Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Basic tutorial that covers all what we need

EDIT:
Problems comes When games support only 1 controller, because combining with FFB devices is a mess

1 Like

ok so try and update me with the games you can make it work :slight_smile:

Edit : just heard it uses Vjoy to create a new joypad controller, which is not a good news since - at least with my experiece - Vjoy is known to mess with other sims once installedā€¦reason why I once tried with iracing but uninstalled right away because it was interferring with any other simā€¦

AMS actually has a few things improved compared to rfactor, one of the things is the usb limit is higher with AMS, compared to rfactor with its 3 usb limit.

You can disable vJoy whenever you want, itā€™s a trade off

1 Like

Hi guys,
i just made iracing post, i think its good to post it here too :slight_smile:

1. Some strong efforts had been initiated during last period, as result - most popular SC2 Sport and Pro models are now in stock and ready for dispatch. Its slightly to early to tell, but lets hope that preorders phase will no longer be needed. For potential short periods without stock, email stock subscryption will be enabled in webshop together with precise stock date. Waiting time should be minimal, and everyone will get their order practily immedietly after one is placed. Same as it has always been at SRB since early 2016. I feel its better and more fair approach, as with release of SC2, some distributors might wrongly understand or even plan to, that product can be paid by their customers 1 or 2 production batches in advance and then expect them to patiently wait for months until get it delivered.
    Please note that SC2 Ultimate production have own production time frame but i estimate that stock should be solved in around few weeks aswell.

2. We all know Martin Ascher and his quality products which proved in the market in last few years. Me and Martin meet few months ago to discuss few ideas and future plans. As result, we are now offering Ascher Racing F28-SC wireless wheels with live stock and nice discount option.

3. New product from SimRacingBay is comming. Its a result of a few months of my hard preparation and included 5 professional companies to make it done properly. It will be the first in official line of products which will follow in upcoming weeks and months. Aim is to complete Simucube DD systems with premium quality products. More info (with product pictures) should be ready in 10 days.

PS: Simucube 2 accessories like premium torque off button, Simucube QR parts are already added in webshop, the rest will be added very soon. Some pictures are still in works too:
https://www.simracingbay.com/shop/

BR,
Tomo

12 Likes

I have no idea what are those ā€œnew productsā€ but Iā€™m hyped anyway! you canā€™t go wrong with SRB :slight_smile: thank you Tomo!

1 Like

great Tomo (my pro comes from you), anyway guys with these beautiful products, Iā€™m getting poor! :joy:

1 Like

What is up with the annoying beeping the SC2 pro does? I have unchecked the beeps in the settings, but it will still beep. Please update this so It doesnā€™t do this. Also, please get rid of the setting that makes me have to turn on full torque every time. I donā€™t want to ever have to touch that. Just leave it on.

2 Likes

Idle beep is to remind users that there is still potentially dangerous torque active and that e-stop has not been pressed in as it should.

The high torque mode activation is due to huge liability risk. We are thinking about how to transfer that liability to the user who would change it to the permanently enabled setting.

1 Like

how about a config file with an undocumented settings people can edit.

Not your fault if people edit a file they were told not to edit.

1 Like

I love you guys Mika, and I am very happy with my SC2, but this is a joke. Get rid of the beeps and torque mode crap. You are just adding to the bullcrap we have to do every time we fire up to race. If the beeps were spread out farther, it wouldnā€™t be as big of a deal, but these things happen every time I get out of the car to make setup changes. Iā€™m not hitting my stop button any time Iā€™m in the rig.

I will be glad when the high torque mode is under user liability. I keep forgetting to turn that on until in the race.
Spread out beeps would be better as well.

1 Like

Do us sc 2 users have to adjust these 2-3 screws ever, never?

1 Like

The two screws adjusts the strength of the ball plungers that hold the quick release pin in place. They should not wear out easily, but if the pin is too loose, you can tighten those two screws.

The middle hole is for a bolt that can be used to more permanently hold the SQR pin in place as a backup option. Nobody has told us that is needed, but the hole is there anyway.

1 Like

Thanks @Mika. My ball plungers screw are quite loose and having some minor ā€œklonksā€ on fast reaction wheel turning and it is annoying me. Maybe be also wheelside screws causing.

And solution to ā€œklonkingā€ sound and loosenes was that those ball plungers screws were loose and loosenes and klonks disappears now. Finally. This problem was since I got my cube. If some one has similar problems,hope this helps.

Mine (first batch) are hard to plugin, really Hard.
Im plugin only by one side (right side), if it wears out any time, I can change by the other one or plugin the left side

1 Like

Same here, putting the pin in requires some strength. The SQR is perfectly tight for me as well.

@Mika , question on that middle hole. I am planning to use Buchfink Q1R with SC2 by bolting it to extension piece (New Simucube wheel adapters), so can we just screw bolt through that hole and skip the locking pin.
What kind of bolt is needed, is it included in the package, if not can you please point to exact model on something like https://www.mcmaster.com/

Thanks a lot

I canā€™t remember the bolt specifications off hand. The locking pin must be used even with the the bolt, as the bolt is just used as a backup for the ball plungers.

Really? :frowning:
Somehow I thought reading earlier that sticking out pin can be replaced with the bolt to make it look cleaner.