the game window.
After getting some painful hand slaps a few times, switched to always quitting the game or at least active session before touching anything in TD.