Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Is this the issue where the SteamVR consumes just huge amount of resources when the game starts and the FFB effect creation commands do not get through to the device?

In iRacing, it is usually enough to uncheck and recheck FFB checkbox, no device restart needed.

Regarding True Drive, we have fixed a bug recently, which made it impossible to switch profile on the first try after device restart and True Drive was running. The fix will be in the next release.

3 Likes

I’ve seen already you mentioned this FFB checkbox in-game, and tried it already, but no luck. Only hard reset helps.:thinking:

the setting in iRacing does not do anything if you don’t click OK in the dialog, and reopen the dialog, and put the checkbox back.

I’m just trying to figure out if this is indeed something new we are seeing, or just a known issue. We do have a known issue that makes iRacing hang/crash on startup, and are working on a fix for it.

Those who have some resonance sound issue with Simucube 2 Ultimate, please PM me today - there is a specific firmware fix that we want people to try.

1 Like

Hi Mika,
Sent Dropbox link to me, I just got back from Spain.

I can test first thing in the morning :wink:

1 Like

Will try this later today. Let you know.

you already got mail from Joonas.

Yes, Mika, it works this way. Thank you!

need help. For Codemaster i need the id from Simucube2. I mean someone has writ here but i cant find it

<device id = “{0D5A16D0-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}” name = “simucube” priority = “100” type = “wheel” />
this is for SC1 but i need it for SC2
iRacing FFB run
rF2 FFB run
GRID Autosport FFB run
KartKraft FFB run
Dirt Rally 2 FFB run
Dirt4 FFB run
Forza Horizon FFB run with Gimx
F1 2018 FFB run

okay find it

Fyi: my reseller confirmed a 5 week delay. Batch 2 will leave the warehouse 2nd week of August.

2 Likes

Taking decisions under emotions is not best solution. We all waited for SC2 and trust me it worth waiting.

4 Likes

Hang on … it’s worth it. :wink:

1 Like

guys, I wanted to trust so bad in granity and sc2, really. i owned an osw therefore i perfectly know what we are talking about. but I am kinda loosing hope and trust in this. sure, I was the one who made the mistake to sell the osw and buy sc2 with what i earned from it, but it was the only way i could afford it.
if those new dates will be confirmed, it will be well over 70 days since I sold osw and bought sc2, because the day i decided to sell osw the sc2 was scheduled to be delivered in less than 25/30 days, but now it would be more than double the time of waiting.
so, i am not making any decision based on emotions, i am deciding that my > 1k euro could be better invested into something that will allow me to return actively to my only hobby and passion.
I strongly believed into this project, I would have never sold my osw for anything else in the world, but I decided to do it anyway, but for what? it wasn’t surely my plan to spend over 1k to hear “just wait and something will eventually happen, we don’t know exactly when, and you will have to find informations about it by yourself, cause we are not gonna say anything about that, so just pay and wait”. that was not my plan.

Hi Mika,
I simply luv 1.05, very subtle, but significant improvements in the filters, especially around the Center behaviour. Jeesh, the optimisation is working very well, thank you.

A few slight tweaks to the low-latency filter and nirvana awaits :wink:

Also the new profile-behaviour ( I tested iRacing one) is a nice feature, should help newbies a lot.

4 Likes

Hang in there. It will be worth it!

Hey Beano now that you are back home. Being the only person on the forum with the Pro and Ultimate I believe I’m not the only one interested in the differences between the two. I have a Pro reserved and wondering what are the differences besides the 7nm? And what the extra filters of the Ultimate bring to the table?

2 Likes

Can you explain in simple words :slight_smile: how this low latency mode works and what it does?

Hang on if you can, Alessandro :slightly_smiling_face:

I really can understand your frustration but those days will soon pass and you’ll receive a motor that you will love for years to come.

I would say there is also a good chance that your package will include the revised QR as GD will have had some extra time to source the upgraded parts.

I had originally ordered and received a SC1 which turned out to be faulty so I never got to use it. I had to return it and in the meantime, the SC2 was announced so I pre ordered. The time between me ordering the SC1, returning it and waiting for the SC2 to arrive was around 70 days.

I was seriously frustrated during that time but I’m so glad that I ended up with the SC2 and I hope you will feel the same.

5 Likes

Yes, It’s not easy to wait. I know because next tuesday it becomes 3 months from my order date, and almost 2 months from last official delivery update. You are at least geting updates…

1 Like